Shows that you liked recently

CaittMarr

Shows currently on TV or streaming shows? 

I don't watch regular TV. My favorite show on Netflix is The Magicians. Best way I can describe it is Harry Potter meets Chronicles Of Narnia meets a Steven King novel

nutterwithasolderingiron

i just started tomo-chan is a girl. pretty neat premise about a tomboy who has a crush on her friend who can't see her as much other than "one of the boys" it's not done yet but it's starting off strong if you like that style of comedy. 

i re-watched undergrads recently, it's kinda one of my comfort shows. i have good memories of watching it when i could as a pre-teen. some aspects haven't aged well but i feel like it's one of those shows where i can say "ok, so i don't like how they did that but i understand it was a different time" which is a skill i feel we need engaging with media from 10+ years ago because standards do change over time. 

people watching is neat. it's this fun wee animated web series that you can watch on youtube. honestly, i think it's the most sympathetically millenials have been written and it's fucking criminal more people haven't watched it. also, jeremy is such a great character. 

• Like 1

the last show i watched was trigun stampede; the new one animated by studio orange but thats it. ive also been watching bungo stray dogs season four lately since it just came out this year

• Like 1

Last show I finished was Mob Psycho 100, it's an anime that I think absoultey everyone should watch. Life-Action wise, I just watched the first episode of Poker Face and it was great!! A lot like a modern Columbo! Columbo is good as well and still holds up quite well, each episode is a movie length but it's kinda low key and slow. It's a nice show to relax to.

• Like 1
Siimo van der fietspad

His Dark Materials has achieved the seemingly impossible: not only not ruining the source material but actually adding to it successfully, almost to the point that it's better than the books. Helps that the author is the executive producer of course.

• Like 3
On 1/27/2023 at 7:14 PM, blunose2772 said:

Shows currently on TV or streaming shows? 

I don't watch regular TV. My favorite show on Netflix is The Magicians. Best way I can describe it is Harry Potter meets Chronicles Of Narnia meets a Steven King novel

Funny enough, I'm currently reading the Magicians. Good book. The description seems accurate to me.

The book and show are almost 2 different stories, weirdly enough

• Like 1
Luftschlosseule

I just watched Lockwood & Co on netflix, based on the book series of the same name and I liked it. It's about teenaged ghost hunters in an alternate history UK.

Also second Good Omens, season 2 is supposed to drop in summer so now would be a great time to watch s1

• Like 2

Hi, it's me again. I found a new show to watch called Mao Mao: Heroes of Pure Heart

This show is overall great and I've been hooked since 2 days ago (sadly it's been canceled so it only has 1 season [40 episodes of 11minutes long])

• Like 1

I stumbled upon Atlantic Crossing on Pick and binged the lot. 

It's about how the Norwegian Royal family fled the Nazi invasion. A lesser known story from the second world war.

• Like 2
On 1/27/2023 at 4:08 PM, CaittMarr said:

Wanting to watch a new series, any recommendation?

What are you in to?

My favorite shows:

Free or on Network TV

Fraser

Nova

That 70's Show

M*A*S*H

Golden Girls

Streaming

Sandman, Wednesday, The Umbrella Academy - Netflix

Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Daredevil, WandaVision, Moon Knight - Disney+

Midsomer Murders - YT (first 20 seasons) or Acorn

Good Omens - Amazon Prime - series 2 coming soon

• Like 1
On 1/27/2023 at 5:08 PM, CaittMarr said:

watch a new series

We are Lady Parts

I don't watch currently running shows very often, but my favorite at the moment is The Last of Us. The video games are my favorites and I'm glad the show is delivering on the quality.

a little annihilation

Everyone knows what I'm gonna say lol

Grey's Anatomy, Grey's Anatomy always.

The Last of Us (HBO Max)

Both the British and American Ghosts (the British one is steaming on HBO Max and the American one is on CBS) 

National Treasure (Disney+)

I'm enjoying The Last of US on HBO.

I LOVED Inside Job on Netflix (RIP)

I'm also sorta watching Cheers (Hulu) for the throwback humor. my coworkers are all a fair bit older then me and quote it all the time, so ive been catching up. Its a bit dated.

every show I like seems to end up getting cancelled. 
the only one so far that hasnt is Superman and Lois. 
though NCIS Hawaii (or rebranded 5-0 as my mam calls it) is decent

I have started watching gravity falls (I know it finished 7 years and 2 days ago) but it made me laugh out loud a few times

• Like 1

I've enjoyed 'better' on bbc1 recently, because it wasn't black and white in its treatment of the subject, and  'Marie Antoinette', which is a European collaboration.

I'm almost a decade late, but I just started watching Blackish on Hulu and I love it!  People are always telling me comedies I should watch and I almost never think their recommendations are funny, but this show is genuinely clever and I laugh out loud at it.  You've probably already seen it, though--I know most people have by now.

I recently finished House of the Dragon and thought it was good. I don't think it's quite early Game of Thrones level of great but it's certainly a fine show and an improvement over GoT's later seasons.

• 2 weeks later...
Spooky Little Kid

Bit late, and not as recent of a show, but I really liked Midnight Mass. Definitely tw for religious stuff and other things, and it's kind of a slow burn, but the plot is good, the characters are solid, and ultimately it's my favourite horror that I've seen in quite a while.

cementTruck25

i finally decided to use my free trial for apple tv to watch Severance and it was super good. i think it lived up to the hype i heard for it and im pretty excited for season 2, whenever it comes out. i think i saw an article that said that they started filming recently? Severance is like, if you took the work/life balance thing to the extreme. the shady mega-company Lumon developed a medical procedure that affects your memories so you can do their work for them, which is secret and important. Your worksona ("Innie") has no memories or knowledge of the outside world and is trapped in the company basement like eternal purgatory, while your regular self ("Outie") just goes to work, enters an elevator, blinks, and then wakes up 8 hours later to exit the elevator and clock out. it's a really interesting dystopia that can balance character and plot development. cuz of spoilers and how the cool but weird and specific plot is, i can't say much more than that basic tv trailer/first episode info dump of the basic premise lol.

i started watching this other show on apple tv called Hello Tomorrow! its a weird and slower slice of life/family drama type show set in the 50's about real estate salesman for a company with a moon colony or something? i'm only on episode 3 or 4 and new episodes come out every friday i think, so it is likely that my free trial will expire before i can watch the end of the season blah. i think the moon colony is fake or a scam or something tbh and even the sales team that are the main characters don't know maybe? theres also the family drama part, the main character guy made a dumb decision and im interested in how it will go and/or blow up in his face lol.

i'm think about finally starting to watch breaking bad on netflix once the apple tv trial period ends.

also, not tv shows, but i saw everything everywhere all at once and puss in boots the last wish last month on the big screen. they were so cool, i'm planning on getting the blu-ray/dvds so i can have them forever lol.