What type(s) of clothes do you dislike?

J. van Deijck

I will not wear shorts. Generally, I will entirely cover up everything but my face and hands when I go outside, so I will not wear shorts.

I wouldn't say that I don't like jeans, but I don't own any or wear them and haven't for years, as my weight has been all over the place, so one minute they fit fine, then tyhey don't at all. So I stick to jogging bottoms mostly now (which incidentally I have never liked, but they suit the purpose).

• Like 3

Suits, dress trousers, anything "smart". If I cannot wear jeans and a t-shirt, I am probably not meant to be in attendance. 

• Like 5
J. van Deijck
40 minutes ago, JimmyJazz said:

Suits, dress trousers, anything "smart". If I cannot wear jeans and a t-shirt, I am probably not meant to be in attendance. 

Same here. But with a hoodie, especially in this season.

• Like 1
Calligraphette_Coe

Plaid. (!Wretch!)

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Ghostbrush Terrorwood said:

I can think of styles more than specific clothes I don't like. Low crotch trousers look ridiculous, for example. Men's jeans seem to be low or mid rise and I don't like my torso looking longer. Something I also dislike is the bland colours they usually choose for men's clothes. Quite often, there's just no imagination and the styles can be quite pain and ordinary.

Yep, mostly this. 

• Like 1

No hats, rings, necklaces, anything that is tight around the neck or has an attached hood that drags on my neck.  No shorts or sleeveless tops or "summer" stuff.  No dresses.  Basically flowing-type tops and tight pants.  No sandals; just shoes that are secure to walk in.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, Sally said:

No hats

Hats are the clothing equivalent of Satan. I'd protest loudly anytime my mother wanted me to wear one when I was a kid.

Tele's ex-wife is a fashion nut. She has many, many hats. And shoes and handbags. He seems incredibly grateful and relieved that I don't give a shit about those things.

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
13 hours ago, Libellule said:

And I don't like jumpsuits for practical reasons, as a person with a very tiny bladder 😅

To be honest, I've been wondering what people who wear them do when they need to use the toilet :ph34r:

• Like 3

Frills are horrible too. Anything with frills can just go fuck itself.

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, godverdomme said:

To be honest, I've been wondering what people who wear them do when they need to use the toilet :ph34r:

This post basically nails it

Screenshot-20221027-085418-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20221027-085434-Instagram.jpg

(Credit to @itzi.artz on insta, translation: Yes, but...)

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Life Of Tass said:

This post basically nails it

Screenshot-20221027-085418-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20221027-085434-Instagram.jpg

(Credit to @itzi.artz on insta, translation: Yes, but...)

:lol: that seems like a simple solution :lol:

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Libellule said:

And I don't like jumpsuits for practical reasons, as a person with a very tiny bladder 😅

3 hours ago, godverdomme said:

That's why I stopped wearing onesies at home, they are a pain in the bottom when you need to go toilet fairly often.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Libellule said:

I used to work part-time with a uniform of jumpsuit. It's a nightmare, never again.

• Like 3
Siimo van der fietspad

The 'gangsta' style for men, especially the low pants. I've heard funny stories of wannabe gangstas whose jeans fell down in the street because they were so loose. Men's things all being dark colours or looking criminal.

Things with generic prints and slogans and especially brands on them (some exceptions: I love my adidas tracktops, and no problem with logos on running shoes or things which are 'indie' eg band tees, actual groups and organisations, parkrun etc).  It looks conformist and insecure and often these items look kind of dirty as well. I don't mind prints of cool and intricate artwork (I tried my hand at this myself but I do bright colours and good aesthetics).

Those crinkly PVC wetlook jackets, it feels and sounds icky like a dentist's chair. Often worn by overdressed and over made-up women or men pretending to be rappers.

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
8 hours ago, Siimo van der fietspad said:

The 'gangsta' style for men,

That's kind of me :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Siimo van der fietspad said:

I've heard funny stories of wannabe gangstas whose jeans fell down in the street because they were so loose.

But that's not, fortunately. I tend to wear trousers that are too big in size, though. I would hate it if they fell :lol:

• Like 3
bertiewooster

Thongs.  Just the thought of the feel of it makes me angry.  I don't know how people can stand them or G-strings.  It's just.  At that point you may as well not wear anything, and I know people say "I don't wear it for others, I wear it for me" but that's the part I don't understand!  Isn't it just like a perpetual wedgie??

I tried to get myself to wear jewellery when I was in middle school, but I'm also not a big fan of that.  Probably partly because I hate how fat and small my fingers look.  I've just got small appendages, small nose, small ears, and it extended to my fingers.

I also don't love lowcut clothes because I have been, let's say, amply blessed in that particular avenue and have since high school covered up because I was harassed over it and the habit has carried over to the point that I'm only just now being able to wear tops that have any sort of dip.

• Like 3
a little annihilation

anything nylon, velvet, flannel, or plaid. I don't like jeans because they feel restricting. 

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
4 hours ago, løvely said:

flannel

Me neither. 🤮

• Like 1
nanogretchen4

I hate skirts and dresses unless they are loose and at least midi length, have pockets, and can be worn over shorts in hot weather or thermal tights in cold weather. 

I'm pretending high heeled shoes do not even exist.

I hate underwire bras.

• Like 3

Anything with lace/ruffles/frilly bits and useless buttons (blouses no problem, but things like polo shirts with 3 or 4 buttons is a no-go), trousers without pockets, heeled shoes

• Like 3

I don't like any clothing that it too tight or in any way restricts movement. I always choose my clothes based on comfort rather than what they look like. I have not owned a pair of jeans for years because I find them too thick and not flexible enough. Wool jumpers are also something I won't wear because they are too itchy.

When it comes to footwear however, my requirements are the exact opposite; I hate anything that is too loose or flaps about on the foot. So I won't wear things like crocs or sliders no matter how hot the weather; I like shoes with laces I can tie up really tightly.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, SpaceDustbin said:

things like polo shirts with 3 or 4 buttons is a no-go

Yeah, same here. I don't even see what's the point of this :ph34r:

• Like 1

Crop tops. Also I hate wearing dresses much shorter than maxi in public. I have dresses I wear at home that are at or above the knees, but I won't wear them in public.

• Like 3

things I won't wear:

• Dresses that have sleeves
  • Shirts that don't have sleeves (at least, not without a sweater over it)
  • Turtlenecks or anything too tight around the neck
  • Pants that are baggy around the legs
  • Belts, or any pants that require me to wear one
  • Sandals without socks (I won't show my feet in public, or even at home usually)
  • Like 2
J. van Deijck

I know it's entirely a matter of tastes, but have I ever said how much I hate skinny jeans and tight clothing in general?

• Like 4
On 10/27/2022 at 6:06 PM, Siimo van der fietspad said:

Things with [...] brands on them

I have never understood why this class of items exists, or why people would wear them.  If the company wants me to advertise for them, they should be paying me.

• Like 4
J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, ElloryJaye said:
On 10/28/2022 at 12:06 AM, Siimo van der fietspad said:

Things with [...] brands on them

I have never understood why this class of items exists, or why people would wear them.  If the company wants me to advertise for them, they should be paying me.

It's hard not to agree with it. 

People who wear clothes with big designer/brand name written across them seem to be generally considered tacky. It's like screaming "Look, I can afford this brand", but in reality, who cares if you can or not?

• Like 3