What are your favourite locations in the Pokemon series?

Captain_Tass

I've been pretty negative towards the pokemon series and the direction it's going in a bunch of threads in the last while, so to balance that out, I thought I'd create this thread so we could express our appreciation towards a particular aspect of the pokemon series, its world! I'm a very long time fan of the series, and as such, I've seen my share of amazing locations! So, I want to give a shoutout to my favourites, from the top of my head and in chronological order.

GEN 4:

(MAIN SERIES)

This is going to be a bit odd, but as a kid, these locations in pokemon Diamond/Pearl really stood out to me!

The first one was the church in Hearthome city. I didn't even realize it was supposed to be a church as a kid, I was just taken aback because you went from the cheery music in Hearthome to absolute silence, and it was so unique! Its atmosphere is perfect too. Not bad for such a tiny building!

The second one is the caves where you encounter the lake guardians! I loved the music there, and would come back to them even after I'd caught the guardians!

I really loved Sandgem town, I love little coastal places like that! And Eterna forest with the old chateau (and the old gateau!) And Canalave city with its legends and its library!

(SPINOFFS)

Ah, Pokemon ranger guardian signs (my beloved!) So many amazing locations in this game! The pokemon pinchers' submarine, the... entirety of Sophian island, the underwater locations, virtually all the ruins... This game is immaculate, really! The world feels so alive!

GEN 5:

(MAIN SERIES)

So many locations I adore in these games!

The relic castle! I love it when I can go full tomb raider in pokemon games!

Skyarrow bridge! It was so unique!

The castelia sewers, I'm weird like that, my location tells you everything you need to know! I love them more because you couldn't explore them in B/W, so B2/W2 were like "Here Zed, here's your sewers you weirdo" and I couldn't be happier! Also they lead you to castelia park where you can catch eevee!

Village bridge! Too beautiful! Showcases how the people can really make a location! One of the best locations in main series pokemon, I think!

I really liked Virbank city and Virbank complex!

The strange house was awesome, I love myself a good haunted house!

Tubeline bridge, hehe trucks!

Undella town! Such a calm location! And the abyssal ruins off its coast, and the marine tube where water pokemon swim next to you! That was like it was made for me!

(SPINOFFS)

The train station in pokepark 2! It was so cool and atmospheric, and I just ADORED how Golurk (Golem! My beloved!) helped you get in the warehouse by... pushing a train through its locked door 😂

Pokepark 2 is SUCH a gem!

GEN 7:

(MAIN SERIES)

PO TOWN WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER! An entire town taken over by team skull? Yes! Also I still sometimes think about that female team skull grunt on the roof...

Honorable mentions:

(GEN 5) The combination of Driftveil drawbridge and Driftveil city! We all know I'm talking about the music! Absolute bangers, these two together! But since I'm talking locations as a whole and not just music, I'm mentioning them here

(GEN 6) The glittering cave would have been the absolute best... if it weren't just a straight line...

• Like 3
Lord Jade Cross
1 hour ago, Life Of Tass said:

GEN 7:

(MAIN SERIES)

PO TOWN WAS THE COOLEST THING EVER! An entire town taken over by team skull? Yes! Also I still sometimes think about that female team skull grunt on the roof...

This was definately a first for me. Something about the location felt inviting despite the fact that at least on surface level, seemed to be a gang hideout.

I found later on that the name PO is supposed to be, or at least based upon a name that is implied to be a prison, with a warden watching over the prisioners, which when you look at the game and the location the chief police officer is at, fit all too perfectly

Now my first and all time favorite location in the games was actually way back in the days of the first Pokemon games, Vermilion City. Something about the song just sang and captured the true feeling of what Pokemon was about, adventure, new experiences, the exciting sensation of the unknown. Something that as a kid, you find all too calling

In later games, it had a more serene sense to it, something along the lines of good memories. And having played pokemon from the very beginning, that is what it fwlt like

Makes me wish I could forget those years just to be able to relive the experience for the first time all over

Other places worth mentioning was The Battle Chateu in X&Y. Something about the concept of royalty battling seemed funny and entertaining to me. I wish the games had made more effort in providing outfits for the player though

• Like 3

I like Gerudo Valley. That's where I found my first Mario, back in Pokemon Checkers and Stripes

• Like 1

I've only played the first 3 generations so I can only judge those. Also I'm looking at them as places I may want to live if I was in the Pokemon world.

