Spotify Wrapped 2022

Snao Cone

J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

I didn't get the genre showcase☹️ or the mood either.

I didn't get the genre either, but I would love to.

I'm still baffled by rock as my top genre result, especially that out of my top 5 artists three are rappers and the other two are metal bands :lol:

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

As @Snaolent Night said, so it is :) I don't get statistics, but I do have a playlist of 101 songs (although no. 101 is a blank spot :D EDIT: I can see spot 101 now.) I wanted to share it, but it looks like the aforementioned bug is also present in this instance.

I can't sort it by artist, it seems, but, predictably, it's mostly on the melodic side of metal.

You can copy the playlist in to a new one and share that one. That worked for me.

• Like 3

Oh, yeah, here's my genres!

52696bea-1.png

I had 7 genres this year and couldn't be more disappointed in myself. Like, how? Well, at least I did my proper genre exploration. In November.

• Like 6
J. van Deijck

I think I have to watch mine again so I can find this genre thing :ph34r:

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

You can copy the playlist in to a new one and share that one. That worked for me.

How do I copy a playlist?

• Like 3
J. van Deijck

Okay I found it :P

f14db4af31d854d506f1e9153d63429de3873b23

I'm still baffled :lol: my top artists are rappers, so how come I have such a result :lol:

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

How do I copy a playlist?

Spoiler

Start with clicking/tapping on the menu button

20221201-185353.jpg

Then on this one

20221201-185240.jpg

And then make a new playlist and share that one instead

20221201-185332.jpg

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Baasje said:

Okay I found it :P

f14db4af31d854d506f1e9153d63429de3873b23

I'm still baffled :lol: my top artists are rappers, so how come I have such a result :lol:

I still don't get that one.

• Like 2

Yes! This was my first year using Spotify, so it's my first Wrapped...I was super excited. :D Naturally, majority kpop... :P 

017e649f-7.png781076f3-a.png

4272f823-3.png83ea39fd-e.png

• Like 6

Here is my playlist if anyone would like kpop + Chanmina and maybe 1 indie song. :P 

• Like 6
56 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

I had 7 genres this year and couldn't be more disappointed in myself. Like, how? Well, at least I did my proper genre exploration. In November.

Who's your Canadian indie folk artist(s)?

• Like 2

@Kimmie. Thanks but I don't get it, even after changing my interface language :)

Anyway, I managed to sort my list by artist, so here's the breakdown of the most represented bands, if anyone's interested:

Arch Enemy 8 songs

Utmarken 7

Epica 7

Sabaton 5

Beyond the Black 4

Garmarna 4

Therion 4

Eluveitie 4

Feuerschwanz 3

Indica 3

Theatre of Tragedy 3

Dire Straits 2

Iron Maiden 2

Moonlight Haze 2

Nightwish 2

Powerwolf 2

Saltatio Mortis 2

Temperance 2

Xandria 2

Overall: 48 artists 

It's definitely more varied than my 2020 list where ArchEnemy alone got 28 slots 😮 

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

Thanks but I don't get it, even after changing my interface language :)

Anyway, I managed to sort my list by artist, so here's the breakdown of the most represented bands, if anyone's interested:

The icons didn't help? 

But still great artist list.

• Like 2

Oh man, this makes me wish I used Spotify. I roughly know what I've listened to most over the past year, though. I'm betting new wave would be my top genre, or a general rock label if they don't specify new wave.

To my delight Kimmie was correct  and I figured out how to view my stats. 

Unfortunately it's one of the least accessible things I've ever encountered, but I found a way around it. I had to download every image and then use an app on my phone to hear the text from each one. It took like an hour but it was fun to learn my stats so whatever.

I’m just gonna link to the tweet I made about it because I’m too lazy to figure out how to use one of those image-hosting sites.

