What musicals should be next on my watch list

TheMostColorfullBlobs

TheMostColorfullBlobs

I recently watched heathers for the first time, and it’s helped me get the modevation to watch more musicals, something that’s been on my list for a while 

so what should I watch next?

I know a few musical fanatics. Now, I haven't yet watched this myself (forgot about it until just now) but supposedly Shrek The Musical is really good. They went on and on and on about it. So that might be worthwhile. Although I recall them saying it's difficult to find streaming for. I'm failing to think of any others despite the numerous musicals I've heard rave reviews from them about :lol:

• Like 1

Anything from Team Starkids on YouTube! They're awesome and let people watch their stuff for FREE!

Ex: Oregon Trail, The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals, Black Friday, Twisted, A Very Potter Musical ( and it's 2 sequels), etc

• Like 3

Jesus Christ Superstar. (You most definitely do not have to be Christian to enjoy it. I imagine some very conservative Christians probably don't approve of it lol.)

• Like 2
On 11/29/2022 at 9:54 PM, ColorfullBlobs said:

I recently watched heathers for the first time, and it’s helped me get the modevation to watch more musicals, something that’s been on my list for a while 

so what should I watch next?

1. Finian's Rainbow

2. The Pajama Game

3. Singing in the Rain

4. Rodgers and Hammerstein: Cinderella

5. South Pacific

6. Fiddler on the Roof

7. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

On 11/30/2022 at 3:01 PM, Ceebs said:

Jesus Christ Superstar. (You most definitely do not have to be Christian to enjoy it. I imagine some very conservative Christians probably don't approve of it lol.)

I love JCS. I grew up on the Dutch Bible Belt (as one of the few non-religious people there), and interestingly it was both religious and non-religious people watching it, but for completely different reasons. My Christian classmates watched it, because.. Jesus (with them seeing JC as the main character), while my family viewed it as a complaint against the dangers of mob mentality, and sympathising with Judas 😂 (while enjoying the amazing music, obviously) 

imnotafreakofnature!

When it comes to musicals, Phantom of the Opera is a must-see in my opinion. So are Fiddler on the Roof, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Grease. I just watched one on YouTube earlier today that I'd never heard of before and LOVED it: The Clockmaker's Daughter.

Top Hat with Fred Astaire

Swing Time

Bohemian Rhapsody was a delightful surprise

Moana

Hairspray - went with a friend recently to see the traveling show. I enjoyed myself.

Xanadu - dated and hoaky as all get out, but some of the songs are still a lot of fun

The Muppet Movie (original)

Muppet Treasure Island

Sing 1 & 2

Amadeus

La Bamba

Seasonal Fare (if you're interested that is):

Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

The Muppet Christmas Carol

TheMostColorfullBlobs
On 12/6/2022 at 4:30 AM, Luftschlosseule said:

Little Shop of Horrors and Sweeney Todd.

I love little shop of horrors!!