hello :)

hey all,

I recently discovered that I may be somewhere on the asexual spectrum, and this site has helped me a lot with all the definitions as well as other people sharing their own experience. Just wanted to drop in and greet everyone :)

9 minutes ago, Mike D said:

Out of curiosity I googled "laufey" and got an Icelandic musician I'd never heard of.  Is that the reference?

No, it's a reference to Nordic mythology. Laufey is the mother of the treacherous Loki :) (I highly recommend you to read more about nordic mythology, it's very interesting)

Laufey the musician seems cool tho

@daughter of laufey Hello. Welcome! :cake:

[a pic of a two-layered cake (on a white plate with silver stars) with white or off-white filling decorated as a brown cat's face. It looks similar to two stacked ice cream sandwiches (but it's not).]

FH8rUl8XIAEoMVj?format=png&name=small

ChipmunksBeCute

Greetings and welcome to AVEN.  🎂

2 hours ago, daughter of laufey said:

No, it's a reference to Nordic mythology. Laufey is the mother of the treacherous Loki :) (I highly recommend you to read more about nordic mythology, it's very interesting)

Laufey the musician seems cool tho

This sounds interesting, do you recommend any particular book or other source?  I admit to being curious about this and some of the other Nordic myths.

15 hours ago, ChipmunksBeCute said:

Greetings and welcome to AVEN.  🎂

This sounds interesting, do you recommend any particular book or other source?  I admit to being curious about this and some of the other Nordic myths.

Well I recommend Neil Gaimans 'Nordic Mythology', it's a collection of myths written like a novel and it's a great starting point :)

Welcome! Norse mythology is cool, I’m fond of all the cool mythological creatures they have. Is that your cat in your profile pic btw? Cause they’re a very cute cat :D 

ryo0gyaymbj21.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! Norse mythology is cool, I’m fond of all the cool mythological creatures they have. Is that your cat in your profile pic btw? Cause they’re a very cute cat :D 

ryo0gyaymbj21.jpg

Unfortunately it isn't my cat 😕 but it's very cute indeed

So is that cat cake