Squish - have you felt this?

binary suns

squishes  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Have you felt these for a platonic or queerplatonic squish/interest?

• Exhileration
    • Euphoria
    • Increased energy when around them
    • Physiological experiences, such as loss of appetite, accelerated breatahing, heart palpitations, etc?
    • feelings such as anxiety over things that imply the friendship isn't what you want it to be
    • Some level of emotional dependancy on the relationship
    • Prioritizing, or wanting to prioritize the person
    • You want to share your life with this person on some level
    • Infatuation
    • Everything about them seems great, or amazing
    • I've never felt any of these for a platonic or queerplatonic interest or squish
    • I don't have squishes
  2. 2. do you sometimes wonder if the squishes you feel are really crushes?

• yes
    • no
  3. 3. What have you mistaken for a crush?

• I haven't
    • infatuation
    • aesthetic attraction
    • specifically, wanting to kiss or hold hands
    • sensual attraction or desires other than #4 above
    • obsession with the person
    • Wanting to spend time with them on an all encompassing level
    • feeling jealous of their other friendships or romantic connections
    • comfort and security with them
    • not understanding that a crush is more than just liking a person and wanting to be with them because they want to be with you - as in, not being fully aware of what you do feel
    • something else

This poll is closed to new votes

Have you felt these feelings for a squish, friend, or (queer) platonic interest?

This is generally geared towards aromantic and aro-spec folk, but I am sure some people who do feel romantic attraction also feel squishes

• Like 1

If I experience pretty much any of these things (especially several of them), for me it's easy indication of a crush.  I don't experience "squishes" or feel the need to refer to my platonic "partnerships" as anything other than friendships.

Sorry if that isn't very helpful.

I've confused aesthetic attraction + loneliness with a crush. It's an easy difference to tell now. 

Also, I think increased energy is definitely a thing. When you vibe with someone, and they're on the same wavelength, you achieve resonance. 

• Like 1

I have mistaken wanting to make weird dirty jokes with a person as a crush.

I have mistaken intellectual connection with a person as a crush.

Anxiety and energy are definitely things I've felt around friends.

I've felt most of those things for a friend, and I'm neither asexual nor aromantic. I've wondered briefly if they were crushes I guess, but not seriously entertained the idea. One of these people was a relative, another someone 30 years older than me and happily married, and in both cases the idea of actually being romantic and sexual with these people is creepy and eww. (Those are two examples, but I've felt that with more than two people.)

I can just get... obsessive... about people I like when what I want with them is emotional closeness. Been that way all my life.

• Like 2

I have mistaken aesthetic attraction, admiration and intellectual connection for a crush.

I have felt anxiety, emotional dependency, and a desire to prioritise/be prioritised with certain friends, though I have never labelled a friendship as a 'squish'.

There are several things on the lists that I have never experienced but if I did I would certainly think I had a crush.

• 1 year later...

@binary suns

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator