What is your preferred room temperature setting?

Room temperature setting  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Place the temperature setting that you like to set your room on

• > 32 °C - > 89.6 F
    • 32 °C - 89.6 F
    • 30 °C - 86.0 F
    • 28 °C - 82.4 F
    • 26 °C - 78.8 F
    • 24 °C - 75.2 F
    • 22 °C - 71.6 F
    • 20 °C - 68.0 F
    • 18 °C - 64.4 F
    • 16 °C - 60.8 F
    • 14 °C - 57.2 F
    • 12 °C - 53.6 F
    • 10 °C - 50.0 F
    • 8 °C - 46.4 F
    • 6 °C - 42.8 F
    • 4 °C - 39.2 F
    • 2 °C - 35.6 F
    • 0 °C - 32.0 F
    • < 0 °C - < 32.0 F
    • Other

Here is where we share room temperature. Also, this is based on Celcius as this is on international forum.

EDIT: I should picked 28 C, but oh well.

DemonicEnby

Well, when awake about 22, but for sleeping 17 is enough. 

Anything past 25 is annoying and just makes me extremely tired for just being too hot. 

At least we were smart enough to get air conditioning installed while renovating or homeoffice would be hell. (My room is facing sunrise from diagonally left and gets direct sunlight until about five in the afternoon in summer. The electronic devices would not like such temperatures too often for too long.)

Though I am curious how much energy the solar system will produce then, we installed it last September on the balcony. 

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

22°C is great, but 20°C also does the job. Noting lower, though. 

• Like 1
Sarah-Sylvia
34 minutes ago, R_1 said:

Here is where we share room temperature. Also, this is based on Celcius as this is on international forum.

EDIT: I should picked 28 C, but oh well.

Do you really like that hot? 24c is already uncomfortably hot to me.

6 minutes ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

Do you really like that hot? 24c is already uncomfortably hot to me.

Yes. I find the currently voted (family) temperature on my house (77° F) too cold. So, I wear things to keep myself at least warm.

• Like 1

I can't answer this. Sometimes it's 16°C and sometimes it's 28°C and everything in between. My body is weird about regulating its temperature, so.

I guess generally low to mid 20s most of the time.

• Like 3
RoseGoesToYale

75F max. Any higher and mold will grow because Florida. Any lower and I'll freeze, lol. I do sometimes lower it a couple degrees to sleep because I like sleeping with lots of blankets on me.

Monke Jimmy

My mom likes the house cold, so it's always at 20°C/69°F (nice). I like it cool enough that I can just wear a blanket if I'm cold. Also we like a cool floor. 

If I had control over the thermostat, though, I wouldn't set the temperature so strictly. 

Anomaly Q3Xr

I don't have a temperature setting, I can just turn the storage heater(s) on or off. In my previous homes I generally set them to around 18 degrees Celsius.

• Like 1

I've never had control over the thermostat (aside from in my former apartment, but it had an old window unit that wasn't set by temperature, so IDK). I certainly would prefer it cooler at all times. Somewhere in the 60s F, but since I haven't ever been able to control the thermostat I don't know where that perfect temperature is.

I do know that 74F is getting too warm for me. Absolutely nothing above that is good, ever.

Idk what temp exactly but. I sleep best in winter

When I can have my window open in like 20 degree weather and my fan on 

10/10 sleeping

Ideally, I'd say usually 19C +/- 1 degree, if energy costs and such were not an issue.

As it is, I am in the US and my thermostat is on Fahrenheit. This time of year I usually have it set to 62F during the day (a bit chilly, but manageable, and the heating bill can still be a bit high) and 60F at night (but I use a heated blanket when I feel chilly). In the summer I usually have my AC set at 80F (and some of the really hot days it struggles with that), which is not ideal but is tolerable - much warmer than that and I don't deal well.

• Like 1

My thermostat isn’t super accurate but I tend to keep my place a bit cooler. I really don’t do well in warmer temperatures. 

I prefer to sleep in cooler temps so like 16-17C is fine, a little cooler is fine too for sleep. When awake I’m okay at 18 but get chilly and usually I’m very content at 20/21C. Anything warmer than that, I am instantly like ew why is it so hot in here. 

I seem to tend to run warmer than a lot of other people though. My coworkers are always complaining about being cold at the office and I’m usually perfectly comfortable in a tshirt. 

No proper AC though so I struggle in the summer. My apartment gets a lot of sun so it is often in the high 20s and can hit 30s depending how hot it is out. 

• Like 1

I have the heater in my room set to 69 (because my sibling wont let me set it to 70) and I don’t like it to be much higher than that. I can be comfortable anywhere between 60 and 70. 

Picklethewickle

15C to 17C when I'm awake, around 12C when going to sleep. Summer is hard for sleeping.

I deal with whatever temperature it is in my flat most of the time to save money. It has always been like this since growing up. Not freezing is for the "rich". But outside I usually feel most comfortable when it's something like 20 to 24°C.

Generally around 20°c

• Like 1

depends what clothes im wearing but a solid 22*C or 24*C is good

Soul Searcher

Depends.

Sometimes I want 16°C, sometimes 30°C. 

Though, it generally tends to stick around 20°C - 25° C

spaghetti_and_meatballs

Winter I tend to like it lower - 22 C to 24 C

Summer I usually have the temperature higher - 24 C to 26 C

Also kind of depends on when during the day too, I usually prefer to have the temperature cooler when I go to bed and warmer in the morning. 

Rhyn Corinn

Preferably around 60 F but I'm fine with anything up to 69 F. Anything higher than that and I feel like the air is suffocating me and I'm melting. (a lower limit most likely exists but has yet to be discovered)

• Like 1