1. 1. Do you identify with any flags?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you identify with more than one flag

• Yes
    • No
    • I don’t identify with any flags
  3. 3. If you identify as aroace do you prefer to use the sunset aroace flag or do you prefer to use the aro flag and the ace flag?

• I use the sunset flag
    • I use both the ace flag and the aro flag
    • I use all 3
    • I don’t use any flags
    • I am not aroace
  4. 4. Do you like the color scheme of the flag/s you use?

• Yes
    • No
    • I like some of them but not all
    • I don’t use flags
  5. 5. Do you own any flag merchandise

• Yes
    • No
    • I would like too
    • I used to but not anymore
    • I don’t want any
  6. 6. Is the flag you use one that many people know of?

• Yes most people recognize it
    • No most people have never seen it
    • Some people know of it
    • I don’t use a flag

This poll is closed to new votes

I have stuff with flags of the ones that are most important to me. I've got a demiboy pin on my backpack, and I have non-binary, trans, and aroace bracelets I made myself! Some people have recognised them and asked me about them :) It's cool because people who are anti LGBTQ+ are more unlikely to be familiar with the flags, besides the rainbow and possibly the trans flag.

Honestly....... the demiboy flag is probably part of the reason light blue is my favourite colour right now :P

verily-forsooth-egads

I mainly identify with the ace and nonbinary flags. Really don't like the sunset one, it feels too disjunct from all the related flags. I'm aro and ace, not Portalgender.

I have a bisexual flag hanging on the wall in my living room. Flags and other symbols aren't hugely important to me... I think maybe they used to be a little more, when I was less settled in my sexuality... but I like the colours and so why not.

At my previous home, I had a rainbow flag on the porch. I'm conflicted regarding how I feel about that one now. I know it's very generalised as an LGBTQ+ symbol, so bisexuals are theoretically included in that, but I've moved away from really identifying as part of the larger LGBTQ+ community for a variety of reasons. Some political and philosophical stuff mostly, I guess. Plus at the time, I was in a same-sex relationship I suppose I expected to last, and I genuinely thought I was either perhaps just gay or very heavily leaning that direction, and then that relationship ended and my partner now is someone of the opposite sex... and although I absolutely know that my partner's sex doesn't dictate my overall orientation, between things like some instances of biphobia in the LGBTQ+ community, the aforementioned political/philosophical stuff, the fact that when I'm happily with someone I feel largely disconnected from my potential feelings for whatever sex my partner isn't, and some lingering emotional trauma stuff from that past relationship, the rainbow flag in general doesn't feel as directly relevant now. Tbh it brings up some actively negative feelings because of the previous relationship stuff.

So I stick with the bisexual flag, but I honestly do not see my sexual orientation as a really big part of my identity these days. It's just kind of a background fact. But the colours are pretty so the one on my wall is staying lol.

• Like 2
The French Unicorn

I can't answer to 3 cause even if I am aroace I only "use" the aro flag (well I don't reallly use this flag, but let's say if I did, I would use this one). That's because I identify more with my aro side.

Anyway I am more likely to use the colors of the flag thab the flag itself.

• Like 1

I think more than the flag itself, I like my hoodie with the cartoon opossum holding a bisexual flag and the words 'BISEXUAL TRASH'. It seems fitting somehow. I've always felt uninterested or outright uncomfortable with and unable to conform to many common, mainstream life scripts, which include many aspects of the usual heteronormative narrative. I never really expected to have a relationship at all when I was younger tbh, and I've made it to nearly 40 without participating in some dating-related stuff that the vast majority of straight women I know have. But I don't fit into the world of queerness either. I don't identify with the word 'queer' at all, and I don't get that feeling of 'Awwww yes, my people!' in queer spaces. A lot of queer culture isn't relatable to me.

So I dunno, I'm just lone wolf-y bisexual trash stuck in the middle. I like it that way. I don't necessarily have a need to connect with other bisexuals, either. I don't want a tribe.

I don't use any flags. I do like the color scheme of the asexual flag, though.

