International Asexuality Day - 6 April Livestreams!

As many of you know, International Asexuality Day (IAD) is held on 6 April, which is this coming Thursday! International Asexuality Day is an initiative that started a couple of years back to complement Ace Week (in the autumn), with a special emphasis on parts of the world that have received less ace coverage thus far.

Several livestreams are being planned for this coming IAD on Thursday 6 April featuring ace activists from different areas:

• African Aces -  1500 UTC/Zulu (11am Eastern time, 4pm UK time, 5pm South Africa time/CET)
  • European Aces - 1800 UTC/Zulu (2pm Eastern time, 7pm UK time, 8pm CET)
  • [NEW!] Asexuality & the intersections of the Black identity - 2000 UTC/Zulu (4pm Eastern time, 9pm UK time, 10pm CET)
  • Spanish Speaking Aces - 2100 UTC/Zulu (5pm Eastern time, 10pm UK time, 11pm CET)

Plus there will be a charity fundraiser called Aces Never Sleep throughout the evening/night in which aces try to stay awake the longest! This will begin at 0800 UTC/Zulu (9am UK, 10am CET) and continue throughout the day and night!

Everything will be on the IAD youtube channnel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/InternationalAsexualityDay/

I can also create some Eventbrites if that would be useful.

@Zoeo has also created a neat image we'll use on social media to advertise! We're not quite ready to put this out yet as we may make some tweaks to this. (In particular the start time of "Aces Never Sleep" hasn't been finalised yet.) But here it is! Thanks @Zoeo!

processed-1e9fd343-8560-499f-8077-cabd3f

• Like 11

I did not know there was an "Asexuality Day" - thank you for letting us all know.

• Like 5
Exoplanetarian

Oh amazing! I am working v late on that day so it's cool to know I can zoom in after, especially because I took the late shift so that my co-worker can celebrate her mums birthday with her 

We have a new event! A livestream at 2000 UTC/Z (4pm Eastern time, 9pm UK time, 10pm CET) on ASEXUALITY & THE INTERSECTIONS OF THE BLACK IDENTITY'. This will be hosted by Ashabi Owagboriaye, creator of Ace in Grace!

I'll update the OP and the flyer.

• Like 1

We're off! The Aces Never Sleep livestream, which is going on all day (and possibly night!) has started! Do join in!

• Like 2

... and it's still going. We've had Italian, Aussie, Filipino, Indo-spec aces thus far. (Did I miss anyone?) I believe the Nepalese aces are on soon...

• Like 2

My thanks, to all of the panelists, hosts, and everyone else who participated or helped organize these events for International Asexuality Day. Thank you, for sharing your experiences.

• Like 1

Yep! Also, AVEN has aces, online, all the time, no matter what time it is.

So, it seems it's true that "aces never sleep." :P