I am asexual and coming out as asexual

Mysteriouseerie2792

Mysteriouseerie2792

I feel relieved that I am actually realising that I am ace and that I am valid which brings peace to my mind and enables me to understand what other people’s intentions are on my journey to a hopefully happy and healthy relationship ( I am heterromantic).

I feel like society or people or whatever tries to invalidate asexuality  whether intentionally or unintentionally which is saddening to be honest and it makes me angry as well because no says if you’re not attracted to a specific gender that you need therapy or medical to be attracted to a gender that you’re not attracted to. For God sake asexuals don’t need medical examination for being asexual it’s just the way they are. 

Also dating is a big issue if you’re asexual the fact that people seem to nonetheless ignore the fact that you’re asexual and assume that you don’t want sex just because you’re asexual is ridiculous. Asexuals aren’t a monolith and they can have sex if they want to it’s just that the sexual interest or attraction is little to non existent which is something out of their control. The total disregard and dismissal of asexuality just make me rage with anger and disappointment with society and humans.

• Like 5
Picklethewickle

Welcome!

I'm sorry that the judgements of the world are bringing you down. Fortunately, that's why AVEN is here: so we can vent about the misunderstanding we face and so we can interact with people who understand.

• Like 1

Hello. Welcome! :cake:

[a pic of a round, blueberry cake (on a white cake stand) with purple frosting all around and topped with blueberry sauce.]

Facetune_06-09-2020-20-25-07.jpg

• Like 1