New to forum/can't figure things out

Hey! So, I'm very new here and I've just been reading through a lot of the posts. They've been so helpful but there's still a lot of stuff I can't figure out. I've always had celebrity crushes and they aren't exactly non-sexual in nature. However, I haven't had a crush in over a decade and I've never actually liked someone I've met who I'd date or have sex with. I like the abstract idea of dating someone and even having sex with them (I'm a swoon when I read romantic stories type of a person). But I've never in my 23 years actually ever felt that towards someone. In fact, recently when I've been thinking about ACTUALLY being with someone, it just seems... odd? I can't tell if it's because I just don't know what it's like or if I'm this confused because over my life I've just been trained to think that being with someone is just the "natural" thing to do. So, where does that leave me?

Hmm maybe check into the labels* aegosexual/aegoromantic, which would mean that you might enjoy sexual/romantic content (like novels), and the idea, the concept of a sexual/romantic encounter, but still do not experience said attractions, as in have no desire to engage in said activities. Maybe you liked those celebrities because they are totally unobtainable. You can also try labels like greysexual/greyromantic. I hope I helped a little.

43 minutes ago, daughter of laufey said:

Hmm maybe check into a label aegosexual/aegoromantic, which would mean that you might enjoy sexual/romantic content (like novels), and the idea, the concept of a sexual/romantic encounter, but still do not experience said attractions. Maybe you liked those celebrities because they are totally unobtainable. You can also try labels like greysexual/greyromantic. I hope I helped a little.

oh yes, this actually makes a lot of sense! you definitely helped a lot. thanks!