Is there a term for this?

Heya! So I'm very confused by my sexuality lmao, I know I'm on the ace spectrum but I don't really know where

lately I've realized that it kinda feels like I'm never sexually attracted to anyone, but the way I feel about sex (sex-repulsed, sex-positive, etc) is fluid. I was wondering if there was a label for this?

/genq

• Like 2

That sounds like it might be aceflux. Aceflux is a sexuality that fluctuates between the ace spectrum between asexual and sexual. I'd recommend doing some research on aceflux. Hope this was helpful!😇

7 hours ago, TormentDubz said:

Ambivalent

oh ok, good to know! /gen

5 hours ago, SilverStorm said:

That sounds like it might be aceflux. Aceflux is a sexuality that fluctuates between the ace spectrum between asexual and sexual. I'd recommend doing some research on aceflux. Hope this was helpful!😇

I considered aceflux as I already knew what that meant but I feel like what I'm experiencing is a little different- it's kinda hard to explain lmao /gen /srs /nm

The French Unicorn

If I understand, you are sure you are asexual, but what change is if you are repulsed, indifferent or favorable to have sex ? Then I don't know if there is a term for it. But you are not forced to label it anyway : personally I don't because I don't think I fit in these categories and don't think they are useful for me.

12 hours ago, Mira13 said:

sex-positive

I think you leab  sex-favorable, not sex-positive (I don't know why a lot of people confuse the term, but don't when it is sex-repulsed vs sex-negative). Sex-favorable is being opened to have sex for whatever reason. Sex-positive is your view about sex in general, for instance do you think people should be allowed to do as much sex as they want or that it has a negative impact on society, things like that.

For instance I don't want to have sex but I am still sex-positive.

5 hours ago, Frenchace said:

If I understand, you are sure you are asexual, but what change is if you are repulsed, indifferent or favorable to have sex ? Then I don't know if there is a term for it. But you are not forced to label it anyway : personally I don't because I don't think I fit in these categories and don't think they are useful for me.

I think you leab  sex-favorable, not sex-positive (I don't know why a lot of people confuse the term, but don't when it is sex-repulsed vs sex-negative). Sex-favorable is being opened to have sex for whatever reason. Sex-positive is your view about sex in general, for instance do you think people should be allowed to do as much sex as they want or that it has a negative impact on society, things like that.

For instance I don't want to have sex but I am still sex-positive.

ohhhh okay I get what you're saying, and yeah I meant sex-favorable lmao, I get stuff like that easily confused :'D