Can I stop being Lithromantic? Hear me out

I have always fantized about having a relationship and I have had 2 relationships before the first one was a sweet healthy relationship and we both decided to break up before he moved but the next relationship was about 2-3 years later in 2019 and she was pretty toxic and abusive moving on we broke up that year and now a few days ago I had just gotten into a relationship after having a crush on this person for a few weeks but my feelings had completely faded within a few hours. I honestly really want to be in a romantic relationship one day and was wondering if me being lithromantic was caused by the trauma my ex gave me and if so if I talk to my counselor about it can it eventually go away and I have a relationship?

You don't have to make lithromanticism a part of your identity if you don't want to. One instance of attraction fading isn't worth enough to change your identity, particularly if that is very uncomfortable for you. You don't have to trap yourself under any label, and the fact you are uncomfortable with the label can also indicate it's not the right one for you. Talk to your counselor, see if processing your previous abusive relationship helps relaxes your fears.

Are you still dating that person? Tell them you really like them, but after making it official, a lot of bad feelings came up in you unexpectedly about your last difficult relationship, and you're not sure if you're actually ready to be anyone's partner right now.

Moved to Romantic and Aromantic Orientations

Janus the Fox

Current Policy Administrator, Covering, Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Relationships, Tea and Sympathy, Site Comments