• Like 1

I've an Asexual flag, but identify as grey or demi 

• Like 1
CureoftheDay

I really like the aro flag and the ace flag, but not the orange-blue one. I've seen many people trying to explain the meaning behind the colours, but I still prefer to use the individual flags. Plus, I rather like the combination of green and purple. 

• Like 2
Blueberry Pie

I am biromantic ace. I identify with both the bi and asexual flags, though I probably feel more strongly about the ace flag. I get more excited when I see an ace flag in the wild because I feel it is less common. I like both flags because they relate to my orientations, and they are pretty. I own flags of both types.

It's interesting to see the votes about the sunset colored aroace flag. I've been wondering how people feel about that.

• Like 2

Despite being aroace, I only really identify with the ace flag. Maybe that is because I am more connected to the ace community, maybe it's because I've only recently accepted my aromanticism, maybe it's because I like purple better than green. Who knows. But I don't consider the aro flag 'mine' in the same way I claim the ace flag, if that makes sense. I might get more comfortable with it eventually, but for now I am just happy using the ace flag. 

I call myself aroace for short, but more accurately I'm ace and grey-aro. Hence I feel it's incorrect for me to use the sunset flag.

thegreatwolf

I use the separate aro and ace flags mostly due them being the ones I'm familiar with I also identify under the trans flag as well. For color scheme I love the ace and aro flags the trans one kinda has grown on me just tiny bit. Merch wise I own mostly pins, and one ace pride shirt along with a trans and ace flag for my wall.

As for why I like the ace and aro flags purple and green are some of my favorite colors.

I like the Ace flag and use it. But the agender flag... sorry, but that green hurts my eyes

• 2 weeks later...
enfysiridescent

I like all three flags, but I only have the aro and ace flags in my room (and I don't plan on purchasing an aroace flag). It's hard to explain, but having the aro and ace flags separately makes them feel more... broad? Applicable?

I generally don't label my orientation, and when I do, I prefer vague labels like aspec and queer. The aroace flag, for some odd reason, feels more specific than the separate flags. I still sometimes use the aroace flag though, usually in exclusively online contexts.

a little annihilation

I use the lesbian flag, the ace flag, and occasionally the enby flag.

I made this one - it's a combination of the ace flag & the aegoromantic flag: https://ibb.co/dJ9c5sn

Lucky for me, green (&purple) are my favorite colors, so that's just an added benefit. 😉

• 1 month later...

I really only identify with the trans flag. I don’t mind the colors and think the design is perfect. Don’t love it, though. I own a lot of flag merchandise with different flags. I can count six trans flag objects from where I’m laying my bed. All gifts from friends

I don't use any flag not even the asexual one. Asexuality is 1% of who I am I feel no need to use it as an identity nor do I need to advertise it to everyone as it isn't anybody's business.

• 1 month later...
AstrophelDragon

I like the colors on the ace flag (purple became my favorite color after I started identifying as ace heh heh) and wear them on rings on my right middle finger. I also like the colors of the platoniromantic flag but there's probably about 10 people in the world that know what that flag actually looks like. I don't like the colors of the genderfluid flag as much, especially those specific shades. I use it bc it's recognizable enough and has helped me to find other genderfluid people before, but I honestly prefer the nonbinary flag colors

• Like 1
AstrophelDragon

Or I'd prefer to make a different genderfluid flag, one that's a bit more...fluid. B/c stripes are all well and good for stuff that doesn't change, but when the word "fluid" is the integral part of your experience, a few colored stripes don't really convey that

I'm grey-aroace, and while I like the terms greyromantic and greysexual for myself, their flags are neither widely recognizable nor visually appealing to me. The asexual and aromatic flags themselves feel a bit too specific to those who are "fully" aromantic and asexual, so I personally don't feel comfortable using those two flags. I do, however, have a strong sentimental attachment to the sunset aroace flag because of it's role in my discovering my gray-aromanticism, and while it still isn't widely recognizable, I love the flag and it's meaning, so it's the one I use most frequently for myself. The flag's creator stated that the flag was intended to include people on the aro and ace spectrums/ under the aro and ace umbrellas, so while I don't identify as aromantic and asexual specifically, my gray-aroace identity is still represented by this flag. 

• 8 months later...

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator