biromantic with preference ?

hello everyone ! 

i'm 15 and i am asexual, i identify myself as ace since 1/2year but it's very hard for me to figure out my romantic attraction. 

i identify as a men and i really see myself dating a boy, but i still have crushes on woman. i am not comfortable about the idea of dating a non binary person, so i might be biromantic. but my problem is that i still have a big preference for males and i dont know if a term exist for biromantic with a preference. i have seen the androromantic label but i dont identify to it. 

i feel like i know my romantic orientation but i can't find a right word for it. 

can anyone help me ? 

tom

p.s sorry i the grammar isnt good i'm French 

• Like 2

You can be biromantic regardless of preference! The label does not indicate whether the user has a preference or not. I am bi-alterous myself, and I think I do have a leaning towards male presenting/masculine people, however that doesn't make me any less bi, nor does it mean I should use a different label. 

For me, it's just bi-alterous with a leaning towards masculine people.

• Like 3
Richie Fashion Cat

I like men -   but the kind of guys are like tend to be straight gangster/hard men types.  I have had romatic relationships/crushes with a few guys, but I dont think they would of seen it that way  - more somebody who was very interested in them as a person, did small favours and was fun to hang out with.  A buddy who wasnt like them and didnt judge them and sympathised with their issues and in exchange they offer to take care of something - lol i know weird but these guys like to protect if they percieve you as no threat.  - some of these relationships are still ongoing for me.  It would be nice to have something more meaningful but I wouldnt know what that means in reality.  I identify with being a man myself and I dont know how i would respond if another male ace got romntic! in my personal experience women tend to be a lot more open-minded to romantic interest without sexuality. Gay guys tend to be very sexualised and when i was younger and more curious I did try but it was upsetting for both of us when things got hot and heavy. 

Blueberry Pie

Hi, I'm biromantic asexual. Yes, you can be attracted to one gender more than another. Being bi isn't a 50/50 thing. Personally, I've had crushes on girls, boys, and also a nonbinary person, but it's not all equal. I see myself dating a woman (or feminine presenting person) more than a man (or masculine presenting person). If I were you I would just say biromantic rather than using an additional mircolabel, but obviously you should do whatever you're comfortable with.

• Like 1

I consider myself panromantic despite having a strong preference for males. I don't see any issue with identifying and biromantic whilst having a preference, as said above it isn't a 50/50 thing.

• Like 2

I really liked this the instant I first saw it. (I know it says 'bisexual' but obviously it completely works for 'biromantic' as well.)

7390-F59-F-30-A0-4107-AD5-A-B823969-C73-

As others have said, it definitely doesn't have to be an equal amount of attraction. All that matters is that you have the capacity at all to experience attraction to more than one sex/gender. You can have a preference for one based on literally anything... and actually, your preference when it comes to who you actually date and have relationships with doesn't even have to be based on the level of attraction itself, but could be something like who you feel more comfortable with (which I think is true of me, since I haven't noticed stronger attraction to anyone in particular but definitely have different comfort levels with men and women).

• Like 5
Blueberry Pie
On 11/26/2022 at 8:16 AM, Ceebs said:

I really liked this the instant I first saw it. (I know it says 'bisexual' but obviously it completely works for 'biromantic' as well.)

7390-F59-F-30-A0-4107-AD5-A-B823969-C73-

As others have said, it definitely doesn't have to be an equal amount of attraction. All that matters is that you have the capacity at all to experience attraction to more than one sex/gender. You can have a preference for one based on literally anything... and actually, your preference when it comes to who you actually date and have relationships with doesn't even have to be based on the level of attraction itself, but could be something like who you feel more comfortable with (which I think is true of me, since I haven't noticed stronger attraction to anyone in particular but definitely have different comfort levels with men and women).

That's a great image!

• Like 2