In Gen 1 I always looked forward to getting to Fuchsia City mostly for the Safari Zone. I probably wouldn't mind living in Pewter City because it's proximity to Viridian Forest and the natural history museum. I enjoy nature and am a history buff.

Gen 2 I could easily see myself living in Azalea Town. I've always loved nature so living next to the Ilex Forest would be great.

Gen 3 I always loved Lavaridge Town the hot springs and the semi isolation of needing to get there via the Jagged Pass (prior to getting fly of course). Fortree City is ok but I'd be worried about bug Pokemon entering my tree house home uninvited.

But also Meowth is my favorite Pokemon so I'd want to at least visit somewhere close to where they can found in the wild in hopes of catching one for myself.

• Like 2

Gen 5 : the battle subway!! I love the fun design and the intensity of the battles! Also trains are fun.

• Like 2

I love this idea 😍 so many good places...

On 12/4/2022 at 4:49 PM, Life Of Tass said:

And Eterna forest with the old chateau (and the old gateau!) And Canalave city with its legends and its library!

Certainly favourites in Gen 4 for me too ^^

(SPINOFFS)

Ah, Pokemon ranger guardian signs (my beloved!) So many amazing locations in this game! The pokemon pinchers' submarine, the... entirety of Sophian island, the underwater locations, virtually all the ruins... This game is immaculate, really! The world feels so alive!

Pokémon Ranger does have some amazing places 😄

GEN 5:

(MAIN SERIES)

So many locations I adore in these games!

I am very tempted to just say the whole of Unova as my favourite location in the Pokémon games :P

The relic castle! I love it when I can go full tomb raider in pokemon games!

Definitely love that place 😄

The castelia sewers, I'm weird like that, my location tells you everything you need to know! I love them more because you couldn't explore them in B/W, so B2/W2 were like "Here Zed, here's your sewers you weirdo" and I couldn't be happier! Also they lead you to castelia park where you can catch eevee!

Another proud self-proffessed weirdo here 😁

Undella town! Such a calm location! And the abyssal ruins off its coast, and the marine tube where water pokemon swim next to you! That was like it was made for me!

Undella really is a nice place. Not to mention, Cynthia's vacation house! I was so excited and happy to see her there, definitely one of my favourite characters in Pokémon 😌

GEN 7:

(MAIN SERIES)

I know right??

On 12/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, Lord Jade Cross said:

I found later on that the name PO is supposed to be, or at least based upon a name that is implied to be a prison, with a warden watching over the prisioners, which when you look at the game and the location the chief police officer is at, fit all too perfectly

and that is so cool 😮 thank you for sharing!

Honorable mentions:

(GEN 5) The combination of Driftveil drawbridge and Driftveil city! We all know I'm talking about the music! Absolute bangers, these two together! But since I'm talking locations as a whole and not just music, I'm mentioning them here

Yup! I especially like the bridge, the sound there speaks to me so much.

22 hours ago, blunose2772 said:

Gen 2 I could easily see myself living in Azalea Town. I've always loved nature so living next to the Ilex Forest would be great.

That's such a nice point 😌

Let's see what I can add 😄

More Gen 5 love:

Dragonspiral tower! Not least the music there is amazing, but also in general the whole atmosphere, I love myself some good ruins and towers, so a tower in ruins? Yes please!

That said... my favourite tower in Unova probably has to be Celestial tower, since my all-time favourite Pokémon can be found there - well, technically Chandelure can't be found in the wild, but Litwick is plenty nice too ^^ and of course evolves eventually. The bell on top is also such a lovely touch.

And I can't not mention White Forest, nature really is always nice!

Chargestone Cave really has such cool lighting, and the magnetic stones are really fascinating as well.

