Body temperature

yay

What kind of body temperature do you have?  

1. 1.

• I am always hot, wearing t-shirts when everyone else is in sweaters.
    • Average, I'm pretty much like most people.
    • I am always cold, wearing sweaters when no one else is.

This poll is closed to new votes

I've noticed that compared to other people, I am literally always colder than them. My hands and feet especially. I often wear sweaters when everyone else is in t-shirts or I feel chilly after I eat. I was just wondering if anyone else got like this? Maybe there's a link to asexuality, I don't know...

I am usually cold, at least compared to people around in my office. I often wear one more layer of clothing than they would.

Mine varies. I'm at an average state right now, but that's because I've been in California long enough to get acclimatized to the weather here. It took a while though. I essentially grew up in Hawaii, and when I wasn't there, I was always somewhere humid, so first coming up here was a definite switch. I was cold more often than not. That was annoying, because I'm way more comfortable in lighter clothing.

Now, however, I'm in the average range. Maybe a little bit on the always warmer side. When I go home (back to Hawaii), I'm definitely always hotter than everyone else.

Yeah, I'm always cold. At school I had to wear three layers of clothes just to be semi-comfortable while everyone else was in T-shirts. In what most people consider "room temperature" I'm chilly. Then again, I am very small, (small-boned, short, thin, tiny in general.) People say that's why I get cold so easily. Might also be cause I was born next to the southernmost city in the US and heat just feels normal to me. ^^;

I get cold before most people in my area (mid seventies are when I start getting uncomfortable in a tshirt and shorts, by 65F I'm in a heavy coat; I think it is important to look at this question as relative to the area, as people tend to acclimate to their local climate), but I attribute that to my being underweight. When I was bigger I used to not get as cold as fast.

Hmm. I haven't voted yet. I don't know what to put.

Usually my hands are very cold, but the rest of my body is much warmer than everyone else. Example: I walked into class one day wearing short sleeves, shorts, sandals and gloves. Everyone else was wearing pants and long sleeves. I got some pretty funny looks. Luckily, I don't care if people think I'm crazy.

I'm usually cold, but I don't know why. I sweat too much even when I am cold whihc I can't figure out. I'm also kind of fat, so I don't know why I'm often cold.

I'm always cold too. It really annoys me because people insist on opening the window all the time and then I have to go and shut it because I'm freezing my arse off. I notice this everywhere I go. School, uni, jobs, the public library, everywhere. Why is it that if there is a window there people want it open all the bloody time and complain when I go and shut it? And this is in the middle of London, so "fresh air" my backside. If you want to go and stand outdoors with the car fumes and people who have to smoke on the pavement because of the ban, be my guest.

JokeyFairbobbin

I'm always hot, but this is Texas, so it IS hot, and I think it's perfectly acceptable to wear flip-flops all winter. However, I'm guilty of wearing shorts when it's 30 degrees (and jeans when it's 100, but I suffer for that one), so I still tend to like it cooler than most.

reverse_thrust

I tend to be cold in the summer and hot in the winter. So... none of the above.

I tend to be cold in the summer and hot in the winter. So... none of the above.

I'm the same, thought I voted "cold" because I feel "normal" in the winters and cold in the summers.

I'm always warm, to the point where even in winter, I never wear above a t-shirt when indoors, and even when going out I'll only need a jacket for those few weeks of really cold weather.

Average I think though I feel cold more than other people i think.

I always have cold hands.

I used to be cold a lot.

But now I am always hot. My window is open a crack even in winter (I have the heat on so walls and ceiling and pipes don't crack).

I think it's a hormone thing.

I really don't fit anywhere. I tend to be pretty comfortable in all temparatures, even when the people around me aren't. So I said average.

I put that I'm always cold. Before I started losing weight I used to feel really hot even at 60 degrees fahrenheit. Now that I have lost quite a bit of weight I sometimes get really cold.

I tend to feel the cold rather less than most people, but I just put that down to having somewhat more insulation than they do. That and growing up in a house with no heating in the bedrooms.

I tend to sweat and feel hot in any kind of weather. Heck even in the winter I can break out into cold sweats.

Revenge of Rain

Really fucking cold all the time. Unless it's above 75F or so. I don't like warm places though. It makes life difficult.

I am the coldest person I have ever personally known - and I don't know why because I've always lived in places with fairly cold winters and generally mild summers, and feel more comfortable in hotter countries.

I only feel unusually cold in my torso however.

Funnily enough though I sometimes quite like walking outside in cold winter weather, dressed up against the elements - but only if it's dry cold rather than damp cold.

I suppose I'd be "average" but that doesn't quite cut it. I tend to feel quite cold quite often... but also, I have regular hot sweats (not brought on by anything logical, like excercise) as if I was going through menopause! Which is about 20 years away or so. :?

i don't wear much in the way of a coat in winter since i just never have so cold doesn't bother me much. at the same time, i wear long sleeves year round and i never wear shorts, and have been known to wear a coat in the summer just for the extra pockets. go figure. i pretty much don't pay much attention to temperature unless it's really, really cold. then i wear gloves.

... growing up in a house with no heating in the bedrooms.
- Eek! - I need a warm home. I need it badly! - OTOH I don't mind standing on the yard at work smoking my fags wearing only shorts & a t-shirt all year. - Coworkers feared pneumonia by simply watching me...

So am I average in the end? - I don't know. - Let's call me quirky?

I voted average, but I like to be cold and wear a sweater, so I am not sure. I am usually hot, but that is because I insist on wearing too much clothing!

Archived