Does anyone feel turned on for no reason

So this is parculiar one. I identify as asexual with a high libido, aesthetically appreciate men, and my sexual expression involves noone else and just involves fantasy and masturbation. The strange thing is most of the time I get turned on for no reason. I'm not attracted to people beyond the aesthetics of men, which doesn't turn me on much, but often I get horny for no reason, and then I think of something to direct my libido towards something to get myself off. It's not that I don't get turned on think about things such as kink or having a thought that get me going, but sometimes I just feel really turned on, Can anyone else relate to this? I'm wondering if it's just me. Is there even a name for this? Does it fit anywhere in the ACE spectrum?

• Like 2

Libido is often related to hormones. If you're getting turned on for no reason, either you have some underlying turn-on you haven't quite discovered, or there could be some underlying hormonal cause. None of this is related to your sexuality. Your libido doesn't change your sexuality.

• Like 1

Sometimes people just randomly get turned on. Like someone else said, it's hormones, which have nothing to do with whether you're asexual. Just a physiological process. I don't experience random episodes of being turned on and I'm still sexual because I desire partnered sex and would be unhappy without it being part of a relationship. If you never want sex with anyone else, regardless of whether you get randomly horny, you're still asexual.

Yeah and when it happens I read smut (whether its a comic or a novel).

I prefer BL, but i don’t mind hentai, it just depends on my mood.

In general I have no interest in watching/reading about real people engaging in sexual acts.

back in the day I would visit the website textsfromlastnight and most of the anecdotes were sexual,  and gross, honestly. I can’t imagine why anyone would find some sex acts presented in those anecdotes enjoyable, but I’m very much ok with those situations being depicted when they are drawn/written about in a novel.

I like staring at pretty pictures, and characters can be as pretty as the artist is capable of making them, so I can have a pick of many artists whose art I like and since it’s just drawings I’m ok seeing stuff than in reality I wouldn’t find so erotic .

Anyway, sometimes I randomly replay a certain scene from something I read that I found “hot”  and feel an itch.

Still not interested in having sex myself though. 

• Like 1