Favorite Tea and accompaniment

babybeans

I love plain green tea and a Biscoff cookie to drip in it. Yummy and warms me up.

Sometimes I have raspberries with it instead. (I don't dip those in the tea though!)

• Like 4

i'm open to basically any tea tbh (not black tea tho, i might try it one day maybe)

i like the fruit ones especially the ones with the lemony sour taste

im not a fan of combining food with other food (eg. i eat vegetables in a salad separately and not together) but i usually eat cake with tea, though sometimes i forget to eat the cake and drink tea at the same time so i end up eating all of one thing and drinking the other by default

• Like 2

Ooh, I love tea. I have a few favourites.

• Yorkshire Tea is the one I get regularly, as whilst expensive it is tasty, and often is on offer when I get it.
  • English Breakfast tea is equally tasty, but doesn't come in larger sized packs, so less economically viable for me to purchase, so just have on rare occasions.
  • Chai latte is absolutely delicious, but again quite expensive so I don't get too often. Probably is my overall favourite though.

I generally drink all with milk (black tea isn't particularly nice) and generally unsweetened. Sometimes I will put honey in the Yorkshire or English Breakfast tea.

As for accompaniment, I used to have either fruit cake or a selection of biscuits, but I haven't done that for a long time. But I am thinking I should just say screw it and start enjoying them again, after all you only live once :) 

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

I only like Earl Grey tea, if ever. These years I haven't been drinking tea at all, and I've just realised it.

31 minutes ago, babybeans said:

Biscoff cookie

Belgian? :lol:

• Like 6

I'm partial to a cup of tea now and then. My favourite is green tea. Extra refreshing! I like fruit tea too. I think my taste has changed as I used to take tea with milk (breakfast tea at least) but i can only drink it black now. I've never done sugar though. I don't generally take it with an accompaniment but Lotus biscuits go well with anything.

• Like 2
everywhere and nowhere

I don't have a favourite tea, I first of all love trying out as many flavours as possible. I'm absolutely a teamaniac anyway. I hate coffee, but I'm crazy about tea. A few examples of my teamania:

1. I never drink the same tea more than once daily.
  2. My personal best is twenty different teas in one day.
  3. And combinations... this is a story by itself.

I love looking for the best tea to accompany a particular dish or dessert, or the other way around. The last thing I ate was very simple: vanilla ice cream + vanilla rooibos. Some other combinations: today morning I ate cinnamon-flavoured cereal with milk, and a very nice cinnamon green and white tea with that (ingredients: four different green and white teas, coconut pieces, orange peel, chamomile flowers, cloves, cinnamon). When I have sandwiches with (usually homemade) lentil and carrot spread for breakfast, I brew black tea with ginger and turmeric (and afterwards its green counterpart). Homemade soy and dill spread goes best with ordinary Earl Grey, or some good-quality unflavoured black tea (I might recommend Assam Mokalbari and Ruanda Rukeri). When I have a curry for dinner, I brew some Indian-style spicy herbal tea with ginger. An example of combining tea with food the other way around? I had some rooibos with a delicate orange and white chocolate flavour (a little disappointing, I had much better orange-chocolate tea) and I was wondering what could go best with it. When I found orange-flavoured linguine pasta at a discount, I decided to make it in a sweet sauce: I cooked the pasta itself without salt and I made sauce our of cream and white chocolate.

Then I started combining tea with things other than food. For example, when I discovered that "Secret of Monkey Island" (a classic game) has an EGA version (16 colours), I drank "Caribbean Sencha" with it, because the game takes place in the Caribbean. When playing "The Rewinder", an interesting game with pixel graphics inspired by traditional Chinese painting, I made some herbal-fruit tea with bamboo. Here's a scene from Bamboo Brook Village in the game:

1093263-the-rewinder-windows-screenshot-

And the weirdest example. Last year, when taking LSD, since the blotter had an image of a strawberry on it - I made myself some lemon balm and strawberry tea and calmly drank it yet before the trip started...

• Like 2

I simultaneously love and hate earl grey tea.

• Like 3
Picklethewickle

My favourites are:

Spice Dragon Red Chai (it's cinnamon, rooibos, ginger root, and clove)

and Earl Grey double bergamot.

I drink lots of other teas, but I sort of grab them at random as they appear on the store shelves. I will drink tea accompanying everything, with meals, after meals, during snacks, or by itself. I mostly drink herbal teas, because while I like green tea, for some reason it doesn't agree with me. Green tea makes me tired, unless I'm already tired, in which case it makes me unaccountably angry. Because of this I only drink green tea when I'm by myself, so no one has to deal with my moods. You'll have to picture me sitting alone at the table, quietly sipping tea in a rage.

