Ace Community Survey Results

The 2022 survey has started. It will take a while for all data to come in and be analyzed. In the meantime, the results for the 2020 survey are complete, and are here:

https://acecommunitysurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2020-Ace-Community-Survey-Summary-Report.pdf

There is a lot there. Interesting is the gender of the participants. It shows:

Screenshot-20221110-102005.png

We always have had more female-identified members than male, but here, non-binary exceeds male identity. This somewhat reflects the current gender poll here in AVEN:

Screenshot-20221110-102200.png

And there is a lot more in the survey results. Check it out!

• Like 14

Thank you for this, I always find these interesting and informative.

• Like 4

This is so cool, thank you for sharing! [data nerd powers activated!!]

I'd be interested in seeing the age related questions broken down by participant age. For example if most of your respondents are under 25 then it makes sense that most respondents reported coming out as teenagers; I would be curious to know, of the respondents in their 30s, 40s, and above, when did they come out? 

Looking forward to digging more into this :)

• Like 6
37 minutes ago, aly_oop said:

I would be curious to know, of the respondents in their 30s, 40s, and above, when did they come out? 

Yeah, that could be interesting.

I'm 66 now; discovered asexuality when I was 52. Prior to that I didn't know I was ace. I thought I was heterosexual, but not very successful in that realm and not especially motivated to be. Not to mention shy, socially awkward, and happy with my own company most of the time.

• Like 6

Hello. I appreciate your sharing. This afternoon I did the latest survey for 2022. That was my first experience to take ace community survey, and didn’t take so long time as I had expected. It’s also helpful for an understanding of myself, and I was glad to take part in it this time. 
Personally, it’s curious about the result of how covid-19 pandemic affected ace/ spectrum people. Thanks anyway! 

• Like 2