How bad were your breakouts? Asexys Only, Sorry

CopyFox

How bad were your breakouts? Asexys only, sorry  

1. 1.

• I had really bad acne, red all over.
    • I only had really bad acne on certain spots on my face.
    • My acne wasn't as bad as others, but it was generally pretty bad.
    • I had about normal acne, at least a few break outs at any given time.
    • My breakouts weren't too bad at all, just a few every now and then.
    • Mine were really rare/they lasted for a relatively short amount of time.
    • I didn't have break outs at all/only a few in my whole life.

This poll is closed to new votes

Everyone I have discovered a cure for acne.

You need a dog and peanut butter (you just need the dog if you are allergic)

Spread the peanut butter on the effected areas of your face and let a dog lick it off.

Dog saliva is the cure for it because ever since I got my dog Shadow and her constantly licking me my acne disappeared.

That's...quite the interesting proposal. Get me scientific backing, like what exactly is in the dog saliva that causes acne to retreat, and then maybe I'm try it.

Your terminology isn't too good: 'breakout' implies something transient, whereas folks with serious acne continually have it. I had fairly serious acne as a teenager, but fortunately grew out of it. I'm hypo-S rather than A-S, but voted anyway. I have above average probability of getting a pimple somewhere if I'm feeling 'frisky' (this is a useful early-warning signal for the women on this board - stay away :lol: )

Everyone I have discovered a cure for acne.

You need a dog and peanut butter (you just need the dog if you are allergic)

Spread the peanut butter on the effected areas of your face and let a dog lick it off.

Dog saliva is the cure for it because ever since I got my dog Shadow and her constantly licking me my acne disappeared.

That's...quite the interesting proposal. Get me scientific backing, like what exactly is in the dog saliva that causes acne to retreat, and then maybe I'm try it.

Its a mystery to me it just helps clear it for some reason

Your terminology isn't too good: 'breakout' implies something transient, whereas folks with serious acne continually have it. I had fairly serious acne as a teenager, but fortunately grew out of it. I'm hypo-S rather than A-S, but voted anyway. I have above average probability of getting a pimple somewhere if I'm feeling 'frisky' (this is a useful early-warning signal for the women on this board - stay away :lol: )

Alas, yes, my terminology is lacking. I haven't done any sort of research on proper pustule vocabulary. I just went with what I hoped was easily understood informality.

• 1 month later...

I have a small black head breakout (just on my nose) once a month :rolleyes: I'm also allergic to a lot of chemicals that are typically in makeup and face products, but those are genetic related, not puberty.

Rosacea runs in my mom's family and apprently a major sign for everyone who has it there was really clear skin as a teenager and then it started in their 20s. So, I have a feeling that my real breakouts are going to happen when I'm older. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
nackteziege

If you're wondering hormones, I just got the results of a blood test and my hormone levels are normal. I'm only one person, but there you go.

I voted in the poll a few days back and I don't remember what I voted anymore. I think this:

My acne wasn't as bad as others, but it was generally pretty bad.

The reason I had the blood work done was for my dermatologist, for acne and other things.

I didn't have break outs at all/only a few in my whole life and I'm famous for that hee hee~

I used to get terrible acne not only on my face, but all over my back and chest as well (and other places I'd rather not talk about). Sadly it's genetic, my dad's almost 60 and he still has it. Fortunately I'm female and I can take the pill plus an extra estrogen booster (the pill alone wasn't enough) to clear it up almost completely. I have wondered if the pill contributes to my lack of interest in sex, but if it's a choice between being asexual and the acne, there's no choice. My acne was REALLY bad, and it comes back immediately if I forget the pill for even a few days.

Now I look pretty, but I do wonder...

• 1 year later...

I was debating between rare and never... My 'breakouts' constituted a few pimples that I'd pick and maul at for a while and then they'd go away.

• 2 weeks later...

I only get acne occasionally, and it's usually just a few (three at most) teeny tiny zits on/around my nose or right under my mouth.

CreakyKeegan

I didn't know which one to answer really. I did get breakouts, that were quite severe, but it only lasted the shortest while. I do still get zits from tim to time, mostly due to aggravation from the razor on my face. >.<

My breakouts are bad, but not severe. Worse than most people's, though. I'm always cleaning my face to avoid breakouts, washing about seven times a day. My face is still so oily, though, and even if I don't breakout on my face, my back will explode with marks. It's like my back's trying to make up for my face.

TheMelbourneMethod

Mine were awful. I started getting pimples at 12 and it only started to lessen at about 16. Now they're sporadic, small, and go away quick.

iamnotforever

I'd probably say slightly less than normal- but I'd be glossing over sophomore year, where it was more but not way more, which brings it up to slightly more.

Lady Matilda

I had/have it horribly. On my face, my arms, my chest, my back, my shoulders, everywhere.

I voted: My acne wasn't as bad as others, but it was generally pretty bad.

It kind of fluctuated, but, it was bad in high school (8th-12th grade). I got acne mostly on my forehead and cheeks when I was 13-17 years old. It slowly started to fade away after my teen years.

• 2 weeks later...
silentdreamer

Were? I still have breakouts *wears paper bag over head* It happens the most during the summer. I'm not sure how noticeable it is to others, but I feel awful.

• 3 weeks later...

I have worse acne than almost everyone I know, its not so much a "breakout" as it is an ever-present thing. Though its not as severe as some people's I have seen, it is pretty bad. However, I think this is because it runs in my family (both my mother and older sister had the same situation).

It doesn't bother me because I know its just a natural thing, and that the only reason its worse for me than others is because of genetics. Not about to take steps to try to get rid of it, it'll leave when its ready.

I'm 48 and picked the rarely answer. I have never had any major problems with ACNE. As a teenager I remember being grateful I wasn't suffering like lots of my classmates were. The occasional pimple will still show up if I eat too many sweets but quickly goes away when I reduce my sugar in take.

Now aging is doing some funky things to my skin but its not acne. I got more freckles. I think I'm getting age spots. Wrinkles are starting to show up. I have small scars where a couple moles were removed.

Cathy

• 4 months later...

I'm a bit confused now, as I thought asexuality had nothing to do with hormone levels but with not being sexually attracted to anyone???

I'm a bit confused now, as I thought asexuality had nothing to do with hormone levels but with not being sexually attracted to anyone???

My testosterone levels rise when I'm working out, and I still don't experience sexual attraction.

I get a few pimples on the side of my forehead and a few in the middle of my chest now and than. Nothing significant.

Cupcake_Master

I've never had acne.

Just around one pimple on my head, and that's just dry skin. I've always been pron to rashes, but no acne.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Hot_Air_Balloons

I am aromantic asexual, and my acne was pretty bad at times. I generally had zits all over my face. I STILL have to deal with them and I'm almost 27! They first started appearing when I was 11 and puberty was really starting.

I wouldn't be surprised if asexuality had anything to do with lack of hormones, or an imbalance of them, although I think it's more to do with brain wiring or chemistry.

I am about as asexual as you can get, and my acne showed that definitely hormones were running around causing my skin to always have zits. I wouldn't be surprised if I have an imbalance somewhere.

I had really bad acne that my entire face is still scarred with the remnants, but I guess I am in the minority, if it helps my dad had really bad acne too.

I never really got acne. Very rarely I'd get a pimple or two, usually around the chin or forehead.

I've always had horrible acne, not just on my face, it is like, everywhere. Even now that I'm 18, it hasn't slowed down at all.

Archived