Introduction

musicgurl2012

musicgurl2012

Hi everybody!

I'm a 32 year old female living in the northwest 'burbs of Chicago. Before my realization of my demisexuality, I had only two relationships and assumed it was because I was a late bloomer or just incredibly picky. I downloaded TikTok because of Covid in 2020. At first, I thought I was seeing A-spec content because I interacted with other content from LGBTQIA+ creators as an ally. However, the more I watched, the more I realized I related to a lot of what was being shared. It took me awhile to accept I was ace, in general, because I always assumed ace meant no romantic interest as well as sexual interest. I knew I wasn't aro, a romantic partnership has always been important to me and, reviewing my past crushes and relationships, I am absolutely positive of it. Once I realized the difference, I accepted my membership into the community and started doing a deeper dive into educating myself. Its only been in the last week or two that I've accepted that demi is probably the most accurate description of my experience, but as I've found more a-spec creators sharing their stories on social media and through podcasts, I've never felt more seen or understood in my life.

• Like 4

Hi, welcome aboard! Thank you for sharing :) 

Hello. Welcome! :cake:

Thanks, for sharing your journey of discovery.

[a pic of a round cake (on a white cake stand) decorated as piano keys all around the side and topped with chocolate (with a white treble clef in the center, surrounded by musical notes).]

18bbe87f2f52a3876bc5d2dad11514f6.jpg?v=1