I wish I didn't have erections. Arousal and erections make me feel uncomfortable.

Tyger Songbird

Does anyone else feel discomfort whenever they have erections? 

I have always felt a great discomfort whenever I experience arousal and gain erections. Even as I'm asexual and don't want to have sex at all, my body somehow still achieves arousal for some reason. It just feels horrible to me. I wish I didn't have erections, honestly.

Does anyone else go through this like me? How do I get over this discomfort?

• Like 1

There are others here who feel the same. I don't. I have some odds with my arousal, but I don't feel uncomfortable usually (except maybe when lying in bed having a boner, that is most times annoying).

9 hours ago, Tyger Songbird said:

How do I get over this discomfort?

Not sure. Maybe if you look rationally at it and get used to it?

Or by trying to do something with your arousal?

Tyger Songbird
1 hour ago, Destranix said:

There are others here who feel the same. I don't. I have some odds with my arousal, but I don't feel uncomfortable usually (except maybe when lying in bed having a boner, that is most times annoying).

Not sure. Maybe if you look rationally at it and get used to it?

Or by trying to do something with your arousal?

I just don't get why I have to have a boner when I am not interested in anything sexual at all.

Your boner doesn't care about your emotions or whether you actually want to bang someone else. It's a purely physiological thing.

Try to think of it as a sign of health, maybe. You're still a relatively young guy and it's just your body doing something at random. Your circulatory system is probably working well, you probably have normal hormone levels, etc.

Tyger Songbird
1 hour ago, Ceebs said:

Your boner doesn't care about your emotions or whether you actually want to bang someone else. It's a purely physiological thing.

Try to think of it as a sign of health, maybe. You're still a relatively young guy and it's just your body doing something at random. Your circulatory system is probably working well, you probably have normal hormone levels, etc.

It still sucks to deal with and hide. It is embarrassing to have happen, especially in public. I had one happen during a public monologue, and everyone saw it. It was so embarrassing. I also had one after having kissed someone, even though the kiss was platonic and friendly. Why did that have to happen? I wish I didn't have to deal with all that.

Yeah, I can understand why that sucks. Unwanted erections happen to many guys from what I gather, sexual and asexual alike. I've heard it happens less as men get older, at least according to my ex (asexual, late 30s) and current partner (heterosexual, early 50s).

Our bodies do things we wish they didn't, and that's life. I've always felt disgusted by my period, but I'm stuck with it till menopause. My body doesn't care how I feel about menstruation.

• Like 1

@Tyger Songbird As Ceebs already said, unwanted erections at daytime get way more rare after puperty. I haven't had one since puperty. Nocturnal erections won't get rare and are a sign of health (did you know, that femals also experience a swelling of their clitoris at night, similiar to penile swelling in male individuals, but that's very unnoticed due to different position and size of the clitoris).

Maybe don't see it as something sexual, cause it isn't for you.

• Like 1
Janus the Fox

Pain with full erections currently. but I'm on HRT for a transition.  Though before this, can be a mix of pain discomfort or mild pleasure or nothing specifically, the longer between relieving it, the worse it is.  I don't have many now but it was a completely hormonal thing before.

When I was younger, I used to get random erections at random times which was a bit confusing for me. I just accepted it as a part of growing up.

As for getting rid of them I have a (possibly dumb) suggestion:

Spoiler

When I wanted to get rid of an unwanted erection I would put my thumb and fighter together and flick myself in the balls.

Yes, It hurt a lot.

But it worked, and after about two minutes it would go away. I don't know how helpful this is to you but I believe you would prefer some physical discomfort over feeling embarrassed every time you got an erection.

• Like 1

It does get annoying at times, but I've learned to deal with it. For me, I think the acceptance of it as a natural thing has made the situation less likely to happen.

Tyger Songbird
On 1/25/2023 at 4:28 AM, Ceebs said:

Yeah, I can understand why that sucks. Unwanted erections happen to many guys from what I gather, sexual and asexual alike. I've heard it happens less as men get older, at least according to my ex (asexual, late 30s) and current partner (heterosexual, early 50s).

Our bodies do things we wish they didn't, and that's life. I've always felt disgusted by my period, but I'm stuck with it till menopause. My body doesn't care how I feel about menstruation.

Yeah, I wish our bodies didn't have to go through all that. 

• Like 2
Tyger Songbird
On 1/25/2023 at 6:27 AM, Destranix said:

@Tyger Songbird 

Maybe don't see it as something sexual, cause it isn't for you.

But how? Especially as almost everybody says erections are a sexual concept.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Tyger Songbird said:

But how? Especially as almost everybody says erections are a sexual concept.

By ignoring what others say and going your own way? (Okay, sure, it's a little more complicate, like others don't want to see your erection. If you are in puberty thoughit's accepted cause normal. And don't forget, that this is about your mental setting, not about your actions. You can see it as something non-sexual even if others do see it as something sexual. You can accept their view without invalidating your own.)

• Like 1