I Came Out To A Friend Part 2

Seeing as my original thread was closed...

I met a woman the other day for coffee. We have known each other since Grade 2, but had only seen each other a couple of times since high school. We reconnected a few years ago via Faceplant and have chatted a bit. Her husband passed away this year and she asked me about a few things if I'd be interested in taking them.

Anyways while having coffee she asked me about family, I told her that I was asexual and not interested in girls or guys. It wasn't a big deal. I wasn't planning to come out to her, but I figured it was the easiest answer.

• Like 4

That's good that your friend didn't make a big deal about it; I told someone once and there was a freak out.  That's why I don't tell many people.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, thylacine said:

That's good that your friend didn't make a big deal about it; I told someone once and there was a freak out.  That's why I don't tell many people.

I've come out to a few friends that have asked about family. Only one questioned my statement about being a virgin. My response was, 'Contrary to popular belief Cathy and I have never (fill in the blank).' 'Oh'

I've known her since I was a teen and we spent a lot of time hanging out together in our 20s. I came out to her a few years ago and was really positive in her reaction.

• Like 2