Favorite Game Console (7th Generation)

Missing

Favorite Game Console (7th Generation)  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite 7th gen game console?

• Xbox 360
    • Sony PlayStation 3
    • Nintendo Wii

This poll is closed to new votes

This generation is a bit of an easier choice for me. I probably played the Xbox 360 more than any other console, between playing Left 4 Dead with friends long into the night, and playing Skyrim for countless hours. Then there was Portal and the 360's backwards compatibility with Halo. I did eventually play the Wii and appreciated what I had been missing out on, but if I could only pick one to have at the time, I think the 360 was the right choice for me.

What about you?

• Like 2

It was probably 360 for me. I owned about 79 of them overall, since they broke every time the direction of the wind changed.

• Like 3

This is around the time I switched from console to fully PC gaming. I had a 360, but never the other two, though I have played both as my brothers have had them. So for me, 360, merely because it was the one I had a pretty fun time with it. Playing on my brothers PlayStation 3's and Wii's never convinced me to get one.

I did have a fair few technical issues with the 360, but it survived and I gave it to my brother about 2 years ago.

• Like 2

A poll I can answer! Wii all the way, it's really fun and I've got many good memories with mine, both playing with it as a kid and homebrewing the crap out of it during the pandemic with my best friend (who had homebrewed his and was giving me the how-to through, no joke, landline because we both thought it was extremely funny) and then playing mario kart online together in homebrewed servers! We never really game together, as I only have the wii and a PC, and he was always the Xbox guy and doesn't really game on PC.

Plus, who can forget yeeting the wiimote at the ceiling playing wii sports (resort)? My wii was used and my wiimote had no strap, you all can imagine my mum coming out of her room to investigate the noise only to find that her at the time (Q1 2021) almost adult child had thrown a console controller at the ceiling playing wii sports baseball and justified it with "well, I did hit the home run, whatever that is"

(Yeah the remote kinda broke but I took it apart and fixed it, first and only console repair I've done!)

• Like 5

This is newest generation I actual own a console for. I had a Wii for a while (Never wanted one but my mom asked to pick one for my step brother since I was working for Wal Mart and had an employee discount but the he got one from someone else so I used it.) Only games I remember playing on it were Wii Sports and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. Didn't care for the motion controls. The novelty wore off quickly. 

I have a PS3 but I got it for dirt cheap at Goodwill and it doesn't work. The fact that I saw a PS3 at Goodwill in the first place should have been a red flag.

Originally bought a 360 just for one game. Lollipop Chainsaw. I'm not big on Zombie games but my favorite voice actress Tara Strong voiced the main character and I found out on of the bosses can trap you character in a bubble temporally which is an interest of mine. I ended up getting Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Mortal Kombat 9 (Komplete Edition) South Park Stick Of Truth, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, and Injustice Gods Amongst Us

• Like 2

PS3 for me! It was technically the first console I ever owned myself (didn't have to share with my brother). I played so many games on it...has so many of my faves. So this is an easy choice for me.

• Like 3

Oh the Wii for sure!! Lots of nostalgia with that console. Maybe I am the only one, but I still love the motion control gimmick! It was a lot of fun when used correctly and gives the console it's own unique charm that keeps you coming back to it :]

• Like 2
16 hours ago, bloominoko said:

Oh the Wii for sure!! Lots of nostalgia with that console. Maybe I am the only one, but I still love the motion control gimmick! It was a lot of fun when used correctly and gives the console it's own unique charm that keeps you coming back to it :]

You are not alone, as I also like it 😄 then again, the Wii was my first stationary console (I think I had my DS before), and I have some really good memories with it, like playing Wii Sports with my grandma, my first and favourite Zelda game, Twilight Princess, Mario Kart & Super Smash Bros Brawl (especially, with a classmate I had, she was from Japan and very good at both), Super Paper Mario, both Super Mario Galaxies... though also to be completely fair I have neither owned nor played the others :P I loved the Wii anyhow at least, and never felt the need for any other, been all Nintendo ever since too ^^

• Like 3

I voted for ps3 because it deserves some love :D.

It's very close between it and the wii though. The wii was special for sure. I just think the ps3 had more range of games I played and lasting appeal to me, while the wii was super  good for the nintendo games but that was mostly what I played on it.

• Like 2

Wii only because I didn’t have or even play either of the other two until far too late. Finally got a PS3 after it was obsolete. I sure did love my Wii though, and still break it out for some rockband and guitar hero every couple of years

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...

@Mackenzie Holiday

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator