xenogenders

robbie-the-idiot

robbie-the-idiot

hey guys i have a question, so, im doing a project on xenogenders, and i want to know, are there certain xenogenders that are concidered mocking to the community?

• Like 1

its really hard to tell whether a xenogender is intentionally mocking the community or not bc theyre all based on concepts that can be interpreted either way; as actual genders or mockery toward the trans umbrella. it really depends on who youre asking

• Like 1

I'm unqualified to answer but I'd like to refer to the phrase "nothing about us, without us [is for us]." If people outside the LGBTQ+ community make a xenogender (or otherwise), it's almost guaranteed to be a mockery. 

• Like 1
TheMostColorfullBlobs
9 hours ago, Eli1408 said:

hey guys i have a question, so, im doing a project on xenogenders, and i want to know, are there certain xenogenders that are concidered mocking to the community?

Other than dreamgender (the one made to mock us) not that I can think of off the top of my head 

and if someone says they’re xenogender it’s best to take them at their word. And it’s usually pretty easy to tell if an individual is trying to make fun of someone 

• Like 2

I use agender or xenogenders to describe how I feel about gender, mine's fluid so may not be the most stable reference/source/other but to the question of @Eli1408, not the majority. 9/10 xenogenders are simply labels or the like for people trying to explain what's up. @ColorfullBlobs listed one(dreamgender) that could *possibly be a mockery to the community, and there might be a few others but remember: a few things do not dictate an entire thing.

*saying possibly a mockery to the community, because I have not known it as what the majority do, I've interpreted and learned it a different way

• Like 1
robbie-the-idiot
On 1/18/2023 at 11:31 PM, mivoei said:

its really hard to tell whether a xenogender is intentionally mocking the community or not bc theyre all based on concepts that can be interpreted either way; as actual genders or mockery toward the trans umbrella. it really depends on who youre asking

On 1/18/2023 at 11:35 PM, Monke Jimmy said:

I'm unqualified to answer but I'd like to refer to the phrase "nothing about us, without us [is for us]." If people outside the LGBTQ+ community make a xenogender (or otherwise), it's almost guaranteed to be a mockery. 

On 1/19/2023 at 7:40 AM, ColorfullBlobs said:

Other than dreamgender (the one made to mock us) not that I can think of off the top of my head 

and if someone says they’re xenogender it’s best to take them at their word. And it’s usually pretty easy to tell if an individual is trying to make fun of someone 

On 1/19/2023 at 11:03 AM, Leo B. Fall said:

I use agender or xenogenders to describe how I feel about gender, mine's fluid so may not be the most stable reference/source/other but to the question of @Eli1408, not the majority. 9/10 xenogenders are simply labels or the like for people trying to explain what's up. @ColorfullBlobs listed one(dreamgender) that could *possibly be a mockery to the community, and there might be a few others but remember: a few things do not dictate an entire thing.

*saying possibly a mockery to the community, because I have not known it as what the majority do, I've interpreted and learned it a different way

i really appreciate it guys

• Like 3