FAQ clarification.

Legolas

Okies I was going through the faq's and I found some interesting points that well to ME sem liek they contradict each other.

Here goes:

I find people attractive and I get horny but I dislike sex and would never do it, am I asexual?

If you're turned on by other people then you don't fit the definition. Asexuality is about lack of attraction to other people, not about lack of activity.

And then at the time:

The distinction between sexual and asexual people is that, if asexuals think about other people during masturbation (many asexuals don't think about anything specifically sexual) it is only as fantasy. If they actually were given the opportunity to be sexual with that person there would be no attraction, or the drive would be so low as to be completely ignorable.

How can one masturbate without feeling horny?

also

If somebody masturbates about Girl A but would never as u stated have sex with her if he had the chance then where does that put them? and how can one masturbate about a person without having an attraction towards them of some kind?

I do masturbate. I find the very thought of sex repulsive as I have said before. A girl can be pretty but I would never have sex with her or anyone else. It is not somethign I have to actively fight (like fightign hunger when u are hungry and tryign not to eat).

Can anyone clarify these points and perhaps other asexuals here who do masturbate add their take on the above?

Thanks

Alex

If asomebody doesn't quite get what I mean above I can try and clarify :)

VivreEstEsperer

<font size=2.3> I don't think masturbating, for asexuals anyway, is about being "horny" at all. I think it's just because we know that we can derive physical enjoyment from it, so we do it. My knowledge of the exact meaning of the word "horny" is very foggy, however, never really having had experienced it, so maybe you can expand on that.

But say for example you're in a mall and you pass by a chocolate store and you buy some chocolate because you know you will, on some level, enjoy it. Before you passed the chocolate store you weren't actively thinking of eating chocolate, but when the opportunity presented itself you took it because you knew it would be pleasurable. Well, just like masturbation, you don't, I believe, have to be 'horny' or previously thinking a lot about it or whatever the definition of that word is that eludes me- instead, you're alone, perhaps bored or in need of a distraction (I do it sometimes to fall asleep), or in need perhaps of some kind of "physical chocolate," that is, the pleasant physical feelings that accompany the act, but it is in no way sexual. Personally I think the questions in question (ha) are fine, but I welcome the opportunity to explore the issue more with you.

That said, can someone please explain to me the definition of the word "horny?"

Kate

Yes as u said not actively thinkign about it but when the act does happenit does feel good maybe the word horny is the wrogn one to use here.

I use it to fall asleep but also nice release after a bad day.

Ok i just thought of something.

Let's go back to the chocolate.

U are in a mall and u see chocolate store. Now u LOVE chocolate so u are runnign to get it and when u do u love it and it is your fix.

That run part when u are reminded that chocolate exists kinda liek a good meal that u eat so fast cause it's good (heh this may not apply to all cause soem ppl eat meals they liek slower heh ) that is the "horny" i was thinkign of.

But again in no way would I do anything sexual with a person I ever think of when masturbating.

Bah I dunno how to explain it my english is my 2nd lang so not too good plus I killed a few beers (gaming + beer=god) :D

I would still like to hear the imput of others on the matter plz.

Good night all

Alex

VivreEstEsperer

Alex, what is your first language? Is it French (since you live in Canada)? Your english is good for that of a second language.

I had a better analogy in my mind for our current dilemma last night but I forget what it was. I still maintain that it's not sexual tho-at least to me. And I personally don't think of anyone while doing it, never have. But to each their own and may our diversity make the world a better place :)

Kate

Born and raised In Romania until I was almost 13 then came to Canada.

I can read soem French (6 years of torture gah had to take it against my will in school) I read write and speak English and Romanian well.

If u must know and most ppl ask I was from Bucharest (the capital) u say Bucharest but it's actually Bucuresti.

Boo-choo-rehshht

:D

Damn we the only ppl here that masturbate? no other replies :(

Or mebe u the only one that can understand what I was really asking?

Dunno heh just got back from work it's 6:05 am better go :)

Night all

Alex

VivreEstEsperer

LOL Alex, actually, I think it's the name of the topic. Most people in their right mind would never go to a topic entitled FAQ questions because they'd think it was a boring and stuffy topic, no offense to you. But we have just proved you cannot judge a book by its cover! Aha! lol. I went to it cus I click on today's posts and read *everything*, lol, thats how desperate I am for asexual STUFF! *grin*

I took french in school for 4 years and I do enjoy the language but I'm not by any means fluent in it.

Kate

This i will make a new post entitled OMG u gotta read this and link this thread :)

But if u look at the number of views it has been viewed a number of times.

PPL scared to reply :)

Alex

I veiw it when there are new posts. I read very nearly everything that ever gets posted on this board.

However... the topic is not something I have so much to say on. You asked "Damn we the only ppl here that masturbate?" Well, I doubt it, but it's not something I bother with.

