Looking to interview people who identify as ace or aro!

Hi everyone!

I identify as aro/ace and I’m an actress. I’m thinking of writing some monologues and short scenes about asexuality and about aromanticism, that I’d perform and post on social media, and maybe turn into a play? (If I get enough material!)
The idea is to bring more attention to asexuality while flexing my creative muscles! 😁

And to write something as accurate and diverse as possible, I need your help! I was hoping to interview people who identify as asexual, aromantic or both, about their experiences and their thoughts about their orientation. I would then turn their answers into monologues and scenes.

Their privacy would of course be respected, I wouldn’t use any real names, dates, locations or anything else you’d like to keep private!

Message me if this is something you’d like to participate in!

• Like 4

Are you looking for in person or on here? 

• Like 3
verily-forsooth-egads

Happy to contribute if I can

• Like 2
blunose2772

Not sure how much I can offer but I'm willing to help

• Like 2
Marmalade Fires

I'd give this a go, I'm 45 and just started to really acknowledge this part of who I am if that would interest you

• Like 2
nickolekuebler

I would love to do anything that I can to help. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your replies!

On 5/24/2023 at 8:11 PM, Reindeer said:

Are you looking for in person or on here? 

I'm looking to do individual interviews, hopefully on a video call so we can have a proper chat!

I'm almost done prepping my questions, once I do, I'll contact you guys so we can arrange a time (or figure out a different way to do this if you don't want to be on a video call!)

• Like 1
On 5/24/2023 at 4:15 PM, Marmalade Fires said:

I'd give this a go, I'm 45 and just started to really acknowledge this part of who I am if that would interest you

Finally someone else like me! Also 45 and just realizing that there is nothing "wrong" with me. I've just been ace this whole time. I envy the younger generation that were more knowledgeable and therefore were able to identify this in themselves earlier. 

• Like 3
Marmalade Fires
10 hours ago, LateAce said:

Finally someone else like me! Also 45 and just realizing that there is nothing "wrong" with me. I've just been ace this whole time. I envy the younger generation that were more knowledgeable and therefore were able to identify this in themselves earlier. 

Hi, welcome to AVEN. I definitely felt like there was something "wrong" when I was younger as I just didn't seem to fit what society expected. I think I knew or suspected  I was asexual for quite a  long while before now but finally at 45 I decided to look into it a bit more and try to get in touch with some other asexuals and it has definitely been a good thing for me to have done that.

• Like 1

I'd love to participate! However, would it be possible to conduct the interview in a different format? I don't feel comfortable video calling with people I haven't met IRL. 

• Like 1
OutOfPlace186

I'd be interested in participating.  I'm 37/f and discovered asexuality just 10 years ago.  Before then I was forcing myself into situations that I didn't feel comfortable in just because I knew it was what I was expected to do.  It was a big relief to me to finally realize that there was nothing wrong with me and that I didn't have to force myself to do stuff that I didn't want to do.    

• Like 1
On 6/4/2023 at 8:16 PM, Zariah said:

I'd love to participate! However, would it be possible to conduct the interview in a different format? I don't feel comfortable video calling with people I haven't met IRL. 

Of course! There are three ways I can interview people: a video call, a regular call, or written answers! If you're not comfortable with a call, I can send you my questions and you can send me your answers in written form 😊

DarkTeaTime
On 5/26/2023 at 3:47 PM, RedJeanne said:

Thanks everyone for your replies!

I'm looking to do individual interviews, hopefully on a video call so we can have a proper chat!

I'm almost done prepping my questions, once I do, I'll contact you guys so we can arrange a time (or figure out a different way to do this if you don't want to be on a video call!)

I'm totally interested and would love to help, but I am a faceless YouTuber so video chat would be out of the question for me! Unless you're cool with me having my camera off the whole time? Or I could record my voice answering your questions or something. I'd love to be involved though!

EDIT: Just saw the options you provided above, I'm down for any of them as long as my face isn't involved 🙌

• Like 1

Interview me please, I am always willing to aid queer theatre. 

hanks everyone for your replies!

• Like 1

Sign me up!  I am 52, twice divorced, mother of one. I'd be happy to share details about my twisty-turny road to the land of Ace, where I learned I didn't need to be "fixed" after all.

• Like 1

as an ace who has actually tried to make 2 marriages work I would be more than happy to talk aobut it.

• Like 1