Opinions on Pokemon Scarlet and Violet?

babybeans

I have been a fan for most of my life but I am somewhat hesitant to buy this game. I have every other main series Pokemon game but idk. Thoughts?

• Like 1

I quit after gen 6, I liked that one but couldn't finish 7 so idk

To be honest I haven't played a Pokemon game beyond Gen 3. Not for a lack of wanting to just not willing to buy a new console and DS emulators are slow as molasses. I do like Fuecoco. It's cute and Fuecoco is fun to say.

• Like 1

It's fun. There are a few graphical glitches and some slowdown, but it's not enough to ruin the game.

There are a lot of different Pokemon and different kinds of environments to explore. The story is interesting and there are a lot of really nice character moments (some of them are pretty emotional). The enemy team is one of the best teams in years too.

I think it's a lot better than Sword & Shield.

• Like 3

Some of the new pokemon are cute as hell, the game and its innovations looked extremely promising, but the state it released in (graphically/glitch-wise) is simply unacceptable for a 60$ release in the pokemon series, which is the highest-grossing multimedia franchise in the world, and the day 1 patch barely fixed anything. It definitely needed 6 months to a year more in the oven, and if it had had that bit of extra development time, it would have been one of the objectively best entries in the series.

More of my thoughts on it (at extensive length) here:

It's fun if you either don't get hit hard by, or can overlook, the graphical jank.

If you played Legends Arceus and liked that (I do recommend trying it out), there's a fair chance you'll like this too.  In my case, a lot of the same jank was in Legends too, so playing that kinda prepared me for what this would be like.

• Like 1

The biggest issues for me have to do with the framerate, I really notice it and the dips, and it makes the game much less fun because of that.

If you can get over performance, the open world and quality of life they added to this game is really fun.

fantastic mx. foxglove

I lost interest as I was about to finish all the quests and it was the first time I ever found I didn't like most of the new Pokemon

As others have said, the glitches and bugs are a big problem and unacceptable for a game that size, but if you're able to look past it, you'd probably have a fun time

There are some great new Pokemon, as well as a great variety of other Pokemon you can catch. Some of the locations were pretty neat and great to explore. My personal favourite were these mountains that had these black spikes sticking out of them. The catching/battling wild Pokemon mechanic is really seamless and by far one of the best improvements. The Follow Me feature is great for training up Pokemon quickly, and it's fun to watch your Pokemon run around in the overworld.

If you haven't tried Legends: Arceus yet, I highly recommend it. It's probably one of my favourite Pokemon games ^^

• Like 1
KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty
1 minute ago, sleeplessinvincentcity said:

If you haven't tried Legends: Arceus yet, I highly recommend it. It's probably one of my favourite Pokemon games ^^

Legends Arkoos is one of my favourite Pokemon games, too! 

• Like 1

I don't have a Nintendo Switch so I can't play it lol 

From what I've heard/seen, it has a lot of glitches but other than that it seems like it would be really fun 

(Spoilering my personal opinions because I'm mentioning specific pokemon and there might be people that wanna stay spoiler free till they play the game)

Spoiler

I personally wouldn't know which version to get because I really love Miraidon and Ceruledge but I also think that the past forms are way better than the future forms

I love some of the designs of the new pokemon but I also really dislike some of them (they could have done SO MUCH BETTER for a Dunsparce evolution) (Don't even mention Tandemaus/Maushold around me)

As a longtime fan of the series (mostly mainline), who admittedly has not picked up the game yet, my chief concern is that I’m pretty sure they haven’t brought back the pinnacle of Pokémon design.

Spoiler

1200px-737Charjabug.png

• Like 4

Personally, I absolutely love the game so far, all aspects ^^ I haven't noticed any glitches or anything, though, that probably says more about me than the game xD haven't come very far, I'm just so immersed in the story, characters, etc x3 sooo much to see and do 😄

• Like 1

I've gotten super attached to the new game!! I love all the new characters (especially arven). I haven't played a pokemon game in a while and I was very pleased that I picked it up and enjoyed it so easily :D

I want to learn the theme for the school on the piano, but so far there is no sheet music available. I'll learn it when I find some, though!

• Like 2