AVEN Hardware Upgrade: March 9-16, 2023

EDIT: Maintenance is completed. No further downtime is expected.

Hey folks,

We will be undergoing server hardware maintenance between March 9 to March 16, 2023 to upgrade our database hardware. This hardware upgrade will allow for more software changes in the coming months, so we thank you in advance for your patience as we work to upgrade the many AVEN sites and systems. During this time, there will be a 60 second window in which the site will be unavailable as the hardware is swapped for an updated drive. The work is being done with multiple backups in place and should be quick, but will be dependant on our technicians availability so the most we can provide is an expected week of completion for the work. Should our upgrade conclude earlier, I will update this thread.

Best,

Coleslaw

• Like 25

Thank you for all that you do.

I also appreciate this update. 

• Like 5

Thanks for letting us know. I think most of us are used to taking the internet for granted and might forget the amount of work it takes for smaller independent sites like this. The work you put into it is so important and valuable and appreciated. :cake:

• Like 11
38 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Thanks for letting us know. I think most of us are used to taking the internet for granted and might forget the amount of work it takes for smaller independent sites like this. The work you put into it is so important and valuable and appreciated. :cake:

This!

• Like 3

Thank you so much :)

• Like 3
Duke Memphis

Props to you for being both able and willing to do the upkeep for the website.

• Like 3

it never occured to me that an online forum had hardware, i assumed they ran on software/hosting websites...

28 minutes ago, A User said:

it never occured to me that an online forum had hardware, i assumed they ran on software/hosting websites...

The software has to be running on something :P

14 minutes ago, Ammy said:

The software has to be running on something :P

idk i assumed since AVEN runs on Invision (a website hosting service) that hardware wasn't exactly what you'd find on here

1 minute ago, A User said:

idk i assumed since AVEN runs on Invision (a website hosting service) that hardware wasn't exactly what you'd find on here

invision is forum software, not a hosting service

Janus the Fox

Everything runs from hardware :P

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hardware has been swapped over and the maintenance window has passed. There is no further downtime expected; thank you all for your patience and support.

• Like 6