Research Request: Asexual Experiences

We have a research request from Brooke Higginbottom. The study is for anyone ages 19+. Please read the following and participate if you would like!

Hi there. My name is Brooke Higginbottom. I’m a student researcher in the sociology department at the University of the Fraser Valley, in British Columbia, Canada. I'm working on an independent study. As someone who identifies as Asexual, I decided that I wanted to focus my research on the different perspectives and experiences of asexuals when it comes to establishing and maintaining romantic and/or sexual relationships. 

I intend to publish the results of this study. If you want to know more about me, my study, or my reasoning for this research topic, you can message my account or contact me through email: brooke.higginbottom@student.ufv.ca 

If you’d like to participate, there is a link to a survey below. You don’t need to answer all of the survey questions if you don’t want to, and feel free to answer each question in the way that feels the best for you. Survey responses are anonymous and will not be public. Only I and my supervisor will be able to see any responses. 

I’m also looking for people to have one-on-one interviews with, so if you’d rather do an interview than fill out the survey, please contact me to let me know. All interviews are going to be conducted online through Discord, Zoom, Skype, etc. This will not include any video sharing to maintain confidentiality. 

I estimate that the survey will not take more than an hour to complete. Please read the consent form before starting the survey! 

Here is the link to the survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/QYGH5ZP

This study was approved by the Project Team.

On behalf of PT,

kelico

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
There is a tremendous need for study of the relationships of asexuals with sexuals.  I am 84 and only a few years ago learned in the Journal of Sex Research of the existence of asexuality.  It was a great relief.  My wife of 62 years rarely allowed intimacy and has totally denied it for more than 20 years.  For much of this time I believed that I must have been doing something terribly wrong sexually, or that all women must be like that.  Now I am bitter that an extremely important part of my life has been forever lost.  

Asexuals: don't accept an invitation to a tea party if you don't like tea!

@833 Hi. Welcome! :cake:

I just thought I'd help let you know that there's a "For Sexual Partners, Friends, and Allies" forum, in case you might be interested in finding others in sexual-asexual relationships. This thread is more about the research request/study above.

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Thank you to everyone who participated! The survey is now closed for data analysis. Send me a message if you have any further questions.

• Like 1

This study has been completed. Thank you to everyone who has participated!