Now for my favourite stats:

I listened to 14,526 minutes of music this year holy shit. Not surprisingly at all, my top artist was Mafumafu (I’m in the top 1% of his listeners fuck yeah), and I listened to his music for 1054 minutes this year. My top genres are independent music, Japanese rock, soundtracks (?) and folk. 
59% of what I listened to is comprised of “deep cuts”, and 76% of it is high-energy. 
Now if only they could make it screen-reader accessible and it would be perfect.

• Like 3
OptimisticPessimist

@Eutierria Yes! They are usually in my wrapped. 

No surprises what my top genre is. BTS have been number 1 on my wrapped for the past 6 years. 

fkHxOgc.jpg

jK585cF.jpg

ZA96smH.jpg

dgqKQyk.jpg

ugHfANP.jpg

vqZ3LrT.jpg

LhP0u7Z.jpg

ncRL032.jpg

xR7Q0Cb.jpg

O723C9F.jpg

Did anyone else get artist messeges?  These are mine. 

Rdy8RHi.jpg

cV7vBbq.jpg

Pcnjtif.jpg

@Artemis42 Where do you find how many minutes and genres etc? I only found top songs, artists, playlists and 22 recap most played playlist.

• Like 5

Stupid question: if I have the Wrapped saved on my phone, how do I upload the pics in this thread?

• Like 2

The only way I can get a message from any of my favorite performers is to buy one on Cameo. Even then I had a few let the request expire. Luckily I don't get charged until the video is delivered

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, bare_trees said:

Stupid question: if I have the Wrapped saved on my phone, how do I upload the pics in this thread?

I had to use the share button to send the picture of my top 5 to Facebook then save it to my hard drive upload the picture to photobucket and link from their. Hopefully someone else has a less convoluted way

• Like 2
OptimisticPessimist

@bare_trees I screenshotted and then uploaded to imgur to share. There's no way on the forums currently to upload directly from a phone or computer. 

My playlist won't post, it keeps coming up as some random person's. 

• Like 4

As far as I know I have no way of getting stats for my music-listening, as I either listen to the radio (when I'm in my car), or to playlists of music (mostly ripped from CDs I own) that has been loaded onto my laptop or phone and not listened through Spotify or YouTube or anything (although sometimes I listen/watch on YouTube itself, not YouTube Music).

• Like 3
6 hours ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

My playlist won't post, it keeps coming up as some random person's. 

You need to select all of the songs in your Top playlist, and then add them to a new playlist. You can title it whatever, or just title it Top 2022 Songs or something. : ) Then you share THAT playlist. Otherwise it will just share the default 2022 playlist of most popular songs.

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, kelico said:

You need to select all of the songs in your Top playlist, and then add them to a new playlist. You can title it whatever, or just title it Top 2022 Songs or something. : ) Then you share THAT playlist. Otherwise it will just share the default 2022 playlist of most popular songs.

Made a photo tutorial yesterday evening 

10 hours ago, Kimmie. said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Start with clicking/tapping on the menu button

20221201-185353.jpg

Then on this one

20221201-185240.jpg

And then make a new playlist and share that one instead

20221201-185332.jpg

• Like 2

But it is interesting to see how much the random playlist change. Saw one in this thread yesterday that first was basically only hallelujah music with bible quotes as artist. And later being mostly swedish popmusic.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, kelico said:

Oh!! Sorry I didn't see that, Kimmie! Thanks for linking. : )

No problem the more people that says it the better. And not everyone knows Swedish anyway.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Kimmie. said:

But it is interesting to see how much the random playlist change. Saw one in this thread yesterday that first was basically only hallelujah music with bible quotes as artist. And later being mostly swedish popmusic.

How odd! Whenever I tried posting it, it was just the top songs in the US it seemed lol. But I could've been wrong. :P 

1 minute ago, Kimmie. said:

No problem the more people that says it the better. And not everyone knows Swedish anyway.

True, true! And yes, not everyone knows swedish, but the pictures still help!! : )

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
10 hours ago, bare_trees said:

I was taking screenshots, but probably there's a smarter way to do it :D

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
3 hours ago, kelico said:

YAY! Thank you for that, I'm going to see later on if it works ❤️

• Like 3