Does Your Body Betray You?

Sideos

asexysjsfan

My body does "betray" me at times, but not very often. I'm more likely to be betrayed when I'm thinking about something than when I'm doing something sexual... for some reason I lose all interest once it leaves the mind :D.

I would relate it to feeling "betrayed" when you have to go to the bathroom and it's not feasible to do so. Whenever your body is having a reaction that your mind disagrees to, it's betraying your wishes. At the end, it's all just chemicals and I'm not one to let them effect my better judgment.

Yep, my body does that a lot. It happened last night in fact when I came across this anime picture and I instantly got turned on and I thought "oh noes....." But yeah I think it's just somethng natural..our bodies are gonna do that once in a while.

• 3 weeks later...
In_Omnia_Paratus

I'm totally with you >.< I have the same problem from time to time

stupid human nature :P

KayleeSaeihr

I feel very similarly. It's most disturbing when my body becomes aroused, not to mention absolutely irritating.

Whenever I'm aroused or turned on or something, I have a full bladder. A quick trip to the bathroom and it's gone...

I wonder if I'm weird that way.

Whenever I'm aroused or turned on or something, I have a full bladder. A quick trip to the bathroom and it's gone...

I've experienced that too!!! It's really weird, isn't it? :huh:

-Katie

When I did think I was asexual (maybe two or so years ago), I was also confused by the turned on feelings. On one hand, I was completely indifferent and uninterested in sex, but, on the other hand, I felt arousal.

Well, I figured out that I'm not asexual or anything. Fearful yes, frightened at the thought of intimacy, and yet I realized two years ago that I crave it- I was in denial. But only with the right person (See my thread for my chronicles).

So, it's been only recently that I figured myself out: I'm a highly sexual person (still a total virgin, though) trapped in a repressed body.

the Lady Ashuko

I've been thinking about this lately because before learning about asexuality I just assumed I thought I was normal other than the fact I didn't want sex and pretty much the only times I ever fel "turned on" was like watching sex scenes (or people getting hurt) in movies. I felt weird about it but not "betrayed."

But it seems like ever since I found out, my body is out of control. Like it's reminding me that it's capable. I get this weird tingly feeling at random times that have nothing to do with sex. I hate it!

• 1 month later...

I get that but it doesn't phase me in the least, I usually just ignore it actually and move on with my day. I don't consider it a bad thing and I don't think it has to be unless you're really content on making it that way.

QUOTE (pikku @ Aug 8 2008, 02:14 AM) *

I've experienced that too!!! It's really weird, isn't it? huh.gif

Same here! Except its usually I'm asleep, and my bladder is full, and its that time of the month. But it goes away after a quick trip to the bathroom, like you said :). Anyhow, I don't really feel its a betrayal, just a lot of mixed signals or something.

The bladder thing happens to me too. Once the trip to the bathroom is done it goes away (sometimes) but there are times where it stays and I'm still aroused but not as intense as before

Guest disjointed

I have to agree with KT8

I look at things of a sexual nature and think....and??

The only time my body betrays me is after brussel sprouts...then I could kill it for embarrasing me

Seeing this topic and all of the responses makes me feel a lot better. :) I occasionally experience arousal, but it's very mild - I've considered masturbating just to get the feeling to go away, but...nothing. When I try to think of sexual topics or images, I actually get less turned on. The arousal is very rarely connected to something sexual - yes, I have gotten fluttery 'down there' while viewing something sexual, but it's often because I feel an emotional response to the characters involved, and I feel emotions very viscerally. Then again, I sometimes feel a tiny, tiny pinch of arousal when seeing a naked body. It really depends, though, what time of the month it is. If I'm due for my period, I get aroused more easily. If I'm on my period or it's just ended, I feel nothing.

I feel most upset when I'm turned on by my dreams. A few times, I've woken up feeling very aroused down there...so much so that just shifting my position in bed will set off waves of feeling. It's embarrassing and incredibly annoying. And the strangest part is, the dreams that turn me on the most rarely have sexual content. Once, I dreamt that I was running down a hill in my backyard toward the neighbor's fence. Another time, I was on a boat talking with several of my college professors. In yet another dream, I was at a concert and went backstage to find a dead body. The first few times it happened, I thought it felt good. I was like, "Ooh, this is new and exciting." But soon, it became old news and it was just annoying or even painful.

Ugh, anyway. Sometimes I do feel like my body is betraying me, but at the same time I know it doesn't really know any better. I just wish I wasn't caught in the awkward middle ground of "feeling aroused enough for it to be annoying, but not enough to be able to do anything about it."

Oh, and then there's the fact that I connect very, very strongly with the characters I write about, sometimes to the point of feeling aroused whenever they are. But I think that's a whole other story...

• 3 weeks later...

I find myself that way too...

I'm still not really comfortable with the asexual label yet...i'm still really struggling with it because its not something i *want* to be...and i wish there was something i could do, but i guess thats a whole 'nother topic.

anyway, when i do certain things with my girlfriend (i classify myself as a lesbian), sometimes when i go down on her i find that i have a strong reaction down there, but my brain doesn't connect...and i don't find myself wanting to have sex. i don't ever want to receive it from her and i don't know why. it also doesn't help that i can't satisfy myself in a normal way (touching, vibrators, etc), so how the hell can i expect her to be able to!

does anyone else find that this happens to them? that is, not being able to self-satisfy?

Oh I've read about the full bladder thing in a magazine once and I don't remember much about it. Apparently it presses down on something or another internally which causes or intensifies arousal.

unembellished

"I don't WANT to hate myself or hate my body for it's reactions at the sights of naked people (dispite my usual 'EW!' reaction to such) but I can't help but constantly feel betrayed by myself.

So, does anyone else feel this way? And does anyone know any way to fix this?"

This discussion is fantastic. The only way I know how to 'fix' something is to stand on my head and view it updside down. Hit it from the other direction. This is a NATURAL reaction - it doesn't need to be 'fixed'. Just flow. Don't give it any power by saying to yourself it is wrong or bad or a betrayal (the powerlessness is actually part of the arousal). A natural reaction is perfect. Its perfectly you, me, us:)

As you can see by the varied answers on what arouses us, and makes us feel guilty or betrayed, comes from sex being taught as a taboo subject, a subject of power. When the feelings are allowed to flow freely we can not chastise ourselves, but rather just accept, for the feeling to go away. What you really must ask yourself is "Do I want it to go away?" or is it part of your need to feel something to know how alive you are?

I learned a lot from the responses to this thread. Thanks all.

Archived