What symbols (jewellery etc) of asexuality do we have?

Beyond garlic bread and cake I can't think of anything that couldn't be misinterpreted. Tbh even those foods are popular in a lot of places and a lot of people love either or both. The ace of spades or better the queen of spades have sexual implications too and the black ring is used by swingers as well. Even though the latter community may note that their members should wear it on any finger that isn't the right middle finger it doesn't seem to be known that well. The colour purple alone isn't enough to tell if it's about being ace or just a person't favourite colour. Dragons are popular in a lot of circles too.

I really can't think of any symbol that only belongs to the ace community. And maybe it's better that way. While being invisible can suck big time and it's also a form of security.

Well...What do you think about purple rings? If black for swingers maybe purple would be okay? The problem is that purple rings are quite rare, I think. Maybe too rare.  And some jewellery   in the form of  an  ace card  is not used anywhere ?

37 minutes ago, PurpleU said:

Well...What do you think about purple rings? If black for swingers maybe purple would be okay? The problem is that purple rings are quite rare, I think. Maybe too rare.  And some jewellery   in the form of  an  ace card  is not used anywhere ?

I don't think that I've seen card symbols to represent asexuality yet. Not in real life anyway. Maybe purple rings could work but I also think that it's a bit hard to come by. And it might not fit everyone's style. But a different colour could surely help in not being mistaken for a swinger. That would be quite akward on both sides. ^^;

Well, hey... it just so happens that I'm learning how to anodize titanium jewelry. So you folks aren't stuck with cheesy plastic rings forever.

The thing about it is, anodizing won't yield black or fire-engine red, but it will yield patinas of golds, blues, greens, purples, and pinks, depending on the voltage you select from the power supply. Google "titanium anodizing colors" and you'll see what I mean. It puts 24-karat gold to shame.

Niobium does this too, but it costs a little more than silver, plus you need a solution of lye for anodizing niobium. Borax works just fine for titanium.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AspieAlly613 said:

MZ2qViO.jpg

That's why I got this necktie.

You’re rocking it! :D 

• Like 2

I have a black ace ring that also has a subtle ace flag on it. I got it on Etsy. I can link it if you want.

There are subtle pride jewelry and pins on Etsy that someone who is also ace would hopefully be able to detect. They use the colors of the ace flag usually.

And of course… the flag can look great on certain items, like a tie :D 

So I guess… the flag and its colors are big symbols in themselves! Though maybe that’s not the answer you’re looking for.

I made a bracelet that’s the colors of the asexual flag. I don’t wear it very often though.