What type(s) of clothes do you dislike?

J. van Deijck

Blueberry Pie

Ripped jeans. I don't find them practical. I feel like I'd get cold in them quickly.

High heels are not comfortable or practical for me.

I want to like crop tops, which have been very "in" lately, but I feel insecure about wearing them, and they wouldn't work with my other clothes. And another issue of getting cold.

I want to like classic Vans shoes because they can look cool, but they don't have enough support.

I don't like really baggy clothes, but I don't like super tight clothes either. I like when things show my shape, but not in a super tight way.

I know button-down flannels are classic, but I don't like how they look on me.

I don't like buying cheaply made items at retail price. I like to thrift stuff or go to consignment stores.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, godverdomme said:

I like printed hoodies, but I can admit it's hard to disagree with it. Some prints are indeed quite tasteless.

Yeah the worst for me are the ones of stuff like cheetho's packaging or the ones with rude anime art that were popular awhile back in the con scene.

• Like 3
everywhere and nowhere
On 10/26/2022 at 11:19 AM, blunose2772 said:

wool. It's too itchy

On 10/26/2022 at 11:35 AM, Eutierria said:

Cashmere - don't understand why people think it's good. Feels like sandpaper to me 🤷🏻‍♀️

This. I have a lot of restrictions due to allergy and I basically only wear: pure cotton, cotton with small amounts of elastic synthetics, cotton-linen blend, cotton-nettle blend, other fabrics only as top clothes with no direct contact with the skin. (For example, my winter cycling clothes consist of polar pants and a cotton sweater, plus an anorak on top of that. I wear cotton long johngs under my pants, so I don't feel the fabric. By the way, these pants have become too large since I stopped being fat, so yesterday I have bought myself a pair of suspenders. ;))

Other restrictions are due to my nudity aversion and sexiness aversion: no short pants and skirts, basically nothing which leaves more than bottom 1/4 of my legs exposed (I occasionally wear capri pants in the summer, but to be honest - only to shock people with the sight of unshaved female legs. :twisted:). No deep necklines (in fact, I prefer having everything below my collarbone covered). No women's T-shirts because they are too tight, too short (I prefer shirts, T-shirts and tunics long enough to cover the butt part of my pants) and have too short sleeves (I prefer short sleeves which are almost elbow length, only wearing male cut T-shirts provides just that). No high heels, I would never ever wear them. This is in fact both for health reasons and due to my vehement rejection of all the sexualising and limiting stereotypes associated with this kind of shoes. I have a mild motor disability (knee joint degeneration), and even apart from that I have always been clumsy, I have a heavy "tundra gait", so such shoes would fully literally endanger my health. It's not just that anyone can have a bad luck and stumble, I would have over 20% chance of an accident in such shoes. Throught my life I have made about 20 steps in high heels, all within my corridor, and I can say that even when watching every step I was still staggering. And all the associations I mentioned... I want to be an independent woman with a life of my own, a woman who enjoys life because I have my passions - so I vehemently reject the idea of living for men's enjoyment. I am queer and sex-incapable, so I take care to look OK without being sexually attractive - to make it clear for a certain kind of men that nope, even if they consider the whole world a market for their overblown sexuality, I am not a ware on that market.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
24 minutes ago, everywhere and nowhere said:

cotton-nettle blend

Today I've just learned something new. 😮

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere
3 minutes ago, godverdomme said:

Today I've just learned something new. 😮

Not a common thing, but I have one shirt which is made from this kind of blend.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
3 hours ago, everywhere and nowhere said:

Not a common thing, but I have one shirt which is made from this kind of blend.

How does it feel like? You really got me curious.

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere
1 minute ago, godverdomme said:

How does it feel like? You really got me curious.

Nice, I would say. Feels like a soft cotton fabric, maybe even a bit more like cotton knitwear - the kind used for T-shirts, underwear etc. - than typical cotton cloth.

• Like 3

Jeans, I don't mind seeing them on other people, but they are so uncomfortable for me and I can't believe I wore them for so many years haha. I prefer wearing dresses/skirts rather than pants. 

I also don't like the way I look in u-neck t-shirts. I love v-necks. 

• Like 3

I hated wearing those Juicy Couture track pants with words like JUICY written on the buttcheeks area because those pants were in style out when I was a tween and grown men would stare at my a**. 

My mother bought me a lot of those and would get angry at me when I didn't want to wear it which is weird because she used to make me dress in oversized, long sleeved clothing so boys at the temple wouldn't look at me lol

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
J. van Deijck

5533019482_1_3_3.jpg?t=1664441172381

Never liked things such as cardigans. To each their own, but it's a big nope for me.

I can't wear any clothes that have tags on the inside - they're itchy and annoying.  When I buy clothes that come with them, I always cut them out.