Gen 2:

Ecruteak City is really nice, I love the colours of the trees there, and do really enjoy the traditional Japanese feel of the place ^^

Gen 4:

Turnback Cave. It was so special just stumbling over the place, having no idea it even existed, back in my first-ever Pokémon game! And then there's this amazing, cool legendary Pokémon just waiting there 😮

Gen 8:

Glimwood Tangle is just so pretty, with the glowing mushrooms, and everything 😌 plus, Hattrem can be found there 💗 (another favourite of mine)

There are probably lots of places I'm forgetting right now 🙈 and I bet I'll find more as I explore gen 9, really only just begun my adventure there 😌

• Like 2

good question. made me realize I don't think much about locations in the games without associating them with the music. still, there's some I like. this will just be a list, I don't really have much of anything to say.

Goldenrod City

Ecruteak City

Dewford Town

Slateport City

Lilycove City

Mossdeep City

Sootopolis City

Floaroma Town

Opelucid City

Black City

and shoutout to pretty much all the foresty locations, I love those

edit because I FORGOT! I forgot!!! shoutout to Pokemon Colosseum and its sequel! I'm especially fond of Phenac City and Pyrite Town.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 3:56 AM, MOONTRIPS said:

edit because I FORGOT! I forgot!!! shoutout to Pokemon Colosseum and its sequel! I'm especially fond of Phenac City and Pyrite Town.

• Like 1
fantastic mx. foxglove

Johto:

Violet City and Ecruteak city have the bests vibes

The route between Blackthorn and (I think) Route 3. I love that there are all these paths you can take down it. I wish there were more routes like that since it's such a nice concept

The mountainous route between Olivine City and the Safari Zone is so much fun to explore

Hoenn:

It's been a very long time since I've played ORAS (even longer since I've touched the originals), but I remember liking that cave with all the water running through it, Fortree City, Mossdeep City, and that crater that was somewhere on a mountain I think (honourable mention to Sootopolis for being cool and having one of the best names)

Sinnoh:

Canalave City because I love the ocean and port towns. The music also plays a huge part in me loving it

Full Moon Island is really pretty, but I wish there was more to do there

Eterna Forest cuz....it's Eterna Forest

The route before Eterna Forest because I love how it has different levels to it, creating a lot of variety in the landscape

Solaceon Town. There's just something about it that I love

Husui:

The forest in the Obsidian Fieldlands and all of the Coronet Highlands (weirdly enough, one of my favourite things about it is its poor weather

Unova:

I love Unova's landscape so much because it's beautiful and so varied and different areas become accessible depending on the season. I wish they did more stuff like it, though there are a lot of newer locations I like. It's hard to narrow it down to a few a say why without repeating myself, so here's just a list: Driftveil, that deserty route with the old house in BW2, Chargestone Cave, the route before Iccirus City, N's Castle, the Battle Subway, the Pokemon League building, Nacarene City, and Castellia Forest

Aaaaaand I should stop now before I get more carried away ^^'

• Like 2
  • 8 months later...

Gen 1 Kanto: The patch of flowers surrounded by fences in Pewter City. I'm not sure why but I feel such a strong connection to it despite there being nothing of interest as far as I can remember. Same with the entrance to Cerulean City coming from Mt. Moon. I wonder why my much younger self saved those impressions in particular.

Gen 4 Sinnoh: The haunted mansion in Eterna Forest, I always wanted to find out what happend to the people there.

Gen 4 Johto: Alph Ruins. I had a lot of fun with the puzzles and catching all the unown. (I never played the OG Gold/Silver/Crystal).

Gen 6 Kalos: Anistar City with the huge crystal clock. It's pretty and its real life equivalent is Strasbourg and I love that city! I also liked the depiction of Versailles, uh, I mean Parfum Palace.

• Like 1
TheTurtleMoves

All of Sinnoh!!! All forest locations, they are just so calm and peaceful. I always loved Florama town, I remember being so amazed by it when i first played platinum. It was just so calm. I wish I could visit it for real! I love the various pokeparks and the beach in the pokemon dungeon game.  Any spot where it just suddenly gets peaceful and quiet. Oh, and also the distortion world!!! I was so amazed by it as a kid. Completly blew my mind. And also the spot where you go way deep underwater!