New Declass Team Members Needed: Nominations

Join the team!

We are looking for three more members of the AVEN Declassification Team. See more about that here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123437-introducing-avens-new-declassification-team/ 

We are now taking nominations. If you are interested, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/ 

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio must be sent to me before voting starts.

This is the timeline for this election:

Sunday, 5 February to Friday, 10 February: Nominations

Friday, 10 February to Monday, 13 February: Dedicated Q&A

Monday, 13 February to Saturday, 18 February: Voting

• Like 2

As a member with a beautiful orange username (my favourite colour, haha), I am happy to answer any questions anybody has about the Declass Team!

• Like 2
CincinnatiAsexual

@JimmyJazzThis sounds like a great opportunity. If possible, could you share on average, about how much time you dedicate each week to the Declassification Team? 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, CincinnatiAsexual said:

@JimmyJazzThis sounds like a great opportunity. If possible, could you share on average, about how much time you dedicate each week to the Declassification Team? 

It tends to vary, I try to do an hour a week and sometimes I do more but sometimes I do less. DT is a relatively independent role and, for the most part, you can make a contribution at your own pace.

• Like 3

@CincinnatiAsexual Hi. In case you're interested in nominating yourself, I just thought I'd mention that according to the election rules, you'd need to reach a minimum of 100 posts by Friday, when nominations end.

Rules and Procedure for Elections - Site Info Center - Asexual Visibility and Education Network (asexuality.org)

...Nominations: who is eligible

Members can run for an elected position if they have been registered on the site for 6 months or more, and have 100 or more posts on the forums, outside of Just For Fun, AVEN Arcade and Welcome Lounge...

As a member of the declassification team, I will say that it’s pretty manageable. I set aside an hour or two every week to declassify a thread. There are clear instructions about how to declassify threads, and other team members can be really helpful. 
I would recommend declass to anyone whose eligible and interested. 

• Like 3