new Subforums [please read before posting]

Your feedback here:  

9 members have voted

1. 1. do you like the idea of introducing subforums to QaA?

• sounds good to me!
    • yes, but not these
    • not such a good idea, keep it as it is please

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/13/22 at 09:22 AM

Dear QaA vistor,

to make this forum somewhat less cluttered the admod team thought of introducing new subforums.

These work like folders: You open the Questions about Asexuality forum and then choose, wether you want to go to the informational reading folder or the "I still have a question" folder to write your personal concerns. The main forum would be kept as "clean" as possible.

What do you think of this idea? Let us know by polling and/or giving feedback in this thread!

Thank you in advance

FJO8

moderator for JFF and QaA

Edited by FJO8
9 hours ago, Sister Mercurial said:

What would be in said folder?  

One folder would be purely informal with links to all the FAQs and different wikis.

The other folder would be the one where you can pose your questions. This is to create a better overview over which information is already available before the same questions get asked over and over

• Like 1

Nah leave it. FAQs and wiki links exist as it is. People will still want to actually write out their own thoughts and questions, and the same questions will continue to be asked, with the added effect of potentially making some people feel guilty or uncertain about making posts. So I highly doubt making such a change will make much difference. It's fine as it is. If someone is annoyed by the same questions coming up over and over, they don't know how an internet forum like this works.

• Like 2
everywhere and nowhere

It might be a good idea to have a separate subforum for "Am I asexual?" type questions. Moderators could move such topics posted in other sections to that subforum.

I also still support the idea of a defdeb subforum. ;) I do enjoy a nice defdeb once in a while.

Results are in:

do you like the idea of introducing subforums to QaA?

• sounds good to me! 6
  • yes but not these 0
  • not such a good idea, please keep it as it is 3

We will discuss how we will proceed. Thank you all for your input!

As the majority of participants voted yes, the Admod team decided to introduce two new subforums:

Questions about Asexuality - Main forum of questions about asexuality

Frequently Asked Questions - a collection of helpful links and articles

Members Questioning - If you still have a (personal) question, you can leave it here!

Please post your questions in the Members Questioning section or they will be moved there after a week, as all older threads have been. You may want to read the Frequently Asked Questions before. Of course we encourage you to read the questioning threads of others as well, maybe you find someone with similar experience and are able to help each other figure yourselfes out! In the end, that is what AVEN is here for.

FJO8

JustForFun/Chatterbox (JFF) and Questions about Asexuality (QaA) moderator

Edited by FJO8
  • Like 1