Im not sure if i experience romantic attraction?

kittn_confusion

I currently identify as an Asexual Lesbian... but im not sure if i experience romance...

I've had weak crushes before, and a short online relationship with a girl, but they didn't feel real? I've been looking into demiromantic and im wondering if, for my crushes, they just were not close enough to me to pursue? i already know my online relationship made me feel repulsed and lose feelings, which is why im considering Lithromantic. But i also am asexual, dont feel aesthetic attraction, and don't enjoy kissing that much, so could i also be aromantic?

• Like 1

Possibly? I previously thought I was bi because I wasn't interested in one gender over another but it was only when I started dating that I realised I didn't have romantic feelings. I was speaking to a person for a long time online and genuinely thought I liked them in that way but when I met up with them IRL I realised I didn't feel the same way as they did and also that I wasn't able to do the 'romantic' things I felt like they expected from me - like flirting and holding hands. I'm sure that if I was going to develop feelings for anyone it would have been for them as I really liked them as a person.

Are the reasons you identify as a lesbian because your crushes have all been on women? Would you have been satisfied if you could have been friends with them but not romantically involved? Do you relate to having 'squishes' rather than crushes? Do you enjoy any aspects of stereotypical 'romantic' activities?

I can only speak about my experience as an aroace person and also often get confused about where the line gets drawn between platonic and romantic attraction/activities when other people talk about their experiences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=417&v=6DYgImG1CKo&embeds_euri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.asexuality.org%2F&source_ve_path=MjM4NTE&feature=emb_title

I think this is one of the best explanations of the difference between romantic and platonic attraction (I have heard), hopefully it also helps you to determine what you feel.

(video originally posted by: AavaMeri)