This appeared in my Quora feed

SorryNotSorry

SorryNotSorry

So, apparently asexuality is now in the American Right’s crosshairs:

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/10/religious-right-now-targeting-sexless-marriages-selfishness-want-ban/

I swear, these people don’t know the meaning of live and let live.

• Like 2

Forgive me for not finishing the article, but it's just so insane.

How much privacy to do they  have to invade, and how many rights to do they have to take away until they are happy?? How are they going to check which marriages are sexual and which are not? Even if asexual couples lie and say they do have sex, it still sucks that they aren't allowed to be open about their sex life. 

And this notion that it "takes away from" or "reduces the meaning of" sexual marriages. It's SO irritating! It's always like this. That trans women existing takes away from the rights of cis women, and now how asexual marriages take away from the rights of sexual marriages. Who said you can't be happy in your sexual marriage? Leave us alone oh my god 😭 I don't understand how it can bother someone so much when someone else does something in a way they don't like. Sexual marriages still exist, and you are still free to be in one. why are you disallowing people to be in asexual marriages? it's disgusting and very clearly comes from a place of hate and desire to discriminate.

jeezums this stuff gets  me mad

• Like 3
SorryNotSorry
1 hour ago, Milque Toast said:

Forgive me for not finishing the article, but it's just so insane.

How much privacy to do they  have to invade, and how many rights to do they have to take away until they are happy??

Just my opinion, but I think the only solution to a problem like this is to tag such individuals and deny them ANY kind of authority for the rest of their lives. I'm talking not even let them tell their own kids what to do.

• Like 2

Okay but if I'm allo and in a dry spell, should I get a divorce? 'Sexless marriage' is a pretty broad term. Can I eat breakfast or do I have to make babies and toast at the same time?

• Like 4
SorryNotSorry
1 hour ago, AABattery said:

Okay but if I'm allo and in a dry spell, should I get a divorce? 'Sexless marriage' is a pretty broad term. Can I eat breakfast or do I have to make babies and toast at the same time?

Ask the control freaks who want to pass that crazy law.

Oh this has been going on for ages in the catholic 'homeland' I grew up in. I remember having a discussion about this kind of thing, back then it was about not having children, ages ago when I was in secondary school. In the related discussion about not having children, you could just as well turn the whole argument around and saying that having children is self-centred. Can the same be said about a sexless marriage, asexual based or not? I don't know. If both don't want sex it won't, but if one does and the other doesn't, that's something to work out between two people if possible, as has been said so many times here. 

I've given up on organised religion ages ago as I think it's often but not always the foundation for a lot of misery, bigotry, unfounded dogmatism, pain and unfairness. This is just one example. Sex before marriage is frowned upon but then if you say you're not interested in sex, then that's not good either. Silly people. Hopefully they don't gain too much power, though I wouldn't be holding my breath on that, it being in the US. 

4 hours ago, SorryNotSorry said:

and deny them ANY kind of authority for the rest of their lives.

and it's up to each one of us not to allow them any authority over any aspect of our lives, starting by not giving a jot about their outlandish views. 🙂 

It's bad enough they want to ban books, but now they want to regulate people's bedrooms... wtf?  And why do these jerks even think it's their biz in the first place?

• Like 1
Blueberry Pie

What the heck…. And this news article was published during Ace Week, no less. Truly Orwellian.