Reaching 40, and finally being at peace

Anomaly Q3Xr

So, I reached 40 last week and I have also recently moved back to my hometown into a flat that I intend to stay in for the rest of my life. I have no intention of ever moving again, I have no reason to.

I am happier and feel safer here than I have felt in many years. I still have many mental health difficulties, but I am (hopefully) going to be getting some support soon.

But, for the first time in, probably ever, I feel at peace. I am happy. I have my created universe to work on, which keeps me busy, I have three friends, two of which live 200+ miles away so I get holidays every 3-4 months or so to visit them, I'm rebuilding my relationship with my Dad and Aunt (I am closer to my Dad now than I have ever been, and he has done so much to help me in the last month since moving here).

And I have my role on the Admod team here. Since I am unable to go out to work because I can't deal with being around people physically for that long, my role on here allows me to have a sense of purpose and to give something back to the asexual community, and I am really thankful for that opportunity.

So, I just wanted to express my gratitude for the community here, and to my friends and family who have supported me (and vice versa), because I feel more at peace now than ever. I think the one thing that would make things better is if I could make an ace friend locally to meet up with for a cuppa, or lunch, or whatever from time to time, and maybe I will at some point. But it's just nice to feel such a huge weight lifted from me, and to just be settled and happy.

• Like 32
1 minute ago, Eutierria said:

Feel happy for you! ^_^ 💜

Thank you so much 💜

• Like 4
StarryNightAllAlone

I'm happy things are going well for you, Sammie. You sound like you're in a much better place now. :)

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, StarryNightAllAlone said:

I'm happy things are going well for you, Sammie. You sound like you're in a much better place now. :)

Thank you! Yes, definitely :) 

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, Eutierria said:

Feel happy for you! ^_^ 💜

Me too. 

It's so good to hear things are going well for you, @Sammie M! It's well-deserved. And just very nice to hear about all the positives in your life now. Hopefully some day you will find a local ace friend, too. Cheers! :D 

• Like 4

Thanks @daveb, and for always being so supportive! You're awesome!

• Like 3

So proud of you. I'm really glad that you're in a place where you're at peace and happy. ❤️ 

• Like 4

Wait, what? You are only a year younger then me? 🤭 Congratulations! :cake:

I'm glad to hear that you have found peace and happiness💜💜 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Broken Doll said:

Wait, what? You are only a year younger then me? 🤭 

Sshh, don't tell anyone. They think I'm a Timelord ;) 

• Like 2

So happy for you! It is truly wonderful to finally find serenity and support!

• Like 1

@Sammie M congratulations on your milestones! Feeling happy, safe and connected to friends and family is something you deserve. I hope you like your new home. I'm sure I will see you at another meet-up.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Packing4Mars said:

@Sammie M congratulations on your milestones! Feeling happy, safe and connected to friends and family is something you deserve. I hope you like your new home. I'm sure I will see you at another meet-up.

Thank you. Yes, I love it here in my new home, and glad to be close to my family for support. I am heading to Exeter next month, but some time after New Year I will generally be able to start getting to meetups again, moving is quite expensive (but worth it).  Look forward to seeing you again when I can.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
CincinnatiAsexual

Wow, that sounds great! It is difficult to have life fall into place. I'm happy for you!

• Like 1
Anomaly Q3Xr
2 minutes ago, MinnieMouse said:

So happy to hear this!! ☺️

Thank you :) 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

That's great to hear

And I hear you about local ace friends,  would be nice but we're fairly rare

• Like 2