Howdy Everyone

My name is Jen. I'll be 57 in April. It's taken me a long time to get on here and introduce myself. I think I've understood all my life that I was different, but of course it didn't start with understanding but rather anxiety, disbelief, and confusion all connected to sex. I could never comprehend why or how I could love someone so deeply but feel little to no sexual attraction. It's isolating and fills me with apprehension at the very thought of entering into any relationship. Learning about asexuality is transformative and I am so relieved, as I read thought these posts that there are so many folks like me.

In life I am an artist and university professor, born in the northeast US, now living in the South.

Thank you for being here!

• Like 4

Hi, Jen.  Plenty of people to share your thoughts with.  Over 50’s forum is good for a general natter about all sorts of things from around the world.  Lots of other forums on all sorts of different topics.  I’m 61, married with 2 children and still live with my husband but obviously it’s not what it appears to an outsider.  It’s helped me a lot to know that I’m not the only one in this situation, unusual though it might be.  Welcome.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Latestarter said:

Hi, Jen.  Plenty of people to share your thoughts with.  Over 50’s forum is good for a general natter about all sorts of things from around the world.  Lots of other forums on all sorts of different topics.  I’m 61, married with 2 children and still live with my husband but obviously it’s not what it appears to an outsider.  It’s helped me a lot to know that I’m not the only one in this situation, unusual though it might be.  Welcome.

Thank you so much for this!

• Like 1

@JAT Hello, Jen. Welcome! :cake:

[a pic of a round cake decorated as a white hen with red wings, a bit of red on its face, and a bit of red on its tail. The cake is on an orange/golden cake stand.]

hen-cake-0405-mla101199_vert.jpg?itok=zj

• Like 1