Body temperature

yay

What kind of body temperature do you have?  

1. 1.

• I am always hot, wearing t-shirts when everyone else is in sweaters.
    • Average, I'm pretty much like most people.
    • I am always cold, wearing sweaters when no one else is.

This poll is closed to new votes

i voted average altho i tends to feel the cold less then most people around me due to the fact i have been exposed to working in cold environments

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I don't feel the cold as easily as most people--in the odd occassion when someone manages to touch me, they'll tell me I feel like a ghost (to which I reply, if I were, their hand would probably go THROUGH me in the first place :lol:)--I just don't think I feel any different from usual in those cases though.

You'll often find me walking around in a T-Shirt, even in the middle of winter.

I can't take any sort of heat at all, though. The summer drives me mad, when it decides to heat up around here for a (luckily!) short period--I end up feeling really ill. Two years ago, I actually fainted, when it got really hot for a while.

• 1 year later...

I am on fire permantly and my body superheats itself before i go to sleep dont know why dont really care to find out thought it it particularly funny on cold wet mornings when i get inside and start to steam :P

I wear jeans and a sweater in the middle of summer. XD

I have really bad circulation, too. My hands and feet are rarely warm.

I am on fire permantly and my body superheats itself before i go to sleep dont know why dont really care to find out thought it it particularly funny on cold wet mornings when i get inside and start to steam :P

:blink: oh... my!

None of the above. I have sensory integration disorder plus neuropathy plus a wonky thyroid, and my perception of temperature rarely matches reality- but it can swing wrong in both directions.

TheMelbourneMethod
I really don't fit anywhere. I tend to be pretty comfortable in all temparatures, even when the people around me aren't. So I said average.

Yeah, that's pretty much me. I tend to be neutral all the time. I wear pants and sweaters almost all year, but that's mostly because that's what I'm comfortable in, not because I'm cold. However, I do notice when it's over 90 degrees. I get very depressed and I get chills. Which leads to heavier sweaters.

I radiate a toonnnn of heat, but my body has yet to learn to keep some of the heat for itself. I tend to be very cold, shivering quite easily. My grandma makes the claim that because i have long thin fingers and long toes, that it's harder to stay warm, and if your hands and feet are cold, you tend to be cold. I try 3 pairs of socks from time to time.. still doesn't work. However, I sweat a lot and quite easily.. I have axillary hyperhidrosis (so I can sweat even when shivering and for no reason at all). I also have this issue where when I work out, I have to stop because I get too cold, like my ears (and usually upper body) will be freezing (to others, too) and it causes my balance to get thrown off. When I tell my doc I get a "curious" "huh" response, lol.

Always too warm. Ridiculously so at times. I don't own any sweaters or jumpers, and have one jacket (a fleece) for when it rains.I'll be walking around in a t-shirt when it's below freezing, and tend to only put the heating on in the house when it gets below 10C inside my bedroom (where I'll be happy in pajamas or even less sometimes). I live in Scotland too...

(Note for example my profile picture on here - I'm in a tshirt and there's a mist and frost in the background).

Guest member25959

I haven't a clue, to be honest.

Body temperature is supposed to be at 35.5oC

I think my body temp is low, because my hand and feet are always as cold as ice, but i think thats something to do with blood flow?

• 4 months later...

I'm usually colder than most people, I'm nearly always wearing some sort of long sleeves or sweatshirt. My body temperature is a few degrees lower than the average persons though.

vrazda verlaine

Cold, cold, cold.

It doesn't make sense, because my body temperature is lower than average. I seem to run at about 97.3F compared to the usual 98.6F. So the outside temperature should feel warmer in relation to my internal temperature, right? (In the same way that you feel cold when you have a fever.)

Average as well. Most of the time i don't mind being warm. I like being under sweaters and blankets. It's harder in the summer time to do that.

KieranTheWerewolf42

I'm always hot. I don't even own a winter coat. I just wear a hoody.

The MoUsY spell-checker

Usually warm, but I also tend to be sweaty quite often, and sometimes that leads to me being colder than most other people after sitting still for a while.

cold, always; in fact i've got Reynaud's Phenomenon, which means if i get anxious or am exposed to prolonged cold temperatures i lose all sensation in my fingers and toes. i have to run them under warm water to get the circulation going again. this is a fairly recent development, within the past few years; it freaked me out no end the first time it happened...

what an interesting question, though. it's one i would never have thought to ask.

AFlyingPiglet

I'm normally fairly average (althought slightly towards the feeling colder side). I always seem to have cold hands and feet when I'm on aven - I don't know why? I can barely type right now as my hands are so cold.

Archived