Hey platonic love is real - me to society

I love love, I really do. and as an aromantic I struggle with figuring out what is love and what type of love it is. it's completely normal to have very passionate friendships. For the longest time I've been confused on why I only feel passionate towards friends. I recently have got myself a great male friend and I've always felt a little uncomfortable with guys. I've been around girls most of my life so feeling genuine care for a boy gave me so much confusion. When we were in a whole group, I saw all of them as siblings and I loved it. I always have been distant with my biological siblings and felt lonely at home. For a boy to give me a brotherly vibe was new and exciting. I've always wanted a good brother figure so I was so excited whenever I talked to him and stuff. Once again doubt came over me about everything and I started to overthink, " is this normal??" . I was overthinking but I learned from the last identity crisis so I was sure I wasn't inlove with him like that. What was the feeling I was feeling? . Turns out platonic love IS real and people romanticize too many things, and I'm sick of feeling like I can't be a in a normal friendship with a guy without feeling weird. I love all of my friends and I love people in a platonic way, Asexuals and Aromantics aren't heartless and emotionless. We DO feel love and be passionate about our friends. Society needs to stop amatonormativity on children, it has caused me a lot of stress and alot of unnecessary energy wasted on worrying about if who I KNOW I am. No one should be feeling like this, love yall muah. <33

(sorry haven't posted in awhile, busy with school stuff and planning on being a prefect, wish me luck!)

• Like 6

Love this!

I also love love. I am very passionate person for my friends. I love them with all my heart, and I make sure to let them know. A lot of people forget how magical and amazing friendships can be. I have so much love to give and I am glad I have great people in my life to give it too. 

• Like 2

Did you mean for this thread to be in SPFA?

5 hours ago, Ceebs said:

Did you mean for this thread to be in SPFA?

Eh im sorry I didn't know what topic suited this post I just did whatever I thought was the closest