New Declass Team MemberS Needed: Nominations

Join the team!

We are looking for three more members of the AVEN Declassification Team. See more about that here:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/123437-introducing-avens-new-declassification-team/ 

We are now taking nominations. If you are interested, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/ 

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio must be sent to me before voting starts.

This is the timeline for this election:

Sunday, 9 October to Friday, 14 October: Nominations

Friday, 14 October to Monday, 17 October: Dedicated Q&A

Monday, 17 October to Saturday, 22 October: Voting

Edited by Kelly
added more openings
  • Like 4

I clicked on the link, but is there any more information I can get in what the declass teams does? 

I’d be interests in running, but I’m not sure I have the required 100 posts outside of certain threads. Is there any way to check that? 

34 minutes ago, Autumn ace said:

I clicked on the link, but is there any more information I can get in what the declass teams does? 

I’d be interests in running, but I’m not sure I have the required 100 posts outside of certain threads. Is there any way to check that? 

tagging DT @ben8884 @Life Of Tass @Topi

• Like 1

I can say from my own experience that declass is very enjoyable! Definitely a great choice for those interested in being a part of the team and helping out AVEN but are hesitant about all the responsibilities that come with being an admod :cake: 

• Like 5

It crosses my mind every time there's elections that I would like to offer something to the AVEN community, so...

ZsGQ3O2.gif

I'm in.

• Like 6
14 hours ago, Skary Sky said:

I can say from my own experience that declass is very enjoyable! Definitely a great choice for those interested in being a part of the team and helping out AVEN but are hesitant about all the responsibilities that come with being an admod :cake: 

Second this 👍

• Like 2
On 10/9/2022 at 1:39 PM, Autumn ace said:

Hi! You've reached the required 100 posts outside of certain forums.

:) Do you have any specific questions in mind, to ask about what the Declass team does? If you'd like, you could post them, here.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, LeChat said:

Hi! You've reached the required 100 posts outside of certain forums.

:) Do you have any specific questions in mind, to ask about what the Declass team does? If you'd like, you could post them, here.

I do have one specific question. Is there a certain amount of time I would have to dedicate a day to the declass team, or a certain amount of work I would have to get done in a week? I want to run, but with school and test prep I don’t think I could make a significant commitment in terms of time. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Autumn ace said:

I do have one specific question. Is there a certain amount of time I would have to dedicate a day to the declass team, or a certain amount of work I would have to get done in a week? I want to run, but with school and test prep I don’t think I could make a significant commitment in terms of time. 

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I'll let DT and/or former DT answer this, if they'd like to.

tagging @Iam9man @Skary Sky @Janus the Fox

@Autumn ace I know you asked in your earlier question about what DT does. They declassify threads from the admods forum for transparency between staff and members. After sensitive information is removed from threads, they're move to the public Admod Archives. Members can read through them and see what it is the admods do and how reports and policies are handled. 

As far as dedicating time, I think current DT may be better to answer since things may have changed since I was on the team. In my own opinion, it is manageable to do declass while in school. There will be days you can't contribute your time to declassifying threads and that's okay. There will be other days you may get a bunch of threads knocked out. Lighter days you can do some proofreads of threads that have already been declassed by another person and maybe even find a few small threads to redact information from. Days you have plenty of time, you could get through some longer threads. They don't need to be finished in one day either, so you can do what you can and come back later. Declass still has a decent backlog to get out into the archives, so it'll be great for them to get some help! 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, JimmyJazz said:

It crosses my mind every time there's elections that I would like to offer something to the AVEN community, so...

I'm in.

Woohoo!! :cake: :cake: 

@Skary Sky Thank you for the information! 

I see that nominations are open until Friday, and I’m on the fence right now as to whether or not I should run, so I’m going to wait a few days to make my descision. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Autumn ace said:

No specific time commitment is required, it’s a pretty chill team. The general agreement is that you’ll commit (to yourself) to aim for x tasks a day/week or y hours, but no problem if you need to for example take a week off for exams. I enjoyed my time as part of DT, but was never one of the busiest. I probably averaged 1-2 hours a week, which was enough to make a difference. Some of the other current and former members spend a lot more time than this and really make a huge contribution 😊

It’s overall an interesting role with no stress, and you learn a lot about the history and running of AVEN in the process.

Edited by Iam9man
  • Like 3

Thanks @Skary Sky and @Iam9man for the information. 

I was worried about whether it would be too much, but it sounds manageable. 

I’ll throw my hat into the ring.

• Like 7

If declass has such a big backlog, why restrict this election to one "winner"?

There are currently two people offering to help. You're always begging people to volunteer for stuff. There's a lot of work to be done. I don't see the point of turning away offers of help!

• Like 7
1 hour ago, awadama said:

There are currently two people offering to help. You're always begging people to volunteer for stuff. There's a lot of work to be done. I don't see the point of turning away offers of help!

That's an excellent question.

For some positions at least, I fail to see why AVEN even has elections. If a member meets the eligibility criteria and seems like a competent individual, why don't admins just say, 'Thanks, it's great that you volunteered!' and give them the position. Someone can always be booted from the team if they're not suited for the job.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, awadama said:

This has been brought up. Stay tuned.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, awadama said:

We could use more. I have edited to state that we could use more. :cake: 

• Like 9

I will say as a former declass team member, it's a good opportunity to get a peek into what moderating is like to see if you'd like to run for that kind of position in the future. :ph34r:

• Like 5