Favorite Shonen Anime

babybeans

Shonen  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite shonen anime?

• One Piece
    • Bleach
    • Naruto
    • Full Metal Alchemist (2003 or brotherhood)
    • My Hero Academia
    • Demon Slayer
    • Dragon Ball
    • Fairy Tail
    • Hunter X Hunter
    • Other

They're all great!

I think SPY x FAMILY and Chainsaw Man are also good. Do you like anime? 
There are a lot of people on this forum who love anime. It's a pleasure to meet you and I hope to meet you soon.:)

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/210230-what-anime-are-you-watching/page/25/?tab=comments#comment-1064897646

Edited by Another Sky
Added comment and URL.
  • Like 1

Most of them dragged on and on too long for me and I found it hard to stay interested.

I loved Naruto, but that neverending battle at the end just drained the life out of me. Most One Piece arc post-timeskip have been too long and bored me too. DB really could have just finished after Cell.

Demon Slayer so far has been EXCELLENT and hopefully shouldn't drag on for eternity considering the manga is finished. The animation is way better than most shonen shows too and Tanjiro is a really good MC.

MHA is great too. It's got a lot of characters but unlike something like Bleach, they're all pretty distinctive and have very interesting designs.

• Like 2

Dragon Ball Z Kai made me cry. I love the characters but Goku is such a bad father.

• Like 2

I like most of these (Haven't properly seen Hunter x Hunter or Naruto)

• Like 2

To be honest, I can't recall ever becoming all that attached to any of the ridiculously long shounen fighter series you list.  If I had to pick a "favourite" anime derived from a manga that ran in Shounen Jump (like all or almost all of your examples), it would probably be Level E or Hikaru no Go.  Promised Neverland might have displaced them if the anime hadn't fallen apart so badly in the second season.

I seem to have better luck with shoujo or seinen manga.

• Like 2

#1 Black Clover 🖤

Also in my top 5 are HunterXHunter, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Attack on Titan and Naruto.

I’m really liking Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, Promised Neverland and Seven Deadly Sins.

Food Wars is really hard to watch because I’m Ace, but I struggled through and it was actually a really good show. Kinda annoyed at how sexualized everything is.

• Like 1

Yu Yu Hakusho for me. A timeless classic. But then again, I'm old. 

• Like 2

I think I consigned most of those as "too long, not going to watch", although I have seen the original FMA some years ago. I'd say Promised Neverland, I'm sure we all agree it's such a shame they only made the first season ...

• Like 2

Naruto is my favourite. 

Likes: It's a huge nostalgia trip for me. I took and interest in drawing, writing stories and learning Japanese because of Naruto. I like the storylines of the male characters particularly Naruto, Kakashi, Itachi, Rock Lee and Gaara.

Dislikes: Being beat over the head for 15 years with poor development and writing of the female characters. The fact that people think Sasuke x Sakura is the ideal couple.

Bleach comes a close 2nd because that is an anime I have good memories with from my secondary school days. Jujutsu Kaisen and Demon Slayers are also good ones.

• Like 2
Black Tourmaline
On 12/3/2022 at 5:53 PM, Catserole said:

I think I consigned most of those as "too long, not going to watch", although I have seen the original FMA some years ago. I'd say Promised Neverland, I'm sure we all agree it's such a shame they only made the first season ...

there WAS a second season for Neverland but it was irredeemably horrible in every possible way and should be watched by nobody ever. people who watched it should file a class action lawsuit.

• Like 1

Jujutsu kaisen, I got into it last year and while I haven't finished it yet I really like it the chracters are likeable, the humor is good.  And the fight scenes are fun to watch , also not a lot or if any fanservice from what i can tell as for dislikes really can't think of any.

If I had to go with another probably hikaru no go as someone mentioned.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Black Tourmaline said:

there WAS a second season for Neverland but it was irredeemably horrible in every possible way and should be watched by nobody ever. people who watched it should file a class action lawsuit.

I recollect seeing something like that once, but decided it was just a bad dream. 

• Like 2

Promised Neverland S2 exists only in the same dimension as Highlander 2 and other errors of that nature.  Sometimes it's best to write an entire dimension off. ;)

• Like 1