VivreEstEsperer

LOL, nemesis, I was reading your post thinking it was legolas's and thinking he was talking to me and you said " you said, Damn we the only ppl here that masturbate?" and I was thinking, no, I didnt say that, you did!

lol..anyway. Someone else *was* reading! woohoo! hehe.

Yeah a lot of posts people read but dont reply, it annoys me sometimes, I just want to know if anyone's read something I've wrote.

Kate

bard of aven

Hi Legolas, and all.

I have read this string several times, so I am responsible for some of those view-no response numbers. Sorry. But here I am in-the-pixels, so to speak.

I want to use a slightly different vocabulary to respond to your original issue. Most humans, I suspect, discover the joys of genital pleasure alone, and only later learn to enjoy it with others. (I have known two peolpe who are asexual to the degree that they have never engaged in this enjoyment even with themselves.) But many of us who feel no attraction to engaging in this activity with others still enjoy it on our own to varying degrees, in varying circumstances, and for various reasons.

I have been at it on my own for more years than I care to think about. (It is the years, and not the activity that give me pause!) Sometimes I entertain images of others, sometimes not. I have come to think of myself as asexual because I have never once in my life been moved to participate in genital pleasuring with another person.

Our traditional cultural and religious constructs all tell us that this drive exists to bring us together and reproduce. For those of us not drawn to that, it can have any number of other purposes. It's relaxing. It relieves tension. Or as you noted, it can help one get to sleep. As to what one thinks about or imagines while self-pleasuring, we think, I suppose, about the things that increase the pleasure. To that extent, the activity also increases our knowledge of ourselves. We discover who we are by doing what we do.

If you are not in any way drawn to seek this form of pleasure with another, it seems to me, an admittedly novice community member, that your asexual identity is secure. Beyond that, think what makes you happy.

VivreEstEsperer

here i am in the pixels - lol, I like that!

by the way, bard, did you know in your profile where it asks for aim, that actualls means the instant messaging program aol instant messager? Or were you taking advantage of the opportunity for a pun? :) I myself am quite fond of puns.

Kate

bard of aven

Well, there goes my reputation for being a geek! Thanks for the tip. I come from the pre-computer age, if you couldn't tell.

Still I would have left it there if the field had been long enough to show the whole text. What I had meant it to say was "To be the bastard love child of Geoffrey Chaucer and Allen Ginsberg."

To live is to hope??? Je parle francais un petit peu, tres mal, a la mode de l'ecole secondaire des Etats Unis.

This could cure you of your love of puns: I spent several years in a monestary, where I was casually known by the brethern as "the deep, fat friar."

Thanks.

boa

VivreEstEsperer

Boa-

A Buddhist woman had to have surgery on her gums but she refused anesthetics so she wouldn't feel the pain. She said she wanted to transcend dental medication!

And -

I once sent a list of ten puns to a group of friends with the hopes that at least one of the ten puns would make them laugh. Unfortunately, no pun in ten did!

Kate

VivreEstEsperer

Et, boa, tres bien avec le francais, c'est la juste traduction, oui. :) J'aime la langue. Kate

Yoo, m'etse french na blofo na mfantse kakra kakra. French papaapa, me m'epe asaw wo abuskaleke! (A sika besa, esu a wo ho, and the rest.)

(Je suis tres desole, mait j'ai doit demonstrer [raison?] les m4|>

|^||=4n753 0//||4g3.

(Kose, been readin' too much megatokyo..)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We are being FRENCHEEEFIED :D

Help HEEEEEEELP

The french are COMING!!!!

Alex

bard of aven

I have heard of speaking in tongues, but AVENguy, that's the first time I ever saw anyone type in tongues. Translation????

Legolas, I seem to have precipitated a wandering from your original question. Is it still a question??

boa

Not enough ppl really replied.

I am thankful for those who did.

But this thread has changed a LOT now original questions are gone and i doubt anyone still cares :(

Alex

VivreEstEsperer

Alex, all is not lost. We now have a place where, after we exhausted discussion of the original question, we can have a little fun ourselves and frenchify each other, lol.

Bard did you like my puns?

AVENguy, lol, did you make that up or is it actually some french african dialect?

Kate

bard of aven

Porcina latina? Bring it on!

Yes, Kate, good puns. Not at all boorish, and gnu to me.

Alex, if there are still things you want to chat about, we are still here/

boa

Ah please, not the l33t speak :o Hehe I get enough of that on Battle.net.

But as for why I didn't post in this thread before now, I read the first two posts and saw it was dealing with things I'm not too fond of myself hehe, so I skipped it.

<mfantse>Ok, I speak french and english and a little mfantse. French is good, but I'd rather be dancing to abuskaleke !(lyrics to popular Ghanaian song "abuskaleke" follow)</mfantse>

<french>I'm sorry, but I had to demonstrate[is that right?] my</french>

<l33t>mad Mfantse ownage</l33t>

<mfantse>sorry</mfantse>

<english>been readin' too much megatokyo</english>

Archived