Being Ace in tiny countries.

Freloveshamster484

Freloveshamster484

I am an Ace living in Belgium. Meeting just the 1 procent is hard. How tough is it for the other countries and people?

• Like 3

I’m an Ace female from the US, and I met my  Ace boyfriend online. He lived about an 8 hour drive away from me. I’ve also met an Ace girl and they ended up living in the same town as me😊 I feel fortunate to have met 2 other Ace people 💕

I'm in Sweden and I don't find many locals in international ace group, on worldwide ace dating websites et c. Luckily I'm living in the capital where we actually have a local meetup group for aces and aros. We have both physical and online meetups, which means you don't have to live in Stockholm, although most of us do. I found the group through a national Facebook group, so my advice would be to do a social media search (if you haven't already) and see what you find. If there doesn't seem to be any safe spaces for aces in Belgium, maybe you could start one within an organization? Our group is a part of the Swedish Federation for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Intersex Rights. I truly hope you find something!

I live in italy, and I've met in person only two asexuals so far...

I must say that I am a very selective person and this doesn't help me.

I'm in America and have never met another ace person. I'm in a pretty small town currently. I think most people tend to find people online but if you join groups or organizations centered around the LGBTQIA+ community I'm sure you'll have better luck finding another ace person.

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi. Welcome!

I'm just letting you know I've moved your thread from the Welcome Lounge to the "Asexual Musings and Rantings" forum.

If it helps, there's a Meetup Mart forum, in case you might find others in your area.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator