What are your deepest insecurities?

StarryNightAllAlone

Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

I'm insecure about my gender above all else.

• Like 1
On 11/17/2022 at 5:52 PM, Ceebs said:

That I'm simultaneously not enough and somehow also too much (mostly for my partner, but with other people as well and also in very a general societal sense too) 

Same. 

On 11/17/2022 at 6:14 PM, Milque Toast said:

There are still some very specific things I can't do without feeling anxious as hell. Specifically, present wrapping, opening packaging, building/assembling things*

*and honestly I think a lot of people would agree that these things are not easy by themselves, either. 

I have insecurity about similar things

On 11/18/2022 at 5:51 AM, aafire said:

I get insecure about the future.

Being alone in old age

Same. 

On 11/18/2022 at 6:40 AM, MarRister said:

That I’m not enough, or a loser, or boring, or too unattractive, I’m weak. 

SabeSparklexoxo
On 11/17/2022 at 6:43 PM, Lord Revan said:

I am always worried others will see my dick bulge and i hate it

Anything female in my case but it differs every day.

SabeSparklexoxo
On 11/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, Broken Doll said:

That I lack the words to say when I need to have a serious conversation with someone. I always mess up when talking to people. I even do this when I post on a online forum

I sometimes say the wrong things because I lack the words too.

• Like 1
SabeSparklexoxo
On 11/18/2022 at 1:09 AM, daveb said:

Probably that people I want to like me will get tired of me, think I am boring, find better friends. Probably a lot stems from social anxiety, and never being good at making friends, better at losing the ones I didn't want to lose. And generally, things to do with friendships, relationships, and socializing.

Hands up who has had problems making friends? I'm struggle with it too, you're not alone.

• Like 2
SabeSparklexoxo
On 11/18/2022 at 4:48 AM, Skylord said:

That I’ll never be good enough for myself. I’ll never live just a regular life, so how will I ever meet my own impossible expectations? I mean, what’s a life worth living if you don’t do everything you can to make it everything you wish it could be? Because I’m also terrified of living a life with no ambition. No dreams, no goals, just a sad life that means nothing to no one. I’d rather try and fail (and I really hate failing) than let myself give up on it all. Giving up can be very tempting, but I don’t think my my pride would ever let that happen, because I can’t stand when people pity me. 

I gave up in the past, trust me its not worth it. But I don't believe your life is worthless. I think it has purpose just like everybody else's. You don't need to have a big idea to have a purpose. For example, my purpose is to love and support the people I care about.

On 11/18/2022 at 6:51 AM, aafire said:

I get insecure about the future.

Being alone in old age. with nobody who cares about my past, my experiences, my life, and its because I'm not doing enough worth noting.

Its something that inspires me to try and seek out older folks and ask about their life experiences. Some folks really enjoy it and you can get a lot of them talking about their favorite memories and it kinda makes me happy to see them reliving some good times.

I'm worried that wont happen for me, and I wont have anything to show for my life 40 years from now.

I worried and still do sometimes. But honestly? As long as you're happy, that matters more than some big achievement. Trust me. You are so much more than that. The fact you care about the future means you are mature. Most people don't think things through. The fact that you care can be a beautiful thing.

On 11/18/2022 at 6:58 AM, godverdomme said:

That I'm not enough.

That people don't like me as much as it seems.

Low self-esteem. 

Inability to express myself verbally.

Currently, speech issues that are a leftover from that stroke. This is why I didn't come back to uni yet.

That I can't support others as much as I wish to do. That makes me feel not good enough.

My general health problems. 

There might be more, but in general, I'm like @Ceebs. Feeling like I'm not enough, but at the same time, too much for others.

I have low self esteem but I'm telling you now. You're beautiful soul you just need to work on yourself to see it. Affirmations are no joke they help. It may seem stupid at first but it saved my life many times.

• Like 2
SabeSparklexoxo
7 minutes ago, SabeSparklexoxo said:

Hands up who has had problems making friends? I'm struggle with it too, you're not alone.

I truly hope you find friends one day xoxo

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
On 11/17/2022 at 8:07 PM, Broken Doll said:

That I lack the words to say when I need to have a serious conversation with someone. I always mess up when talking to people. I even do this when I post on a online forum

Mood.

• Like 4
J. van Deijck
On 11/24/2022 at 2:47 PM, Black-purple-grey said:

I struggle with independence.

That I'm actually quite the opposite of. Being physically disabled, I'm pretty independent and not gonna lie, I take some pride in it. I have a job that I hope to come back to as soon as possible, I deal with that so-called adulting pretty well, I can do almost everything around myself. But it comes from something else: I don't know how to ask for help. I never did. I don't know how to explain it, so maybe someone who feels similar would be able to find the right words.

For the rest, it's pretty relatable. And even though you seem to be completely opposite of me, I'd never think of you as a loser. These things you mention don't make you a loser. Everyone's life is different, everyone has different reasons.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Baasje said:

But it comes from something else: I don't know how to ask for help. I never did. I don't know how to explain it, so maybe someone who feels similar would be able to find the right words.

this reminds me of me, though at times i cannot afford the luxury of not asking (and also i’m not independent which i completely hate). for me it has multiple reasons i think. at young age, i was always ‘the best one’, or at least i only heard that – i still haven’t unlearned this and have a hard time admitting i need help. when it comes to money, i always feel like i shouldn’t take anything from my parents, cos it’s my fault i cannot handle what i’ve got better (for context: i hate buying anything new if i can live with what i’ve got, but sometimes i spend a lil bit of money on something silly, which makes me notice the digits drop). when it comes to emotions and mental health, i feel like i should manage it myself (this is actually where i’ve learned to ask for help when it’s really bad). when it comes to anything else, i just feel like an annoyance / a loser / whatever.

k, this is not exactly helpful, but phaps there’s something you can confirm to happen to you as well.

J. van Deijck
3 minutes ago, sketch of a person said:

when it comes to anything else, i just feel like an annoyance / a loser / whatever.

I guess this is the most relatable part. It does help, thanks!

I think one of the reasons I try so hard to the point of absurdity for people in my personal life is because of the weight I carry of previous failings. I am making up for things that can't be made up for. I repay the unpayable debt I owe piece by piece, and I do it by trying to be a person one can count on for help.

I'm terrible at accepting help because I don't want to feel as if I owe anything to anybody, least of all invite the possibility of them weaponizing it in the future. Past help is one of the first things held hostage in disagreements. But deeper than that, I refuse so much help when it is offered because it's a principle of mine. I need to know that I can do it. That I can surmount it on my own because nobody will be there for me when I need them the most.

To a lesser extent, I've never been a fan of my face. I see too much of both my parents in it. While I've tried to outgrow them in mind and habits, I can never shake the eyes staring at me in the mirror that remind me of where I came from.

• Like 3
16 hours ago, Baasje said:

And even though you seem to be completely opposite of me, I'd never think of you as a loser. These things you mention don't make you a loser. Everyone's life is different, everyone has different reasons.

Thank you for saying that, it's very nice of you. I appreciate it 😊

My looks. The fact that I have mental issues. That I don't have the same conceptions of life and happiness others have. That I've lived my life as a lie for such a long time. So many more things. 

All of the above.

Most of all, because I have a particular phobia/extreme difficulty traveling under the control of others (bus, train, plane, car), I haven't been anywhere and can't go places with others, I'm afraid I bore people because I can't talk about those experiences.  Instead, I want to talk about what they're thinking about and reading and listening to, and that's too serious for many people.  

• 5 months later...
On 11/17/2022 at 5:33 PM, StarryNightAllAlone said:

This is a safe place to share any insecurities you have.

I have body image issues, social anxieties, and a persistent belief of not being worthy or deserving of certain things.