Spotify Wrapped 2022

Snao Cone

Who wants to share their Spotify Wrapped results for this year? I generally don't share things about my music tastes, so I don't want to post mine, but I am curious what other people's results are to see if there is any overlap.

• Like 8

It looks like this year wrapped is only available in the mobile app? No sharing from me then, because I don't have a smartphone 🙄

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

It looks like this year wrapped is only available in the mobile app? No sharing from me then, because I don't have a smartphone 🙄

It's got in on the app on my PC, as I don't use my phone.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

oh damn. I guess the songs themselves would be in your playlist, but the slides showing other statistics won't be there.

• Like 2

Mine won't mean anything, it'll have really random shit on it that has absolutely nothing to do with my overall listening habits and very little to do with my music taste. I listen primarily to music from my purchased collection, and for streaming I use Tidal and occasionally Apple Music. I still have Spotify, but use it mostly for podcasts that are exclusive to Spotify and sometimes to look for random one-off stuff if I can't find it on the other streaming platforms. Or if someone else sends me a link to something that's in Spotify. Oh and stand-up comedy. But I listen to literally none of anything in terms of music that means anything to me on there.

(Which sort of annoys me cos I want all the nerdy stats. ☹️)

• Like 3

My wrapped was... well...

e5df2f5c-3.png

Total crap. Not in the quality of its content, but in the variety, or rather, total lack thereof. 4 of my 5 top songs were by one album of one band, which is totally my fault because that's what I had on loop during the summer, but come on, 2021 wrapped was at least more varied, and it's not as if I wasn't listening to anything else during 2022. At least my top 2022 songs playlist is more varied...

• Like 7

I'm surprised other music streaming services haven't jumped onto this yet.

• Like 3

I enjoy wrapped, its fun to share. some of my friends and I will usually share the top 100 playlist with each other.

anyway here is mine

Screenshot_20221130-131334.png

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, Snaolent Night said:

Key word YET

• Like 2

So far my minutes listened is...well above everyone else here. 😬 

Spoiler

753462f58b8be485.jpg

• Like 7

you need IOS 14 (on apple) to access spotify wrapped, and although I have the app, my phone's too old to use ios 14, so I didn't get to see mine :(

but I can show you my top ten listened-to songs this year !

Screenshot-1.png

as you can see, the majority are tally hall songs. it's kinda funny because I haven't listened to them in a long time. really shows how obsessed I was back in around march - june. but I mean, I was fully aware of it at the time. I was literally listening to nothing but tally hall- Spring and a Storm being my favourite song of all time, even now!

honestly I'm surprised Devil Town was so high up? I didn't think I listened to it a significant amount of times. but oh yeah, This December and Still were songs I got hooked onto for quite a while each.

• Like 5

Unrelated but can y'all imagine if youtube had a wrapped? Man it would have been a very embarassing mirror to have held up to my face! "Zed, this year you "watched" like 345 days worth of content you had absolutely no prior interest in because it was in 7-hour-long video essay/retrospective format and walked away with no information retained because you can't stay alone with your thoughts even for a second"

(Would have been interesting though!)

• Like 7
10 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Life Of Tass Youtube do have a music recap on the youtube music app.

I did not know YouTube had a music app. Not surprised. Shows how much I pay attention.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

@Life Of Tass Youtube do have a music recap on the youtube music app.

Oh, I meant on the base youtube app, but I had no idea about the music recap! I just decided at some point that I would listen to all my music (that I listen to online) on either base youtube or spotify, so I just aggressively ignore all of base youtube's pleas for me to get youtube music 😂

• Like 2

Didn't realise how much I listened to these...huh... interesting insight 

Screenshot-20221130-224900-2.png

• Like 7

@Eutierria TSAMINA MINA EH EH WAKA WAKA EH EH TSAMINA MINA ZANGALEWA THIS TIME FOR AFRICA

(Apologies, earworm 😂)

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

Not surprised who's number 1. 

0jpI78q.jpg

Paramore!!! 🤩🥳

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Snaolent Night said:

Tidal does something I believe, but it's not available yet for this year. Although it would be significantly more representative of what I listen to than whatever Spotify Wrapped says, it still wouldn't be super accurate. I'd make an educated guess that about 85% of what I listen to is stuff I've purchased, and therefore not from a streaming service. If possible, if it's something I really like a lot, I prefer to buy it and actually own the files. I'm just... stuck in That Is How I Do It™ lol, and I almost feel like I don't totally trust streaming services somehow, like maybe the music could disappear at any moment. (I'm not sure that's logical. I just really don't like changing my ways. 😂) Plus I find the sound quality of purchased files to be better.

Anyway, the best I could come up with in terms of stats from my music library is, I believe, a list of my most-played songs. It wouldn't sort by artist or genre or tell me how many minutes I'd listened. Also it wouldn't be for the year, it's for the entire time I've used iTunes, which is about 13-14 years.

• Like 2

For Podcasts I have

Jon Solo's Messed Up Origins (he talks about the origins of nursery rhymes, Greek Mythology, and Norse mythology)

Zetus Lepetus (3 Disney vloggers are looking back at Disney Channel Original Movies in chronological order and have a running gag where Molly ties each one to the movie Armageddon 6 Degrees Of Kevin Bacon style)

Favorite Cheese (Comdian Lee Newton and her husband Andrew Delmhan talk about random stuff for 45 minutes and make cheese based puns)

Popcorn Culture (J and Ben Carlin talk about random stuff related to the Super Carlin channel and usually throw in a fact about Abe Lincoln)

Window To The Magic (Paul Barrie and/or his son Calvin go to Disneyland and/or Disney California Adventure and record the audio on the attraction or at shows)

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

@Eutierria TSAMINA MINA EH EH WAKA WAKA EH EH TSAMINA MINA ZANGALEWA THIS TIME FOR AFRICA

(Apologies, earworm 😂)

🥳😍🧠

• Like 2

For podcasts I have a Greek one I kind of listen to (significantly soured to it because of how ridiculously poorly it tackled a very serious issue), and I used to be totally unable to listen to English podcasts until my boredom became significantly stronger than my perpetual brainfog, and now I listen to Cults and Was I in a Cult (I like the style of the second one a bit more, but I like the variety of and how the and and promos are cut from the first one). No, I was never in a cult, they just fascinate me.

Btw, if anyone has any recommendations on any interesting documentary-style podcasts, please throw them my way! Seems to me that every second podcast tagged "documentary" is true crime, and that's really not my cup of tea.

• Like 1

So far nobody's top artists match any of mine, and I'm pretty sure one of my top artists is one of the most listened-to bands of all time. (Maybe not on Spotify, though.)

• Like 2

Here's another glimpse into the tracks and artists I've been into for the last 6 months of 2022, just to make up for how lame my wrapped was

top-tracks-medium-term.png

top-artists-medium-term-1.png

Also, spotify username reveal :ph34r:

• Like 6
52 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

Also, spotify username reveal :ph34r:

:ph34r:

• Like 1