I don't wear leggings because I don't have much to show off with them, and I dislike polo shirts because I used to have to wear one every day as part of a school uniform.

• Like 3
Sister Mercurial
2 hours ago, GingerRose said:

Platform shoes confuse me.

I think the idea is to be taller without the shooting pains in your feet that come from standing in heels all day.  Not something I've ever tried, though, as I'm happy with my height.  

• Like 1

Sherpa belongs in the trash. Nothing about sherpa is soft. It is the most revolting feeling fabric in existence. It's like microfiber... that people use to keep warm and... cozy?!?!? It is only acceptable as a small embellishment which does not touch skin. That also must be the super dense, rough sherpa that has no intentions of trying to be "soft."

Phew, okay. That is all. Just needed to get that off my chest. For the billionth time. Now I need to wash my hands after the thought of it

• Like 4
J. van Deijck

I wear platform boots even though I'm tall, just because I can. :lol: It must look funny when I walk somewhere with my husband as he's shorter than me even without it :lol:

33 minutes ago, Starry Sky said:

Sherpa belongs in the trash.

I had to Google it to make sure, but now I agree :ph34r:

• Like 2

I’m rather picky, but I don’t like wearing: 

* baggy pants

* low waist jeans

* sandals

* V neck sweaters and cardigans

* Anything yellow (like the color, but not on me)

* High heels

* Suits

* Low-cut tops (because if I wear them, people who are sexually attracted to breasts stare too much)

* Pumps

And more… 😅

• Like 2
Real Estate RICO

skinny jeans

I do/did too many deadlifts, leg presses, and squats to be able to pull them off

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, MPDFA said:

skinny jeans

Agreed. Never liked them.

• Like 1

Flannel sleepwear.

It is the itchiest and sweatiest sleepwear I have ever bought at a store. It reminds me of sherpa but 10 times worser.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

Flannel in general for me, I've just never been a fan of this.

• Like 2

Flannel is required by law in the Pacific Northwest. :P 

(not really, but I have used flannel shirts as an outer layer/jacket for decades now, even before I moved here - also, plaid is one of my favorite colors :lol: )

• Like 5

I really hate those "bubble puffer jackets", (that is what google calls them, but my local clothing shops don't stock anything but them.

No thank you.

• Like 5
J. van Deijck
12 hours ago, iff said:

bubble puffer jackets

Something like that? :ph34r:

Metallic1-Red-Alasia-Puffer-Jacket.jpg?v

14 hours ago, daveb said:

I almost believed in it :P

• Like 4
14 hours ago, daveb said:

(not really, but I have used flannel shirts as an outer layer/jacket for decades now, even before I moved here - also, plaid is one of my favorite colors :lol: )

This post alone is making me feel itchy and sweaty 😨 😂😂 :P

13 hours ago, iff said:

I really hate those "bubble puffer jackets", (that is what google calls them, but my local clothing shops don't stock anything but them.

No thank you.

I had to buy one too the other day because my store didn't have any others then those. It does keep me warm but it also makes me look like a giant puffy snowman 🙄😅

• Like 5
On 12/6/2022 at 8:04 AM, Broken Doll said:

It does keep me warm but it also makes me look like a giant puffy snowman

You should see my winter jacket . . . but it's bulky because down fill is actually very good insulation, and January can be bloody cold around here.  The alternatives are fur, thick fiberfill (none of your Thinsulate™ trash), or double or treble layers of wool duffle—all pretty bulky.  If you're in a place where local temperatures never get much below -15°C, you don't need that level of insulation, and it's stupidly impractical if it isn't a necessity.

• Like 3

When leggings are worn as if they're trousers. When I wore leggings it was always under a long top that covered my arse. Wearing them with a standard tshirt letting everyone see your knickers through your leggings just seems wrong to me. 

Purple Red Panda

Sweatpants. I do own a pair and I wear them when I go jogging and only when I go jogging. The idea of wearing them in any other context fills me with aesthetic horror.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Purple Red Panda said:

Sweatpants. I do own a pair and I wear them when I go jogging and only when I go jogging. The idea of wearing them in any other context fills me with aesthetic horror.

Haha I own a good six pairs but, paradoxically, I hate wearing them when I'm running. I just... sweat too much in sweatpants. 😂 I have them as loungewear pretty much. I hope your jogging is going well. Give yourself a pat on the back if you're doing it during this cold weather. It's always harder when it's flipping freezing out there and all the more rewarding because of it!

• Like 4
Purple Red Panda
1 minute ago, JimmyJazz said:

I hope your jogging is going well. Give yourself a pat on the back if you're doing it during this cold weather. It's always harder when it's flipping freezing out there and all the more rewarding because of it!

I don't really mind the cold, better than doing it when it's warm. I've not been out so far this week but mainly because I've either been at work or busy with other things. I've got Sunday off so I shall don the sweatpants then 😄

• Like 4