• Like 2

Bobaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Like 1

Mostly different varieties of black tea or chamomile "tea". Some of my favorite teas are a cinnamon spice black tea and a couple of different teas that have bergamot and other flavorings.

I like cookies, pastries, toast, with it.

Or breakfast tea with a nice English breakfast (or similar, such as a good Scottish breakfast), especially when traveling and it is provided with accommodations.

• Like 1

I really enjoy Earl grey, specifically a blend from a specialty store called cream of Earl grey. It is wonderful. 

Favourite accompaniment though would prob be a sweet cookie. 

Like peppermint tea with a ginger snap is divine. 

• Like 1

Not to sound plain, but I like Earl Grey with some half and half and a plain or everything bagel with cream cheese.

Also, there's a tea shop here that sells Thai green milk tea and you can get the sea salt foam on top (LOVE that) and this Ube cheesecake that is divine.

• Like 2

I love all kinds of herbal teas - especially cold-brewed lavender, or hot chamomile; I also like white and green teas, with a squeeze of lemon/citrus juice (to actually enhance the antioxidant absorption from the tea itself); matcha is really nice, too (and of course is also nice to have in food); and rooibos is cool as well ^^ I really don't like black, though xD for flavouring, I can really do anything from dried fruit(peel, or just pieces of fruit), elderflower (also by its own honestly), other herbs (lemon thyme, lemonbalm...), various spices (cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, turmeric, black pepper, cardamom...), or, for that matter, plain... anything really ☺️ Bergamot is also really lovely (like, Earl Green), and vanilla + rooibos is a super nice combination. I don't really like to have food and drink at the same time, honestly, so can't really answer the second question ^^

• Like 1
Blueberry Pie

I enjoy black teas (any type--English breakfast, chai, Earl Grey, etc.) and green teas (any type--with jasmine, matcha, etc.). Herbal teas are alright, but I am not as fond of them. Rooibos can be good, but the really fruity ones can get on my nerves, haha! I don't put anything in my green tea, and I just put a small amount of milk or cream in my black tea.

I'll have tea with any meal, but if I am specifically having a snack time, then maybe I'll dip a Belvita biscuit into my black tea. Particularly the type of Belvita that is the chocolate creme sandwich.

I once tried a taro boba and milk boba, both from different places, and both were far too sweet. I had a green tea boba at yet another place, and that was pretty good. I think because the bitterness of the green tea helped balance things out.

Tea lattes can be too sweet for me a lot of the time.

• Like 2

I've tried different kinds of tea with many different additions and I still like trying new ones. My favourites for now are:

• earl grey with mango
  • black tea with orange peel and spices
  • black tea with rose petals
  • white/green tea with jasmine
  • green tea with mint

I also sometimes drink plain tea, for me Sir William's is the best.

The only type of tea I really don't like is the red tea.

• Like 1
imnotafreakofnature!

My very favorite tea is Masala chai (favorite brand, Wissotzky). I drink it pretty regularly with a little milk (the only tea I add milk to) and sweetened with stevia (the only sweetener I use in tea). I also like white and green teas, as well as hibiscus, strawberry, lemon, chamomile, pomegranate and ginger. My favorite black tea is Prince of Wales, but it's extremely rare to find it in a restaurant, so I've learned to get by with regular black tea (although it's not my favorite). Twinings has (or at least had) a winter blend made with chamomile and something else that I can't remember at the moment. I really liked it, but it's been a few years since I bought it so I don't know if they still make it. Celestial Seasonings has a maple ginger that I like, but I can't drink much of it because something in it doesn't agree with me.

I'm always looking for new teas. Most of the time, even if I'm not crazy about a new one, I usually don't hate it and can finish it, or at least find someone else to give it to. Sometimes, though, I end up with some real bombs that I can't even give away because nobody else wants them either. Russian tea is an example. I HATE that stuff! It tastes like pine trees.

Back when I still ate bread, my favorite side was a buttered bagel or slice of buttered toast (and sometimes with strawberry jam too). Now that I'm trying to get away from bread, I usually just drink my tea.

• Like 1

Today at the grocery store I bought a couple of new to me teas to try. Nothing fancy, just some cold-brew lemon tea and some hot-brew French vanilla tea. Both black teas.

• Like 3
WhereTheSkiesEnd

I like smoky teas, my favorite being Lapsang Souchong. I can't stand fruit teas. I like a nice cup of green tea with meals.