Smash or pass?

Ok so i've been wondering if people really mean it when they say smash when they're doing the tiktok trend? Like are they saying that they would actually have sex with the people they see in the videos if they had the chance? Because like???? no

• Like 1

Maybe occasionally, but I wouldn't take it too seriously at all. Honestly for most people it's just a game for rating physical attractiveness and doesn't mean they'd definitely have sex with someone.

Not that I know much about bloody TikTok. Too old for that. 😂 But 'smash or pass' existed before that app.

• Like 5

Yes sorta. A lot of sexual people would have sex just cuz, or if someone looks really good/hot.

Doesn't mean the conditions don't need to be right though. And also just because someone says it doesn't mean they'd really go for it.

Personally i don't have gripes with sex, i just think it's boring after half a minute. But if I were into it then yeah why not. Some people like it.

This topic can probably be merged with this one...

@TormentDubz (or whoever else)

• Like 1
everywhere and nowhere

It reminds me of how some rather disgusting guys comment on pictures of attractive women (and I don't mean overtly sexualised pictures): "I'd bang!".

I tend to relate to it ironically when I see photos of big cats and I say to myself, with that kind of over-fervent tone: "I'd pet!".

• Like 4

I find it slightly less dehumanising than the whole rating people from 1 to 10 thing. I remember my (asexual) ex-husband telling me about one time in university when he was at a bar or something, and he was dancing with a female friend (she was gay) and she asked him to rate some of the other girls in the vicinity, like give them a number, and he was like... uhhhhhhh I have no fucking idea. 😂 I'd probably be similar. I just don't want to rate people on a scale, it feels icky. At least 'smash or pass', much as I dislike the rather crude phrasing, is basically a question of whether someone is physically attractive to you or not without putting a bloody number on it.

• Like 2
Feds the Freds
4 hours ago, Ceebs said:

I find it slightly less dehumanising than the whole rating people from 1 to 10 thing. I remember my (asexual) ex-husband telling me about one time in university when he was at a bar or something, and he was dancing with a female friend (she was gay) and she asked him to rate some of other girls in the vicinity, like give them a number, and he was like... uhhhhhhh I have no fucking idea. 😂 I'd probably be similar. I just don't want to rate people on a scale, it feels icky. At least 'smash or pass', much as I dislike the rather crude phrasing, is basically a question of whether someone is physically attractive to you or not without putting a bloody number on it.

7/10 comment, I'd quote

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Feds the Freds said:

7/10 comment, I'd quote

😂😂😂

• Like 1