Research Request: Aces & extroversion/introversion

We have a research request from @Erin1056

Hi Everyone! 

For my university psychology group project we are studying the correlation between asexual individuals and scores of extroversion on the BFI-2 personality test. I would be extremely grateful if anyone who sees this could fill out our research form, it shouldn't take too long to complete. Thank you so much! :)

Also please make sure to select the "PR01 Mon 10am Team Name" group at the beginning so we can access the data :)

https://uofg.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3PBN4hBP488GKnY

This study was approved by the Project Team.

On behalf of PT,

kelico

• Like 5

Do they want input from non-aces too?

Sarah-Sylvia

If it has an option for saying whether someone is asexual or not (or gray-ace, etc) then maybe they take into account someone's a/sexuality.

I don't know if they do though.

2 hours ago, Ceebs said:

Do they want input from non-aces too?

We are unsure at this moment. They haven't logged in since the day they posted this originally (we only now just approved it). But we can try asking them!

AstrophelDragon
17 hours ago, Sarah-Sylvia said:

If it has an option for saying whether someone is asexual or not (or gray-ace, etc) then maybe they take into account someone's a/sexuality.

I don't know if they do though.

It has an option for this

• Like 3

Some feedback, in the hopes @Erin1056 sees this:

I left out the question whether I am acting introverted/shy, because the answer would be: Introverted – hell yeah!, shy – barely ever.

Introversion and shyness are two very different concepts to me. I see introversion as preferring to spend time on my own and on my inner world rather than with others and on the outer world. Shyness, to me, means wanting to interact with other people but being unable to because of feelings of inadequacy.

Seemed important to me, seeing how the study is all about introversion/extroversion.

• Like 2

Nice, been hoping to get the chance to participate in a study. I love Psychology, and I believe it is critical the medical community gets a chance to learn more about the whole LGBTQ+ Spectrum. If I can assist by doing a simply survey then Count me in

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

This was fun to do!

• 1 month later...
Old Maid Librarian
On 3/12/2023 at 8:59 AM, Pomelord. said:

Some feedback, in the hopes @Erin1056 sees this:

I left out the question whether I am acting introverted/shy, because the answer would be: Introverted – hell yeah!, shy – barely ever.

Introversion and shyness are two very different concepts to me. I see introversion as preferring to spend time on my own and on my inner world rather than with others and on the outer world. Shyness, to me, means wanting to interact with other people but being unable to because of feelings of inadequacy.

Seemed important to me, seeing how the study is all about introversion/extroversion.

Same here. I am very introverted; I get exhausted unless I get time alone to recharge, but I have never been shy or afraid of people and can deal with meeting strangers and giving presentations in front of a group without getting upset. Shy people tend to worry about being judged by you. Introverted people just want you to go away and stop bothering them.

• Like 1