Wanting to feel comfortable in my own skin…

I thought I was alone. Maybe even broken or just outright weird. I’ve been called names just because I’m aroace. I never knew there was a term for being this way. I’ve always been reluctant to tell anyone because no one understands that I know personally. I never even knew it’s part of the LGBTQ+ community. I feel blessed to have found this site. Maybe I can now find acceptance, understanding and learn more. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin.

• Like 8

Welcome to AVEN. I hope you have a lovely experience on here. :)

StarryNightAllAlone

Welcome! I'm sorry that you've been treated like you're broken because you're asexual. I'm really glad you found AVEN. I hope this site is a comfort to you.

4 hours ago, DAlice said:

never even knew it’s part of the LGBTQ+ community

Me neither; in fact I was quite shocked to realise it at first but then it made sense.  I’m still struggling with the ‘normal vs different’ thing.

I’m not planning on discussing it with anyone as it doesn’t define me.  The only person it affects is my husband and he can’t change anything.  That’s why I find AVEN such a good place to be.  Everyone understands in some way even if we aren’t all different in the same way.

Hi. Welcome! :cake:

[a pic of a cake decorated as a red and white VW bus camper van. "Soiree Events" is written on the side, in cursive black font, next to the cake--on the round silver surface the cake is on.]

combi-van-cake-1.jpg?fit=1280%2C1280&ssl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/29/2023 at 7:57 AM, DAlice said:

I thought I was alone. Maybe even broken or just outright weird. I’ve been called names just because I’m aroace. I never knew there was a term for being this way. I’ve always been reluctant to tell anyone because no one understands that I know personally. I never even knew it’s part of the LGBTQ+ community. I feel blessed to have found this site. Maybe I can now find acceptance, understanding and learn more. I want to feel comfortable in my own skin.

This is why I'm here as well. I hope to meet friends.