What type(s) of clothes do you dislike?

J. van Deijck

J. van Deijck

This time from the other side. Here's to discuss what kinds of clothes you don't like and/or couldn't bring yourself to wear.

Β 

So, what are yours?

• Like 1

Cashmere - don't understand why people think it's good. Feels like sandpaper to me πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

• Like 2

I HATE denim. I hate it so much I can't wear it.Β 

I mean, it's lucky that it's just generally not my thingΒ visually. but I hate how it's kinda stiff, it always feels cold, and I don't like how the material feels Β―\_(ツ)_/Β―

• Like 4

Anything tight. I absolutely hate the feeling of something close against my skin, like I feel a sense of veryΒ physical revulsion and need to get it off ASAP. I used to have meltdowns over clothing as a kid. It's part of my sensory processing issues, I imagine.

• Like 7
Luftschlosseule

Low-rise pants. Which makes me wonder if I'd like high-waisted ones.

• Like 5
  • Wired bras. I'm getting rid of mine and replacing them with soft variants. I don't care about having a lifted bust, I just want that my bust stays somewhat in place and covers what is needed.
  • Any kind of underwear that goes into my butt crack >__>
  • Anything that requires me to shave my thighs >__> yes.
  • Rings (usually). Makes washing hands a hassle. (I'm currently wearing an ace ring for celebrating the ace week, but after this week the rings goes off.) If I ever got a wedding ring or anything like that, I think I'd wear it on a necklace. Too bad it doesn't work for ace rings.
  • Like 3
J. van Deijck
1 hour ago, Ceebs said:

Anything tight. I absolutely hate the feeling of something close against my skin, like I feel a sense of veryΒ physical revulsion and need to get it off ASAP. I used to have meltdowns over clothing as a kid. It's part of my sensory processing issues, I imagine.

I can second that. I'd rather avoid tight clothing for the same reason.

Β 

55 minutes ago, AavaMeri said:

Rings (usually). Makes washing hands a hassle.

Yeah, I can confirm that. My wedding ring is a nuisance not only for washing hands, but also for doing house chores, especially these that make your hands dirty. This is why I only wear it outside the house :P I think the idea of wearing it as a necklace is really good.

Β 

Β 

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

Besides that, I hate anything with buttons, so no shirts for me. Also anything v-neck. I can't even explain why, it must be some kind of aversion to both.

• Like 2

Anything tight. I cannot stand having cloth toughing my skin like that. Also wool. It is scratchy

• Like 3

Jeans πŸ‘–. My overactive ADHD senses can’t stand the heavy/rough material.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, godverdomme said:

Besides that, I hate anything with buttons, so no shirts for me. Also anything v-neck. I can't even explain why, it must be some kind of aversion to both.

Yes, this too!

• Like 1

Jeans.

Wool.

Polyester.Β 

And anything too tight/revealing.

I don't want to show my body parts that are supposed to stay hidden and I really don't like the feeling of tight clothes.Β 

Β 

I have allergies and sensory issues so I only wear cotton clothes or clothes that are mixed with cotton.

Β 

• Like 3

Overalls

Β 

As a child, I used to refuse wearing it. There are fashionable ones aimed at adults, but I would not choose them. It's a hassle when going to the lav. Washing is also difficult.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Another Sky said:

Overalls

Β 

As a child, I used to refuse wearing it. There are fashionable ones aimed at adults, but I would not choose them. It's a hassle when going to the lav. Washing is also difficult.

This. I’m still traumatised by how they felt on my body when I last wore them. Around 30 years ago 🀣

• Like 3

I can think of styles more than specific clothes I don't like. Low crotch trousers look ridiculous, for example. Men's jeans seem to be low or mid rise and I don't like my torso looking longer. Something I also dislike is the bland colours they usually choose for men's clothes. Quite often, there's just no imagination and the styles can be quite pain and ordinary.

Leather, I live in a hot environment, wear it for 20 minuets outside you already need to get it off because of sweatΒ 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Iam9man said:

This. I’m still traumatised by how they felt on my body when I last wore them. Around 30 years ago 🀣

I remember once the fabric was so loose and people could see from my waist down... Also, shoulders are stiff.πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ

• Like 4

I find lacey or flowy topsΒ to be extremely obnoxious and uncomfortable. Anything that I can’t lift my arms it’sΒ a no (I make a few exceptions for some coats and jackets.) If I get stuck trying to take something off I will never put itΒ back on again. Skinny jeans.Β I can’t stand low pants, it always feels like they’re going to fall off, plus they usuallyΒ rub weird on my skin and dig into my sides. Flip flops areΒ loud and I don’t like things in between my toes. Dangly bracelets, because they always slide around and get in the way.Β 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, godverdomme said:

Also anything v-neck. I can't even explain why, it must be some kind of aversion to both.

i hate v-necks too 😌 for me it's partially that even that shows a little too much skin for my tastes. in general I don't wear sleeveless shirts, anything that shows my shoulders/collar bone, midriff, etc. so all of the "head holes" on my shirts are close to my neck and crewneck style.

I just remembered I do have one v-neckΒ jumper, but for that I always have a collared shirt underneath, I think that looks stylish :D

• Like 2

-High heels. I can’t walk in them, and I’m already 5’7 so it’s not like I need to be any taller.

Β 

-Baggy jeans. I prefer skinny jeans, or if I’m wearing bootcut or bell bottoms I at least like them to be form fitting in the hip and thigh area.

Β 

-V necks. I just don’t think they look good on me.

Β 

-Jewelry in general.

• Like 2

I love how dresses look on other people, but try to force me in a dress and I might just commit acts of unspeakable violence (for legal reasons, that is a joke, but I assure y'all, I really really won't like being in the dress).

Β 

Same goes for low cut frilly tops and skirts. Not my thing. If it's yours, awesome, but it's really not mine.

• Like 3

Not a fan of high-waisted jeans. They just feel so uncomfortable.

Β 

And I don't like jumpsuits for practical reasons, as a person with a very tiny bladderΒ πŸ˜…

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
4 hours ago, Ghostbrush Terrorwood said:

Low crotch trousers look ridiculous, for example.

I'm guilty of that :ph34r: :lol:

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
3 hours ago, Gloomy said:

and I’m already 5’7

Honestly, I thought you were taller :o I don't even know why.

Β 

3 hours ago, Skylord said:

Skinny jeans.Β 

This too. All my trousers are wide leg style, really.

• Like 2
J. van Deijck
15 minutes ago, Ghostbrush Terrorwood said:

If you like them, that’s fine. I just hate them personally.Β :lol:

I like all things oversized :lol: that's just wonderful how each of us is different :D

• Like 3

Thought of another one - lace. I like the look of lace as a modesty panel on some tops but stopped wearing it years ago because it felt so itchy.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 2